Chapter 14

His Girl

 

“This is really selfish of you” Luna shouted and suddenly stood up making her chair fall backwards. Everyone in the classroom looked over wondering what the commotion was about. Riley sighed and tried to calm her friend down.

The next day Riley decided to tell Luna everything, it would be too hard to keep such thing a secret from her. Luna glared and Riley and told her to follow her. Riley followed her out the class room towards the stair case.

“Are you seriously thinking of leaving?” Luna asked, still not believing her.

Riley nodded.

“You’re and actual idiot”

“I know.”

“Leaving because of two guys? Again you’re an idiot”

“I know”

“And leaving me, your best friend! Again, idiot!”

“I know”

Luna sighed, and looked at her “Riley please don’t leave.” Luna begged. Her eyes was starting to get watery but she was trying hard to keep it in. She didn’t want her best friend to leave. Besides her boyfriend Riley was the only person that Luna could lean on to and having her leave just upsets her.

Riley hugged Luna when she saw her teary eyes, “It’s not like I'm not coming back. Because I will, when everything is sorted” she told her. Riley’s emotions were getting to her when she heard Luna sobbing.

“Promise you’ll come back?”

“I promise”

 

Riley was pacing near the cafe with her resignation letter in her hands. She was leaving tomorrow and Luna wanted to spend every last minute with her that she decided to follow her. “Just go in there and explain it to Himchan” Luna instructed like it was easy.

“Is Daehyun in there?” Riley asked

Luna sighed and went to look inside the cafe through the window. “Nope, he’s not there” she told her. Riley nodded and walked inside the cafe. Himchan looked up when he heard the bell ring.

“Riley” he smiled at her and walked towards her. “Are you okay?” he asked her.

“Yeah I'm fine. I’m sorry for not coming in for a while” she apologizes.

Himchan shook his head “No need for that, I completely understand. But it seems like your okay and can start again, right?”

Riley looked down “I don’t think that will work”

Himchan frowned at her words “What do you mean?”

Riley didn’t say anything and gave him the envelope. He opened it and took the letter out and started reading it. He didn’t even finish it to know where this was going. “You’re quitting” he told her.

Riley nodded. Himchan had no choice but to let her go, it’s not like he could force her to stay. That would be horrible for him to do that. Riley felt uncomfortable and he will respect her decisions. “Fine, I’ll give you your last pay check”

“No need Himchan, really I’m fine. Umm here’s the uniform” Riley took out her uniform and hand it over to him. “I washed and ironed it and everything so you don’t have to worry about anything” Riley said with a smile on her face.

Himchan chuckled and gave her a hug. “Why does it feel like I won’t see you after you leave? We still get to hang out right?” he asked.

“I...umm”

“You’re leaving?” Both Himchan and Riley looked behind them to see Daehyun walking out of the kitchen. Riley looked down, avoiding Daehyun’s eyes that were on her.

“I think I should leave” she told them, she turned towards the door but got stopped by Daehyun. “Wait; don’t go just because of me and Yongguk. You can still work here and I’ll just leave, huh? Wouldn’t that be easy?” he asked.

Luna walked inside the cafe and looked at Daehyun then to Riley.

“Come on Riley, we have to go” She told her. Riley nodded and got out of Daehyun’s grip before walking out the cafe.

“I thought you said he wasn’t there!” Riley hissed while hurrying off with Luna.

“Well I’m sorry for not having x-ray vision! How was I supposed to know he would be in the kitchen” Luna hissed back. After a while they were far away from the cafe. “Look I’m going home and pack my stuff and come round yours okay”

“Can I not just come with you?” Luna asked. Luna never knew where Riley lived.

“Umm I rather not” Riley replied.

“Oh come on Riley! Your moving anyways, at least let me see your house for once. Actually I’m going to follow you”

Riley sighed, Luna was stubborn just like her and she knew she would follow her so she had no choice but let her. “Fine let’s go”

 

“The rooftop?” Luna asked while watching Riley unlocks the door. Luna followed her inside and took her shoes off before sitting on the floor.

“Well what did you expect? You can sit on the bed you know” she told her while putting her remaining stuff in a cardboard box. Luna shook her head and told her she would help her pack. Luna came across a picture of her mother and smiled “Hello eomeoni, it’s been a while since we last saw each other, I hope you’re doing well”

Riley smiled when she heard Luna talking to her mother. After a few hours they were done packing and headed out to Luna’s house. Luna insisted that they stayed at Riley’s instead but she convinced her not to. Riley didn’t want Luna to get cold as the heating is turned off at 10. Riley was used to it but she doesn’t think Luna would be able to, she gets sick easily.

“Are you going to tell them that you’re leaving or...” Luna didn’t finish her sentence when she saw me shake my head while munching on a chocolate chip cookie. Luna didn’t want to say anything about it but couldn’t help but continue “they need to know Riley. I mean they will find out sooner or later” she told her.

“Hope it’s later” Riley mumbled.

“Ya!” Luna shouted causing Riley to jump a little.

“What?”

“GO AND TELL THEM!”

Riley sighed and sat up “I’ll tell them tomorrow okay? Is that any better?” Riley asked.

“The that your leaving?”

“Yes the day that I’m leaving. Now can we go back to watching the movie” she asked as she lies on the bed, but Luna ignored her “What about Amber and Vic unnie, did you tell them?” she asked. Riley nodded while having her eyes glued on the TV.

“You told the before me?” Luna felt betrayed that she’s telling her last. Riley once again shook her head “I texted them while we were walking to the cafe. Amber unnie is going to see me off tomorrow and I’ll meet Victoria unnie at Busan” she told her.

“Why is she going to Busan?”

“She’s staying there for a few months because of the course she’s doing in her university” Riley explained. Luna thought about it for a bit and realised that she wouldn’t see another friend of hers “Victoria!” Luna wailed. Riley just rolled her eyes at her friend’s behaviour and continued watching the TV.

Sadly Riley wasn’t really paying any attention to the movie that was playing. She still couldn’t believe she was going to leave tomorrow. Yes she was going to come back but that would depend really. She was planning on maybe come back after graduating at her new school and go to a university in Seoul, but what if she still didn’t want to come back? Riley mentally sighed and told herself that it wasn’t time for her to think about it now; she still had a lot of time left.

 

“Is that it?” Amber asked when she saw the movers put in the last box in their van. Riley nodded and looked at her and Luna with a sigh. “I guess this is goodbye” she told her with a sad smile.

“What do you mean goodbye? We’re still going to see each other Riley. If Vic is able to come back and forth from Busan to here, so can you” She said with a smile before giving Riley one of her bear hug. Riley turned towards Luna when they separated from the hug but she was glaring at her. “What?” she asked.

“Did you tell them?” Luna asked.

Riley was hoping she would forget, but knowing her friend it was defiantly not going to happen. Riley took her phone out and sighed. She sends her text to the 6 boys and turned her phone off. She was planning on buying a new sim card. How was she going to move on if they would be sending her thousand of messages?

“Done.” She said.

Luna smiled and ran to give her friend a hug, Amber soon wanted another one and they ended up in a group hug. “I’m going to miss having you guys round me, don’t do anything stupid while I’m going okay?” Riley asked.

“You heard her, right Luna. No messing around,” Amber warned, receiving a glare from Luna.

“I’ll call you guy’s when I arrive okay?” Riley walked towards the taxi that was waiting for her and waved one last time to her friends before getting in and heading towards the airport.