Chapter 17

His Girl

Daehyun looked down at the time on his watch and sighed. “What’s taking them so long? Don’t they know I’m a busy person?” he asked his secretary who came with him to the interview that he was supposed to have 15 minutes ago.

Reasons for his interview was because people wanted to know how he was able to make his company so successful at his age and also probably wanting to know if he is seeing anyone at the moment.

“I’ve been told by the front desk that they are here” his secretary told him. A minute later a film crew rushed in Daehyun’s office and bowed apologetically for being late.

“Were really sorry about the time that we came in, we had some trouble” the producer told him.

“Trouble? What kind of trouble?” Daehyun asked.

“Sadly the person who was supposed to interview you felt ill and was unable to come in today so we got—“he turned to point at someone “Oh, where did she go?”

A girl ran inside the office bumping into one of the camera men. “I’m here!” she said while trying to catch her breath. “I lost you guys and was trying to find my way here” she told them, still trying to catch her breath. Daehyun frowned at her, not in a bad way but like he was trying to figure out something. He was waiting for her to stand up straight at push her hair back so he could look at her properly.

As she was about to do that someone stood in front of her and asked her if she was okay.

“Mr Jung, are you ready?” The PD asked.

“Um yeah sure.” Daehyun decided to let it go and sat on the couch that was in his office. He watched the stylist fixing the girl’s messy hair and makeup. Daehyun was feeling weird, like he forgot something all of a sudden. He’s pretty sure that he doesn’t have anything important to do later on, this was his last thing on his schedule for today. So what was he forgetting?

“Sorry for keeping you waiting Mr Jung”

Daehyun looked up at the girl.

 

An hour ago.

Struggling with 3 bags of coffees, Riley tries to open the door to the broadcast studio. She ran upstairs as the lifts were all full and got to the busy office with sweat all over her face. “I got your coffees.” She told them. No one seemed to be paying attention to her so she just placed them on the table.

“PD-nim!” One of the camera men walked in, in a rush. “Nara-shi isn’t able to make it to the interview, I heard that she got ill and was sent to the hospital!” He told him.

“What! Out of all time to be ill and it’s now! Someone look for someone who is able to do it at this time! I think Haemi isn’t busy right now” The PD told everyone.

“Everyone is busy at this time, I don’t think we will be able to get someone.” One of the writer told him. The PD sighed and tried to think of something when his eyes caught Riley placing the coffee on the table. “You!”

Riley turned to him and pointed at herself “Me?”

“Yes you. How long have you been working here again?” he asked her.

“PD-nim! How can you not know that? I’ve been in your team for a year and a half now.” She told him. All they made her do was run errands. She was hoping that one day she would be recognised by them and will be able to do more than just get coffee for them.

“Ah sorry, sorry. But because I’m desperate right now I’m going to do something I thought I would never do. You will interview Mr Jung.” He told her. Everyone stood still and looked at the PD like he was out of his mind. Reason why Riley did errands was because she just didn’t have any proper experience.

“Me?”

“Ya! We can find someone if we—“

“We can’t wait. Do you not know how hard it was to get an interview with him?!” He said, cutting off one of the writers. “You, go get changed quickly” and with that Riley got dragged by the stylist to go and get ready.

While they were on their way to the office Riley couldn’t believe that something like this was actually happening to her, luck just seemed to be on her side today. She skimmed through documents the writer gave her about Mr Jung. For some reason she felt like she was missing something out while reading it.

When they reached the building everyone ran out and headed straight for the elevator. Riley tried to catch up but the heals she was wearing were a huge disadvantage which caused her to get lost and ask for direction to the office.

Riley rand inside the office bumping into one of the camera men. “I’m here!” she yelled while trying to catch her breath. “I lost you guys and was trying to find my way here” she told them. The stylist ran towards her and quickly fixed herself. While they were doing so she heard the PD talking to the Mr Jung. He sounds young she thought.

After they were doing fixing her up she turned to him “Sorry for keeping you waiting Mr Jung”