Chapter 8

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seongwoo hadn’t been able to tell me the story about the Nephilim he lost because Daniel had returned. He had sensed him in the building and went out my window before Daniel had entered my room. Relief washed over every inch of me. He was in one piece. Were my two angels ever going to be able to be in the same room without wanting to tear his other wings off? I had been curious to learn more about Seongwoo’s past. The only things I knew of it were from Daniel’s tales from before his exile and fall. He said he had never spoken about her not because he didn't want to, but because he had no one to speak to. I had to remind me that he always had me, no matter how weird things seemed between us.

Somi was nowhere to be found, Daniel had informed, but the coven was still out searching. Apparently Sejeong could not believe that the girl she once knew was capable of such a thing. He pulled me into him and kissed the top of my head, “I’m so sorry”. “It’s not your fault your ex is a psycho”, I said, taking in the scent of him. He smelled of the forest and I realized he must have gone there after her house was empty, hoping to find something. “It’s my fault she did this to you”, he held onto me as if he never wanted to let go again. “You can’t blame yourself for all her actions, like you blame yourself for her fall. She’s a big girl Daniel. She knows what she’s doing. She has her own choices and she keeps making the wrong ones”.

He nodded slowly. “How come I didn’t hear your bike pulling up outside?”, I asked and he looked guilty now. They had both ridden off together on his bike since it was faster than Joongki's car. Daniel remained silent and a terrifying feeling crept to me. I broke away from him, “No, you didn’t… tell me you didn’t”. He tried to reach for me, but I moved further away, leaving his hands hanging in midair until he slid them into his front pockets, “I needed to be faster than a bike”. I could not comprehend what I was hearing because I knew he was not that stupid.

“But I saw you leave Joongki’s house on your bike!”, my heart pounded against the chest that still bared his mark from the night before. "Because I knew you would never let me leave with my wings”, he stated, “I left him with the bike a few houses away a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter