CHAPTER 1

Till I met YOU~[HIATUS]

 

LA

9:00 AM

Miyoung’s POV

 

‘This is total disaster. How can they do this to me? What do they mean…?’

 

“Miyoung, are you listening to me?” Mr. Andrew said. I was startled by the slam of his enormous book in front of my table. He pulled his glasses up his nose and looked at me straight but unfortunately for him the bell rang, "SAVED!"

 

“Hey, what happened to you back there?” I got out of the classroom for the next schedule when Henry began following me. There’s no such time for explanation because I’m more worried about going back and study. My mom just doesn’t understand that it’s not a good idea to send her own daughter somewhere in military camp. I know it’s a little exaggerated but when I think or say about Korea it feels like a step for me to get away from them. My dad would just nod in agreeing to mom’s suggestion in front of the laptop while actually working on some data and both of them would call it ‘off work time’, really? They’re just ruining my life, UGH!

 

Everything was fast forwarded from classes to classes and straight to the mall with some friends. ‘I’m more used to be here in LA rather than in Korea. It’s not that I don’t want to go, it’s just that people in here are more free types of people.’

 

“Miyoung! Your mind is a little occupied right now, so we’ll just head straight home. See ya!” I waved them goodbye. They are good friends of mine but sometimes they would just give me the feeling that they hang around with me because I’m the daughter of a famous fashion designer who’s friends with Luis Vuitton, Mark and Spencer, Victoria’s Secret and all those sickening materials. I have to admit my mom is cool but she’s kind of materialistic so I would advise her to get some of those heartwarming therapies.

I, too also went straight home and to my surprise a letter is in the living room’s coffee table and I barely enter it.

 

Dear Miyoung,

 

                I’ve arranged a scheduled flight for you to go to Korea as soon as possible as you already know: Meet you in an hour. You can bring you personal things only like…oh you already know that and I also fixed a bank account transferring some money to Korea. We’ll just send you some things or you can just buy them in those fancy apartments. Oh, I forgot, you’re not going to buy a new apartment anymore because your grandfather just contacted me after a long time and he wants you to stay with him. Since I’m busy today this’ll be all I’ve got to write you.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                Love you,

                                                                                                                                                                                   Mom.

 

                           P. S.

 

                Ooohhh, I still know how to write Hangul. MWAH♥♥

 

LA Airport

6:00 PM

 

I sighed while I was stepping heavily and I noticed that no one will ever say “I’ll miss you”. It’s not an easy job to be the maknae since my 2 brothers left to be somewhere else now it’s time for my parents to send me off too. An hour has passed and it was about time for my flight to take off, my mom was only there to watch me and make sure I leave the country. ‘I’ll just keep my hopes up that this’ll be a new step to whatever.’ I slipped the sleeping mask and drift of to nothing.