THREE

ONLY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I park my car in front of my gate. I grab my bag and the packet in the white plastic caught my eyes. I remember back to my first date with Junyoung. Well it’s not a real date but feel like a date to me. It just an act but it feels real to me. Junyoung don’t talk harsh or irritated me today. He’s so different than his usual self. He seem nice and warm person too when he smile a lot. I like Lee Junyoung more than Detective Lee. They are the same person but I wish Junyoung smile more like today.

I heard someone knock on my window and make me jump. I turn to see who is it? To my relieve it was Taemin.

“What are you doing?” He asked. I open the door but still sitting down. Lucky my car is tall so I don’t need to look up at him. He stands by my side and I smile at him. He’s wearing a black sweater hoody and matched it with ripped blue jeans. He pushed his cap a bit high so he could show his face to me. Normally he will put it down to cover his bare face from fans or reporter. I lean my head on the seat while still looking at him.

“Are you drunk?” He asked again seem worried. I smile at him again while shaking my head slowly.

“No, just tired.” I said. Walking around the whole afternoon really drain my energy. I never walked for so long. I guess I used to sit down the whole day staring at the computer and do my work on desk.

“You eat already?” Taemin asked and I saw him smile a little. Saw him in front of me already enough to charge my energy. I glad he comes tonight.

“I’m still full but l has something.... Let’s go and eat it.” I said and carry the white plastic bag with me. I open the gate with the keys and Taemin follow me inside. I put my bag on the sofa and go to the kitchen.

“You want hot or cold drink?” I asked him.

“Hot please.” Taemin answer and sit down on the dining table. I make coffee for both of us and carry 2 plates with me. I open the packet of fried chicken for him.

“You go to this place?” Taemin asked when he saw the packet.

“You know this place?”

“My manager always buys fried chicken from this place too. It’s delicious. You go here?”

“Yes with Junyoung.”

“Junyoung?”

“Lee Junyoung.”

“Who?” Taemin asked again. I forget that Taemin don’t know Junyoung real name.

“Detective Lee, we had our first date today.” I said nonchalantly.

“You what? Date with him?”

“Yes.”

“And he not even sends you home?”

“I drive my car so I don’t need him to send me home.”

“Yah... If he a true man that have manner, he will send you home even though you drive your own car. He can drive you home and take taxi back.”

“It’s not necessary to do that. I could go home safe and sound by myself. Plus I don’t like to bother him.”

“But still....”

“Just eat.....” I said and shove the chicken in his mouth so he could stop arguing with me. I can understand why Taemin think this way. Because he would do this if he goes out for a date with someone. I think it been a long time he not going for a date since he broke up last time.

“Speaking of which.... It’s been a long time you’re not date anyone now.” I said which make Taemin look at me with his surprise looks. His became round and big when he’s surprise. He coughed a bit too. I'm just giggled when I saw this looks on him. He look cute and adorable at the same time just like a little child.

“I don’t have time for that now.”

“Wae? No one looks pretty to you now?” I asked make Taemin scoff at me. Taemin couldn't have long relationship because of his work and his lifestyle. I can understand that because our lifestyle almost the same. People around us said we married with our work. For Taemin he need a lot of time to practice and going overseas for show too. He have very little time for his own personal life. As for me, meeting and work outstation is a must.

“Just....” He answered and eats his chicken but I know he just don't bother.

“Do you want me to introduce you to my friends?”

“Your friend is my friend too....”

“Well that’s true but I know some of chaebol daughter too if you want.” I said but Taemin just shake his head.

“The chaebol daughter that I know is enough for me.....” He said and look at me. He just talk about me.

“Me? Wae? Am I that difficult?” I asked because i don't understand what he meant.

“You don’t know how difficult person you are? You can’t eat much if not you will have stomach-ache. You’re picky about where you sleep.” Taemin said make me giggles. It’s true. I don’t sleepover on my friend house because I can’t sleep on the same bed with other and I don’t like if their pillow have smell. I think everyone have their own preference.

“But I’m not that sensitive, you know?”

“I know. I just don’t have time for that now.” Taemin said and continue eating. I just stop talking about the dating thing and change the topic instead because Taemin already gave me the LOOK. 

After eating the chicken, we both sit down watching movie. I go to my room to change my clothes and have a quick shower too. I go out wearing my pajamas and saw Taemin already fall asleep on the sofa. I guess he must be very tired. I go to my room again to grab blanket for him and put the blanket on him slowly so I won't wake him up then I off the light and TV for him so he could rest properly.

I go to the kitchen and stand leaning on the kitchen cabinet while looking out from the big window and warm coffee mug in my hands. I like to drink warm coffee while looking out to the backyard. The trees sway a little because of the wind. It’s calming my mind when I watching the street light shining on my backyard.

“Ji A-ah.....” I turn to look at my side. In split second my mother face overlaps with Taemin’s. How I miss her so much.

“Ta....Taemin-ah wae?” I asked. My voice stuck a little but I keep my poker face. I did feel disappointed when I saw Taemin face instead. I wish it was her but reality is hurt. How could she come back to me?

“You’re not sleeping yet?” Taemin asked and stand next to me.

“Later.... You? Why did you awake?”

“I feel thirsty.”

“You want coffee?”

“Sure.” I turn around and pour some into coffee cup for him.

“What a pretty view....” Taemin said and I gave him his coffee.

“My favourite view.....” I said. We both stand side by side like that for a while without saying anything. Sometime word is not necessary between us. We still can understand each other even though in silent. 

“Your old house also likes this, right?” Taemin asked break the silent between us.

“Hmmmm.... It has the same feeling....” I said. My old house I’d sold it because the memory there too painful for me to bear. Every corner that house fills with their faces and memories. I feel alone and lonely. Comeback to the empty house make me feel sad that’s why I moved to different neighbourhood.

“Do you still blame yourself?” Taemin asked again.

“Not as much as before.....” I said in jokes but Taemin don’t even laugh or smile. The air between us changes into heavy. I don’t like to talks about my parent even to Taemin because it feel like they open my wound back.

“You’re doing fine now.” He comfort me once again and I really thankful for his warm words. I smile then I look at him.

“I know. Are you sleepover?” I said and try to change the topic.

“Yes. Detective Kim and Lee won’t come tonight and we couldn’t leave you alone.........” Suddenly we heard something is broken upstairs. Taemin and I both look at each other.

“Stay here.” Taemin said and he go to the stair but I won’t leave him go alone.

“What are you doing?” Taemin asked when I don’t follow his order.

“I’m coming too.” I said and we both go to check it out. Taemin open the door to each room but there is no sign of something is breaks. I go to the end of the corridor and saw the glass glittering on the floor. I look at Taemin then I walk forward but Taemin hold my hand.

“I’ll check it.” He said and walk toward the broken glass. I saw Taemin push some of the broken

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter