Chapter 6

His Girl

 

“My baby~ are you okay?” Luna asked whiles hugging me. I told her about my dad yesterday on the phone and rushed over to me when she saw me walk in the classroom.

“Unnie…I can’t….breath” I said while struggling to catch my breath from her death grip. She pulled away from me and grabbed my shoulder.

“He didn’t touch you did he?” I shook my head.

“How can that bastard think you would listen to him if he gave you money? Has he got no shame?! Where did you even see him?” she asked.

“At the café he just came out of nowhere. But he’s gone now....I hope” because he’s Daehyun’s stepdad I have a feeling that I might see him allot, hopefully not. I don’t want to make it awkward with me a Daehyun. Because it’s already awkward enough with the whole nearly kiss thing. I walked over to the middle of the class room towards my seat that was next to the window and sat down.

“Speaking of the café, where is it?” Luna asked taking the seat next to mine.

“Why is it so quite today?” I asked her ignoring her question.

“Ya! Don’t change the subject! But it’s quite because Jieun isn’t here today or for a few weeks” Luna said forgetting about her question. She can be a fish sometimes always forgetting what she said.

“Why? Not that I don’t mind or anything” no Jieun for two weeks is like heaven. Everyone in school seems to be in peace with that girl.

Luna shrugged her shoulder “I don’t know something about seeing soul connection or something” she said. I was about to ask her who that was but the teacher came in starting the lesson.

Soul connection? I swear I’ve heard that somewhere before?

I let it go and concentrated on the lesson.

 

Soon after I realized school ended. Me and Luna walked out of school towards the school gate.

“Well I got to go now. See you tomorrow Luna!” I waved at her and walked to work.

I walked through the busy street of Seoul avoiding bumping into anyone. Half way to my destination I could feel someone following me. I slowly stopped and looked behind me but could see no one acting suspicious.

Was it just my imagination?

I continued walking but had that feeling of someone following me again but this time I heard footsteps. Out of everyone else I seem to hear only that specific one. I started panicking and walked faster.

When I saw the café I started running and barged in it. I bumped into something and fell on the floor.

“Are you okay?”

I opened my eyes and saw Daehyun on top of me. I looked at him and frowned, why does he look different today? Soon I realised the position we were in and pushed him off me and sat up straight.

“M-mianhae” he said. I just shook my head and got up heading towards the locker room. Aish! Things are getting more and more awkward between us. While I was putting on my apron I stopped and though at why Daehyun looks different today?

Maybe it’s just me I though. I walked out the locker room saw Himchan with Luna…..wait what?!

Himchan put his arms around her shoulder while she was giggling at whatever he’s saying.

“Ya! What are you doing here?!”

“I own this place” Himchan said making the word ‘own’ stick out.

“Not you. You!” I said pointing my finger at Luna “How did you even—“then it clicked, she was the one following me! I looked at her and by the look of her face she knew I figured her out.

“I you wouldn’t tell me where it was, so I decided to follow you” she said mumbling the last bit.

“The reason why I didn’t tell you is because I don’t want you near that thing” I said waging my finger at Himchan now. He put his hand on his heart like he was hurt and had his mouth wide open.

“Thing?! I hope you remember that I’m the one paying you right?”

“Unnie you can’t be around flirty boys like him when you have Onew oppa” I grabbed Luna’s arm and dragged her away from Himchan. She sat on the counter while I was leaning on it. Himchan looked at me in disbelief “Ya Riley! Did you not hear me? How can she just ignore me?!”

Daehyun walked over to him and gave him an annoyed look “Hyung can’t you keep it down? Huh? You’re scaring the customers”

Himchan pointed his finger at him “Y-you too? Am I to soft with you guys” he said mostly to himself.

“Anyways only because your mask is gone doesn’t mean you can talk to me like that!”

“Bwo?!”

Everyone turned their head to look at me but I wasn’t really paying any attention to that. Daehyun finally to his mask off in public!

“What’s wrong with you?” Luna asked.

I ignored her and walked towards Daehyun. Himchan walked towards Luna and stood next to her while watching us.

“I was wondering why you looked so different” I said, I could feel a smile grow on my face but I tried my best to keep it down.

“W-well it’s not like you haven’t seen me without it” he said while rubbing his neck. Daehyun awkwardly coughed and put his hand down from his neck “Anyways I have to go in the kitchen” with that he walked away.

I followed behind “Ya! Wait why did you take it off?”

 

No one’s POV

“That’s odd”

Luna looked to her right and looked at Himchan's confused face “Wae?” she asked.

“He stuttered. He doesn’t normally do that” he said mostly to himself.

“Who that guy? What’s so wrong with someone stuttering?” Luna is wondering why he was acting this way only because of someone stuttering.

“But Daehyun doesn’t stutter….unless” Himchan was still talking to himself and Luna seem to notice. She was actually interested at what he was talking about but doesn’t like the feeling of being ignored.

“Unless what?”

Himchan opened his mouth but closed it again. He shook his head and started laughing “Like that is possible” Himchan sighed and looked at Luna.

“Oh! Your still here?”

“I don’t like you” Luna jumped off the counter and went to look for Riley.

“What did I do?” Himchan asked

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen Riley was still asking Daehyun why he wasn’t wearing his mask today.

“Why don’t you like it?” he asked while putting freshly baked cookies on a tray.

“Aniyo! It’s not that it’s just…..I want to know why?"

He shrugged his shoulder and put a glass bowl on top of the cookies and looked at me.

“Someone told me it was a waste covering up my face”

“Who? Me?” Riley asked.

Daehyun shook his head “No someone said it before you”

“Oh” Riley was actually hoping that he took it off because of her. She doesn’t even know why she feels disappointed that it wasn’t her.

“D-do you like her?” she asked. Why did I ask him that? It’s not business Riley thought. Daehyun looked her in the eyes trying to read her. He was wondering if she would be jealous if he said yes but really he doesn’t like anyone but her. The reason why he took his mask of was because of her.

“Yeah I think I do” he said.

Daehyun sat up straight when he saw her flinch. D-does she like me? He thought.

Riley didn’t notice the reaction she made and just nodded.

“Well by the looks of it she doesn’t know, right?” she asked, avoiding his eyes. Daehyun nodded.

Riley smiled and finally looked at him “Then you should tell her. Umm I have to go out there now” she said pointing at the door.

“I’ll take these with me” she walked over to the tray of cookies and took it with her.

“Why are you making things harder for me?” Daehyun sighed and leaned on the kitchen counter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry if this chapter is boring I just needed something to fill in the gaps.

Trust me things will get intresting…soon xD

anyways please, please comment! It motivates me =D