Chapter 16

His Girl

 Jaesuk, Daehyun’s stepfather stepped inside the house after his one week business trip in China. Every time he steps in the house he would always be greeted by the maids who would take his luggage or his wife, but today he saw neither of them.

Jaesuk frowned and walked up the stairs while leaving his luggage down stairs just in case the maids came for it. He decided to go to his wife study room and saw her there with Daehyun. Without giving his stepson a glance he smiled at his wife. “Where is everyone?” he asked while slowly approaching her.

“Stop right there.” Soomin, Daehyun’s mother said before he could round the desk and hugs her. Daehyun decided to let his mother do the talking. After he told her everything it took her a while to believe what he was telling her.

“What’s going on?” he asked and without answering Soomin placed a picture on her desk for Jaesuk to see. It was a picture of him, Riley’s mother and Riley when she was 3. Daehyun smirked at his stepfathers shocked reaction.

“Who gave you this?” he asked still staring at the picture. “The question is when were you planning on telling me about this, huh? Why do I need to find out about this information from my son and not you?! Tell me why!” Soomin felt completely betrayed when she found out more about his past. While he was on his business trip she hired someone to look more into his past. She didn’t want to believe Daehyun when he told her but after some thought she realized that she didn’t really knew much about Jaesuk’s past.

Jaesuk glanced over at Daehyun and gave him a glare. Daehyun raised his eyebrow at him “What? You thought I would let you play around with my mum until you got what you wanted?” he asked. Jaesuk ignored him while trying to hold in his anger. “I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about them. If you’re worried that I was with them while I was with you then you shouldn’t be.” He told her.

“I know that. I even know that your past wife died and that you send your daughter, Riley to Busan.” She continued when she saw how shocked he was “I also know about your plan to take over the company, basically I know everything.” She explained.

“Soomin—“

“This is the part where you pack up your bag and leave.” Daehyun told him.

“Jung Daehyun this is none of your business!”  Jaesuk temper finally reached its limit. Hearing Daehyun's voice angered him so much especially when he was the one who told his mother about all this. “It actually is as you were trying to steal his company from him.” Soomin said, backing up her son. “You thought I would pass my company to you when it belonged to Daehyun since day one.” She told him.  When her late husband died his lawyer told her that Daehyun would own the company after he graduated university. Soomin was just taking care of it until it was time to pass it to her son.

“And you don’t have to worry about packing up your stuff; they already packed and would be downstairs by now.” She told him.

Jaesuk’s face completely darkened “You really think I will leave easily?” he asked her.

“Of course not, that is why I asked them to you out” Soomin pointed the door where two security men were waiting for him. With no choice he walked out the room with the security men’s following him.

Soomin sighed “How could I be so stupid”

Daehyun watched his mother rub her temples. He crouched down and looked at her “I’m sorry things went this way” he told her. When he told his mother about Jaesuk he kind of regretted it. He realised that after telling her she would feel depressed.

Soomin looked up at her son and gave him a smile “It’s not your fault Daehyun, your just trying to help. Anyways I have to call someone so…”

Daehyun chuckled at how his mother is slyly kicking him out her study room. “Sure I’ll leave you too it” Daehyun got up but stopped and turned towards her “I love you mum”

Soomin smiled at her son “I love you too”

 

 

“Why are you always here?” Himchan asked Luna who just walked inside the café.  “Well I have nothing to do now Riley is gone. And I’m a customer! Why are you being rude for?” Luna stalked off to a table. “And I want mocha please!”

Himchan rolled his eyes but still went to prepare her drink.

Luna looked up from her phone when she saw Daehyun walk inside the café. Because of that huge smile on his face she noticed that he hasn’t worn his mask for a while now. “Why are you smiling like that for?” Luna asked when he walked towards her.

“Jaesuk is gone now” he told her.

“Who is Jaesuk?” she asked.

“His stepdad” Himchan answered for him and placed her hot drink in front of her. Luna thanked him and took a sip. “He’s not my stepdad anymore”

Himchan sat next to Luna causing her to sit closer to the window. “Why isn’t he your stepdad anymore?” he asked. Daehyun forgot that Luna and Yongguk was the only one who knew what was going on.

“What you do don’t know?” Luna asked “I thought you told him?” she now questioned Daehyun.

“I forgot”

“Ya! How come she knows and I don’t? Spill!” Daehyun had no choice but to tell him everything that has happened in the past few weeks. “How come you didn’t tell me this earlier?” Himchan asked.

Daehyun shrugged “as I said, I forgot and plus what could you do?”

“Hmm I guess you’re right. Anyways why are you sitting here instead of doing work?” he asked him. Daehyun rolled his eyes and got up and looked at Luna. “Have you heard anything from Riley yet?” he asked her. She shook her head “Sorry but no. But my friend who is her roommate told me she’s just getting used to everything” she told him what Victoria told her.

Daehyun nodded and headed towards the kitchen.

Himchan turned towards Luna “Your lying.” He stated.

“I’m not lying…I just told him half the truth. Anyways I have to go so if you’ll excuse me” Luna pushed him off his seat and walked out the café with her half finished mocha. While waiting for her bus at the bus stop she felt her phone vibrate, she looked at the id before picking up. “I tried calling you at lunch why didn’t you pick up!?” Luna didn’t let the other person talk and went straight to the point.

“I’m sorry; I was doing some extra work in the library. Anyways what’s up? Why were you trying to contact me?”Riley said while walking to her apartment. “I wanted to tell you I missed you but there’s something more important that I need to tell you”

Riley chuckled at her friend “Sure what is it?” she asked.

“Jaesuk and Daehyun’s mum aren’t together anymore.”

“Daehyun told me his name and everything. Riley you’re not planning on giving back the money are you?” Luna asked “I mean I understand you want to keep your pride on check but giving him that money would just make him do something stupid again”

“I will give the money back”

“Riley!”

“But!” She said cutting her friend off “Not to him. That wasn’t his money; I’m giving it back to Daehyun’s mum”

“Ahh I see, well that does explain everything” Luna looked up and saw her bus approaching. “I will call you when I get home okay, don’t forget to say hi to Victoria for me”

“Hmm I will”

_________________________________________________

Guys it’s been a while hasn’t it…I’m very sorry for the long wait but it was the last year of school so I had to do a lot of things. But now that is done I can come back to this~

I realised something though, while writing this I realized there’s probably one or two chapter left till it’s finished. I want to ask you guys what you think might happen in the last chapter. I’m curious at how you guys might think of how it will end, so please do tell me~ =D