Chapter 5

His Girl

 

My mother dragged me out of my room. We walked down the stairs towards the dining room. She let go of me and looked at me.

“Who is she? And what is she doing in your room?” she asked. I rolled my eyes. She was to act like a mother now?

“How did you find out?” I asked not answering her question. She looked over at the maids and then back at me.

“Those girls can’t keep their mouth shut” she said smirking at me. I knew this was going to happen. These people always seem to gossip about nearly everything. “Anyways answer my question. Who is she? And what is she doing in your room?” she asked again.

“I saved her life and brought her here” I said.

“What? Ya! Jung Daehyun! Are you—oh?”

I looked behind me and saw Riley and gasped. Because she was in my bed last night I didn’t notice what she was wearing. She wore one of my white long sleeved shirt and shorts. I couldn’t stop my eyes from staring at her legs.

“Stop staring” my mum said and hit my head.

“Aish!”

“Umm sorry for interrupting but Daehyun what do you mean you saved me?” she asked.

“You don’t remember?” she shook her head. “You got attack by two erts and I saved you. Nothing big” I said.

“BWO!” she looked over at my mum and coughed awkwardly “I mean chinja? Then thank you for taking care of me” she said.

“Now I remember you!”

I and Riley looked at my mother. “You work in Himchan’s café right?” she asked. Riley nodded.

“Remember the day I came over. Where was Daehyun really?” she asked her. Before Riley could answer her question I grabbed her hand and dragged her out “Gaja!”

“YA Daehyun!!”

We got back inside my room. There were cloths on my bed. I’m guessing the maids put them out for Riley. We awkwardly stood in my room.

“Umm you can change in the bathroom” I said pointing at the bathroom door. She nodded and got the clothes and changed. I walked towards my walk in closet and changed as well.

When I got out I saw Riley sitting on my bed.

“Should we go? Himchan is properly waiting for us” I said. She nodded and got up. I walked towards my desk and got out my mask.

“Seriously?”

I looked up and Riley was pointing at it.

“You’re really going to wear that?” she asked. She walked towards me and grabbed the mask off me.

“Ya!”

“Ya? Did you just call me ya? Last time I checked I had a name” she said smirking at me. Is she playing with me now? I tried snatching it from her but she put it up in the air.

“Give it back” I said. She shook her head “nope. We are leaving this house without the mask Daehyun” she said.

“Says who?”

“Me!”

Again I tried to grab the mask but she put it behind her back. I grabbed her waist with my left arm and used my right hand to get the mask. She squealed when I grabbed hold of her and showed her the mask.

“Its mine. Don’t touch it” I said sounding like a kid.

“Arraso” she giggled but it died down. I noticed that I was still holding her and her hand was on my shoulder. I looked at her eyes and remembered what happened to us on the bed.

Her being so close to me is just making me crazy. How can I control myself when we always end up being this close?

I pushed her closer to me making her chest touch mine.

“D-Daehyun” she gasped. Ignoring the fact that she is Yongguk’s girl I brought my face closer to hers making our nose touch. Soon I felt her lips brush on mine. Before I could finally taste them someone knocked on the door making me pull away from her.

One of my maids came in and bowed “Your car is ready” she said. I raised my eye brows at her.

“I didn’t ask for a lift” I said.

“Oh! Then It properly was you step-father. Sorry for interrupting” she said before leaving the room. Chinja how can you get confused between me and that face?

“We should go” I heard Riley say. She rushed out the room and I followed behind. We walked down the stair case and I saw my mother and my step-father. I bumped into Riley realising she stopped walking. She was looking wide eyed at my stepdad.

He looked up at us and had the same reaction as she did. He kissed my mother goodbye and ran out the house.

“Are you guys going now?” my mum asked. Riley blinked for a few seconds and nodded. Soon we walked out the house and had someone open the gate for us.

“Hey Daehyun”

“Hmm?” I looked over at Riley.

“That man that was with your mother. Who is he?” she asked.

“My stepdad” I said while taking out my mask out of my back pocket. She nodded her head like she understood something. I put my mask on and felt someone staring at me. I looked over at Riley and noticed she was giving me an irritating look.

“What?” I asked. She scoffed and walked away. She stopped and looked at me.

“Are you not coming?!” she shouted.

“Yeah but you’re going the wrong way!” I said trying to hold in my laugh. She walked back towards me and walked away again, this time the right way.

 

Riley’s POV

I and Daehyun arrived at the café 10 minutes ago and I was in front of the counter on my own. Daehyun and Himchan was busy doing something in the kitchen. I thought back at what happened this morning. Me and Daehyun nearly kissed. TWICE! How can that even—but the thing is I didn’t stop him, or even though of stopping him.

Aish what am I doing?! I am with Yongguk. I am Yongguk’s girl I shouldn’t be with any other guys like that except him. But Daehyun made me feel…I don’t know weird inside, a good weird.

“Urgg I don’t know!” I whined and put my hand on my face.

Ting-a-ling-a-ling

I looked up when I heard the door open. I smiled at the customer but it soon fell when I saw who it was.

“Let’s talk.”

I was outside the café’s side building and looked at the man.

“What do you think you’re doing?” he asked.

“I should be asking the same thing. You got married?” I said glaring at him. I have no reason to be nice to this guy. He is the reason everything went downhill for me and my mother.

“What is it you want money” he asked while taking his wallet out of his jacket. I scoffed at him “Money? Do I look like I need your filthy money?” I said.

“Ya!”

“What? Are you getting upset now? I mean money is the reason why you left me and my mum!” I shouted.

“Are with my stepson because you want revenge on me?” he asked. He rubbed his temples and signed.

“Just take it and leave. Go to Busan with your mother or something!” he said shoving the check on my hand.

“She’s dead.”

“Bwo?”

“She died two years ago because of a piece of like you!” I said feeling my eyes sting. I threw the check at his face.

“Don’t talk to your father like that!”

“My father died when I was 10!” I walked away and got back inside the café. I saw Himchan and Daehyun walk out the kitchen so I quickly wiped away my tears.

“Hmm isn’t that your stepdad Daehyun?” Himchan asked him. We looked outside and saw him enter his car.

“I wonder what he was doing here” he said.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Another chapter~

I only had one comment.

Thank you shocked97 for commenting~!