Chapter 12

His Girl

 

“You know what Riley? You don’t even need him.” Luna said. The only place Riley could think of going to was her best friend. A few minute ago Luna opened the door to a crying friend and brought her inside to comfort her.

Luna continued “You’ll find someone better. You’re a pretty girl so it won’t be that hard” Riley just continued eating the ice cream that Luna gave her.

“But can I ask you something?” Luna asked. Riley looked at her and nodded “Did you... you know have a little bit of feeling for Daehyun?”

Riley put down her spoon and sighed “There was something going on sometimes but I don’t know. Anyways it doesn’t matter anymore! I’m going home.” Riley got up from Luna’s bed and went downstairs with Luna following her. “Do you want me to take you home?” Luna asked.

Riley shook her head “Don’t worry about it. I’ll see you tomorrow” With that Riley was walking to the bus stop to get home.

After an hour bus trip to her house she finally arrived and was walking down the street. Riley was thinking about what Luna asked. She does admit that she and Daehyun always seem to be in some position that they should not be in but it always happens. What makes it worse is that she doesn’t even think of stopping what might happen, and that confuses her even more. Riley sighed and told herself to forget about it.

She saw her house and got her keys out ready to unlock the doors.

“Riley!” Riley looked up and turned to see Daehyun walking towards her.  Riley sighed and ran her hand in her hair. She didn’t feel like facing anyone right now, especially Daehyun.

“I’m sorry” he told her. Riley nodded and was about to walk again but Daehyun stopped her.

“Is that it?” he asked.

“Sorry Daehyun but I’m really not in the mode right now. So could you just leave me alone?” Riley once again tried to walk away but of course he didn’t leave it to that. “You’re making it seem like it’s my fault”

“No offence but it kind of is your fault Daehyun.”

“Say’s the girl that never seem to pull away when we’re about to kiss. You’re basically leading me on!” Daehyun was starting to get annoyed at how he was being blamed. Yes he should have stopped at time but Riley didn’t really help.

“Leading you on? Seriously how the heck did I lead you on? You know what I seriously do not want to talk about this right now. I can already see this end into a—“

Daehyun grabbed her arms and placed his lips on her. He brought her closer to deepen the kiss; Riley was trying her best not to kiss back but the way he held on to her made her lips think otherwise. Daehyun felt like smiling when he felt her kiss back. But images of Yongguk popped in her mind bring her sense back and pushed him away while gasping for air. “Y-you...Daehyun what the heck!”

“You kissed back”

“N-no I didn’t”

“Anyways what does it matter if you did or did not? You’re not with him anymore so why feel guilty” he told her obviously knowing the reason why she pushed him away. He was also kind of upset that their first kiss will turn into a fight looking at Riley’s angry face.

Riley looked at him in disbelieve. “You’re dickhead” With that Riley walked away and entered her house.

Daehyun watches her enter her house and groaned while ruffling his hair. “I made it worse didn’t I?” he asked himself when he leaned on the wall. Daehyun couldn’t help himself really; as she is now single he didn’t need to worry about the other guy. But looking at it now he realized he made a mistake. No he does not regret it. He just wished that she wouldn’t have left quickly without him explaining. Daehyun sighed and left her neighbourhood.

 

Luna watched Riley spacing out again for the hundredth time, she’s been like that since she entered school and Luna was pretty sure it wasn’t because of the lesson they were having. Sometimes she would frown or touch her lips. Luna told herself to ask what was wrong after the lesson was over.

Riley thought things through. She was with Yongguk but broke up with him because he accused her for cheating on him with Daehyun. Then we have Daehyun confessing to her and kissing her last night. What made her mind hurt from thinking even more is why did she kiss back? She kept asking herself that question but never seem to get an answer.

Riley laid her head on the table and decided to sleep it off for a bit.

 

Luna was dragging an angry Riley to the front of the Club, skipping the line. “Ya, Luna how many times do I have to tell you that I didn’t want to be here?” Luna shrugged and stood in front of the door while getting her phone out. “You’re my best friend, you should know” Luna told her while putting her phone on her ears.

“Oppa...Oppa! Were outside! Come get us please!” Luna shouted, she smiled and looked over at your angry face. “Seriously why are you being upset for?”

“Because I was brought here without any free will!” Riley argued back and sighed “Plus Taemin is there, I haven’t seen him since I confessed to him last time”

Luna put her hands on her hip “You will go in there and show him how stupid he was for rejecting you! Even if you say no I will drag you in” She told Riley. Knowing Luna she has no choice but to follow her

“I even bought you latte this morning as well” Riley muttered.

 Onew soon came and gave Luna a hug before taking her hand and bringing us inside the club.

It’s not like it was Riley’s first time in here she just never really enjoyed it. It just looks like people come here to get drunk and then have fun. They soon walked to a table booth were all the others were. “There here!” Onew shouted to get everyone’s attention. Riley waved at everyone and hugged Victoria while Amber was stuck between Jonghyun and Minho so she waved back.

Not to make things awkward with Taemin, Riley waved at him and he waved back. Riley sat next to Victoria and was trying to catch up. Riley and Luna haven’t seen Amber and Victoria since they graduated to this was a nice get together.

Riley was just hoping that next time they would meet at a cafe instead of a club. While everyone was conversing Riley felt someone staring at her, she looked out the dance floor and saw a boy with blond hair. He really stood out because of that.

He smiled and looked back at his friend.

“What’s wrong?” Victoria asked when she saw Riley staring off.

“Huh? Oh nothing” Riley smiled so she wouldn’t worry.

“Come on lets go dance now!” Amber squeezed through Jonghyun and walked towards the dance floor with the others following. “Are you coming?” Victoria asked. Riley shook her head “Maybe later” she answered. Victoria patted her head before leaving and following the others.

Riley sighed and played with her drink until there was a tap on her shoulder. She looked up to see the guy that was staring at her standing next to her.

“You want to dance?” he asked.

“Umm I’m fine thanks” Riley said politely before looking back at her drink like it was the most intresting thing in the world. The boy took her drink and sat opposite her. “Ya! What are you doing? Give back my drink!”

“My name is Yongguk, yours?”  Yongguk said.

Riley scoffed “Sorry but why should I tell you my name when you will forget later on?” she told him. She was hoping that one of her friends would safe her from this guy. Yongguk tried his best to hold in his laugh.

“Do you see me as the type of guy that just hooks up with a girl and then leave their house when they are asleep?” he said in one go. Without hesitation Riley said yes.

“Waah you can read me well”

Riley shrugged “It’s a gift”

Yongguk smiled at her and rubbed the back of his neck. Riley did have to admit that he was cute but still he wasn’t her type. “How about we go out of here and get some coffee?” Yongguk asked.

“You just told me you were a player and now you’re asking me out for coffee?”

“Isn’t that normal?”

“No actually it isn’t” Riley told him.

Yongguk doesn’t know why but she was so intresting to him. Normally girls would be all over him when he talks to them. But you were different. Yongguk gave back Riley’s drink which she gladly accepted it and chugged it down. Yongguk stood up and grabbed her stuff and her wrist and walked towards the exit.

“Y-ya what are you doing?! Let go of me!” Riley struggled to keep up with him. When they got out it has gotten colder than how it was before. Yongguk finally let go of her and looked up at the sky. “Fresh air!”

“Why did you drag me out?!”

Yongguk looked down at her and smiled “You looked like you didn’t enjoy yourself” he shrugged and continued “I just wanted to help”

He noticed Riley shivering so he took his jumper of and put it over her shoulder. Riley stood still and watched him fix the hood of his jumper to put it on her head. That was when he caught her eyes on him. Riley looked down and moved back a bit.

“Comfortable?” Yongguk asked. Riley only nodded to embarrass for caught staring at him.

“What about that coffee now?” before Riley could say no, again Yongguk dragged her towards the nearest café. This time she didn’t argue back and let him do whatever.

 

The bell rang snapping Riley back to reality.

You’re really upset about this break up thing aren’t you?” Luna asked. Riley looked over at her friend and smiled “Seriously I’m fine, I’m going to get lunch, you coming?” Riley was trying her best not to let this ruin her day.

They both walked out the classroom and heard girls screaming down the hall. “What’s going on?” Luna asked. All the students were standing near the stairs screaming like some fan girls.

“Oh my gosh he’s so hot!!” one of them shouted.

Luna got curious at why a guy would be in their school. The crowd of girls split in half to make way for the boy. “Yongguk!” Luna shouted while pointing at him. Both she and Riley were shocked at why he would be in here. When he noticed the two girls he walked towards them and stood in front of Riley.

“Let’s talk”

“There’s nothing to talk about” before Riley could walk away she heard Jieun’s voice. “Oppa, did you come to see me?” she asked him while smirking at Riley. Yongguk just ignored her and grabbed Riley’s wrist before walking away with everyone.

“Yongguk let go!”

“You should know me by now. You know I won’t let you go” Riley sighed and let him drag her to wherever.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just want to know~