Chapter 13

His Girl

We soon arrived at the rooftop and Yongguk finally let go of my wrist. “What are you doing here?” I asked when he didn’t say anything. He sighed and looked at me “What do you think?” he replied.

“To see Jieun.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that nothing happened?”

“You kissed her Yongguk, which is still something” I told him. I really didn’t want this conversation right now; this would just lead to an agreement. I still needed time to think about this but he’s not making things easy. “You kissed Daehyun, yesterday”

I froze and just looked at him. How did he know?

“I was there. I was going to come and apologize and then I saw you guys. Now who’s they one cheating?” he scoffed and put his hands in his pocket. “How did you know where I lived? And for your information we broke up and I didn’t cheat”

“And I know, you pushed away. And should I not know where my girl lived?” He asked. I looked down feeling embarrassed. Yongguk seemed to noticed at sighed “I don’t care where you live or where you’re from, I like you for you not your background okay”

I sighed “Look if you saw what happened why are you here?” I asked once again.

He shrugged “I’m here because I wanted to tell you that I won’t give up”

“What?”

“I’m not going to give up on you. I won’t give you to Daehyun that easily” he told me looking more serious that before. Honestly, I didn’t know what to say to that. Was I supposed to be happy? I’m happy, I honestly am but I don’t like coming in between their friendship. And plus me having weird feelings towards Daehyun doesn’t help at all.

Yongguk sighed and smiled “Pressure right?”

“You can say that.” I looked down not knowing what to do next. Should I leave or something? Before I could think any further Yongguk grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. Next thing I know he was hugging me.

“Yongguk...”

“Just for a minute” he said while holding me tighter.  Without knowing I warped my arms round his waist.

 

“What did Yongguk say?” Luna asked. It was the end of the day and Yongguk left before lunch finished.

“He wants me back” I told her while we were walking to the bus stop. Luna scoffed while fixing her scarf around her neck “I knew he would. Don’t take him back, you still need to sort out your feeling you know. Plus he kissed Jiuen”

I didn’t say anything and continued walking. “Seeing that you did not say anything back to me it seems you’re still confused.” Luna said with a worried look on her face.

“Let’s sit in here for a while” Luna dragged me inside a cute cupcake cafe and found a seat.

“Okay spill” she said.

“There’s nothing to say really Luna” I told her while taking my jacket off. Luna frowned “How about I give you a variety of questions and you answer them straight away. You can only answer yes or no, no hesitation!” she said instructing me on the game. I nodded slowly getting it and told her to start.

“Is Yongguk good looking?” she asked, making the first question really easy.

“Yes” I answered.

“Do you find Daehyun cute or y?”

“y” It took me a while what I just said. I looked at Luna in shock and saw her smirking.

“I’m not done yet. Do you trust Yongguk?” she asked.

“Not anymore”

“Does Daehyun always seem to be there for you besides me?”

“Yes”

“Do you like Yongguk more than Daehyun?”

I was about to answer but hesitated. I couldn’t think of the answer really. I wanted to say I don’t know but obviously I can’t. Luna frowned “Here I thought my game would work. Wow Riley, things are difficult for you” she told me.

“Yeah I know.” I sighed.

 

Third Person POV

Daehyun was walking towards Himchan’s apartment as he called him over. He soon arrived at his door and knocked it. Himchan opened the door and let Daehyun in.

He was met with the others excluding Yongguk. “What’s going on?” Daehyun asked as he could feel some tension going on in the room. Before anyone could say anything there was a knock on the door. Himchan looked at Daehyun and told him to sit down while he went to get the door,

Daehyun followed and looked over at Youngjae “What’s going?” he asked.

Youngjae patted his friends shoulder “This is for the best.” He said causing Daehyun to look at him weirdly. “Don’t worry hyung I’m confused as well” Jongup said.

Himchan walked in with Yongguk behind him. When Daehyun saw him he frowned and knew this was about. “What is this?”

“Why is he here?” Yongguk asked obviously annoyed.

“Shut up and sit down” Himchan told him. Yongguk rolled his eyes but followed his instruction. He was about to sit next to Zelo but Himchan stopped him. “No sit next to Daehyun.”

“What?”

“No.”

Yongguk and Daehyun said at the same time. Himchan glared at them causing them to shut up and follow his instruction once again. Himchan sighed and calmed himself down “You guys need to sort this out” he told them

“What is there to sort?

“Your friendship Daehyun. How can you guys even fight over a girl?” Youngjae said while looking at his friend. Himchan looked at them and placed his hands on his hips “I understand that you guys seem to care for Riley but it doesn’t mean that— I don’t even know what to say” Himchan was at lost. He really didn’t know how to sort this between his friends. This hasn’t really happened before and if it did they would have sorted it out a long time ago.

Jongup shrugged “What is there to say. They ruined their friendship for a girl and in the end the girl gets hurt as well” He said causing everyone to look at him.

“Wae, am I wrong?” he asked when he noticed the stares he was getting. Himchan shook his head “Continue on what you were saying.” He told him.

Jongup slightly lost his confidence but still did what he was told “I think you should both just let her go, don’t you think that’s the best for you and her?” he asked. Yongguk shook his head, he didn’t mean to hurt Riley or the relationship between him and Daehyun but he just couldn’t think of giving her up.

“Sorry Jongup but that’s really stupid” he told him.

Jongup smiled and shrugged his shoulders “Just a suggestion hyung.”

Daehyun sighed and got up from his seat “Well as much as I want to stay I have to go”

Youngjae stopped him “You’re not leaving until you guys sort things out” he told him. Daehyun rolled his eyes and sat back down.

 

Riley was walking home from the café her and Luna was at before, she sighed thinking about the situation again. Couldn’t they both just give up? In the end they would ask her to choose and she didn’t want to. She didn’t want to hurt anyone and she didn’t know who she would pick.

Yongguk who has been around her longer than Daehyun, he made you feel protected when he was around you and that gummy smile of his that made your heart flutter. And Daehyun? He just being around you made things seems brighter for you. How you don’t even know, you just didn’t know how things turned out like this.

You were getting ready to take your key out when you were nearing your house. But halted when you saw somebody standing in front of the steps. Was it Daehyun again?

When you got closer you realised who it was.

“What are you doing here? Leave.” You told your father.

He turned towards you “Is this pay back?” he suddenly asks you.

“What are you talking about?”

“The pictures of you and Daehyun are everywhere. You’re lucky that people couldn’t see your face properly. People are now expecting Daehyun to get married and take over the business”

You scoffed; you now understand what your father was doing. “You want to take over the company don’t you” you told him. When he avoided your eyes you knew you were right.

“Nothing’s going on between him and Daehyun” you told him,

“Then leave to Busan.”

You thought about it. Should you leave and run away from your problems instead of facing them?

“I’ll go” you told him.

“I’m being serious Riley”

“Yes so am I” She told him. Her father was thinking hard on why she wanted to leave but let it go. He wanted to get rid of her before she changed her mind. “Fine, pack your bags and I will get someone to pick you up and drive you to Busan. They will—“

“I’m not going right away” Riley said cutting him off. “I’ll leave on Saturday. I need time to say goodbye to my friends” she told him.

“Ya are you messing with me now! Just leave now, simple as that.”

Riley wasn’t fazed at all and kept her face emotionless.  “I’m leaving on Saturday. Don’t even know why you’re acting that way when it’s just in two days” with that Riley turned towards her house and opened the door.

 

Daehyun finally got home and sighed. It was hard trying to leave Himchan’s house, for once him and Yongguk even worked together to get out. Daehyun turned around when he heard the front door being opened.

His step-father walked in.

“You finally decided to come home?” he told him while one of the maids helped him take off his coat. Daehyun frown at that. Ever since his step-father entered the house, he’s been taking advantage of the maids every day. He hardly does things for himself.

Daehyun ignored him and walked up the stairs.

“Are you still seeing that girl?” He asked.

Daehyun halted and turned towards him again. “What’s it to you?” he asked.

His step-father shrugged and walked towards him “Just don’t waste your time on a girl like that. She might take your money and leave you. That what all people in low social class do.”

Daehyun glared at him “Riley is not like that at all. Don’t talk about her like you know her”

Daehyun was trying his best to keep his cool but just hearing him speak about Riley like that really pissed him off. “Just trying to be a good father for you” He told him while he smiled up at him.

“Don’t bother; I will never see you as my father. I rather sleep out in the street that think of you as my father” Daehyun told him before walking off to his room.

How much Daehyun hated that man was hard to explain. Everything he says to him just makes Daehyun want to punch his face. The only reason why he stays quite is because of his mother. He didn’t want to see her hurt when he sees her happy with his step-father. How that works, he’s still trying to figure that out.

“You need to give him a chance” Daehyun looked up when he heard his mother’s voice.

Daehyun didn’t say anything and walked inside his room.

____________________________________________________________________

I’m so sorry for not updating; do I have a good excuse? Yes I do but I don’t think you want to hear it as it is the same reason ^___^;;

Damn you school!