NINE

ONLY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I awake when the sunlight shines bright on my eyes. I open my eyes and saw Taemin no longer sleeping by my side anymore. I think he already awake and left for his scheduled. Slowly I get up because my wound started to feel pain even though a small movement. I wash my face and go out.

The house sound so empty and no one is around. I go to the kitchen and saw a simple breakfast on the table. No note and nothing on the table. So I make myself a cup of fresh coffee. Taking my time to eat and this is the first time for me to be alone at home since what happen that night at the pool.

I never thought that I could miss the noisy and someone around me. Funny how someone could changes over the time, I always thought I couldn’t stand a stranger in my house but now I even could sleep at stranger house. I already familiar with Junyoung’s house and it felt like my own house now too. I could find his house even though I close my eyes. Seeing Junyoung and Taehyung is not strange anymore even though they used their pajamas or comfortable clothes like short pants and T-shirt. Now I sitting here alone and miss them already.

“Good afternoon.....” I’m so surprise to hear Junyoung’s voice from behind me so I stand up immediately.

“Opps...sorry.” Junyoung apologize immediately and walk to me. Because I move so fast my wound feels so pain make me wince.

“Mian....Mian.... Are you ok?” Junyoung asked.

“I’m not ok.....” I said through my clench teeth. I take a deep breath to calm my fast beating heart and let the pain to subside a little. Junyoung go to kitchen and open one of the drawers.

“Take this.....” He said and put the pills on my palm. It’s pain killer. I shallow it together with water. He helps me to sit down and then he sit in front of me. Only then I saw him properly. He wears a black sleeveless shirt and sweating.

“What you do until you sweating like that?” I asked out of curiosity.

“I do some exercise....”

“Outside?”

“Yes....”

“Where are Taemin and Taehyung?”

“Taemin have some work to do and Taehyung go the office.... You look better today.” He said.

“Wae? Last night I look terrible?”

“Not really..... I’m just happy to see you’re fine.” Junyoung said makes me looks into his eyes. All I could see is guilt and hurt. Then he looks up as he could feel my eyes on him. His lips twitch up a bit form a little smile. There is nothing I could say to make him feel better except gave him a little smile too.

The whole day I’m doing nothing except eat and eat again while watching TV. Junyoung doing his own work until Taehyung coming from station then they swap their position to stay home. I feel like they babysitting me. There is no text or phone call from Taemin at all. I guess he do not curious about me or he been too busy to call me. Staying home or being lazy is not my cup of teas so I call Ms. Kang that late afternoon.

I asked her to send some of my work home and arrange a few meeting. I still couldn’t move a lot but I can’t stay without doing nothings.

“There is important meeting that you need to attend. I tried my best to reschedule but Chairman Lee seem can’t wait.....”

“Then arrange that meeting for tomorrow lunch....”

“Ok.” Ms. Kang can handle a lot of my work and I’ve been rely on her a lot since I take this seat. I’m thankful for her but sorry at the same time. Her personal time is very limited and difficult for her to take vacation too. Maybe because we spend most time together there is time when word is no needed between us. She also knows about me and Taemin.

The next day.......

I take a warm shower and get ready to go out. I wear something formal like a white dress and I match it with brown blazer. I also choose my black heels and match it with my black purse. Like Taemin said I have my own dress code for war and this is one of them. I don’t know why Chairman Lee so eager to meet me but I need to meet him too. Maybe this sound a bit harsh for Junyoung but it’s true. I need Chairman Lee to stay on my side so I could win war of nerve at my own company. I need his connection too.

“Where are you going wearing something like that?” Taemin asked me. I’m a bit surprise to see him this morning. I think he come home very late last night since I don’t even meet him. He seating at the dining table with Junyoung and Taehyung.

“I have very important meeting now.” I explain make 3 of them so surprise.

“Wae??” Taemin is the first person to ask.

“You still can’t move a lot, your wound still need time to heal.” This time Junyoung voice his disagree.

“I just have this lunch meeting only then I will come home.”

“Then I will come with you.” Taehyung said.

“It’s ok. Ms. Kang already waits for me at outside.” I said.

“Take care and make sure your phone always with you and call me if you need me.” Junyoung said right before Taemin could open his mouth. I wait for him to speak out after Junyoung finished but he stay silent.

“Ok.” I said after still no words from him.

Lately I saw there is changing in Taemin but I couldn’t see what. He speaks less and seems so careful with his words. I wonder what is he trying to tell me makes him keep changing his mind. Before I close the front door I still looking at him giving him a chance so he could tell me something but he’s just smile at me, a fake smile. Why he keeps giving his fake smile?

My mind keep wondering on Taemin until I don’t aware that I’m arrive at the restaurant. I clear my mind with take a deep breath. I put aside and worry about Taemin later. I need to make this meeting successful. I open the sliding wood door and saw Chairman Lee already sit down waiting for me.

“Oh, you’re here..... Have a seat.” He said while smiling at me. I bow formally at him and take a seat in front of him. I try to act as usual and act like I don’t feel any pain. Slightest movement at my abdomen make me feel pain and uncomfortable.

“Sorry for let you’d waiting for me.” I said with a smile. I hope he don’t see my uncomfortable and fake smile.

“It’s ok, I just arrived too.” He said. There is no sincere in his voice but I just bury it away.

Chairman Lee pours me a cup of tea and offers me to drink. I pick the tea cup and drink it a bit. I look at him and try to figure him out. Even though he is my father’s friend but still I don’t know him very well. Chairman Lee and Junyoung shared the same smile. Both of them have the same vibe, comfortable and friendly. He asked me normal question while let the waitress set the table for us and bring the food in. Just like how we used to entertain our customer or meeting over lunch, the food is always luxury and generous. Then suddenly the door open again and this time to my surprise, I saw Junyoung enter the room in his formal suit.

Both of us surprise to see each other. See him here make me think something is going to happen soon. I hope I will do well. Today lunch is going to be a timer bomb. The second Junyoung sit down next to me, the atmosphere change drastically. There is no more comfortable and every cell in my body is on high alert. I saw Junyoung body also awkwardly stiff. I could see their relationship is not in good term.

“Let’s eat.....” Chairman Lee said. He leads us. I couldn’t eat comfortably but I try to enjoy the food. I keep glance at Junyoung and saw that he enjoy it without showing that he force it. He really eats well and deliciously.

“So, when are you coming back?” Chairman Lee asked Junyoung.

“I won’t come.”

“Then why you announce your relationship? Are you two really in love?” Chairman Lee asked again. He looked at Junyoung first then to me.

I put down my chopstick but still in my poker face. I don’t know where this conversation could lead us but I don’t want their relationship go to worst. I don’t know why but I feel responsible too. Junyoung put his chop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter