Chapter 7

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll kill the !”, Ash swore loudly, “I’ll grab her by her fake extensions and bang her empty head against a shard of poisoned glass”. “Wow… that is very descriptive”, Lala added, “How are you processing this Tris?”. “That’s her real hair”, I said blankly. It turned out Joongki knew where the chocolate had come from after all. He had gone to the park to pick Woojin up. Woojin had been there with Somi, who often baby sat for them. She had given him a bag of chocolates and asked Woojin to give that particular one to me.

“Tris… she poisoned you and that poor child”, Ash was beyond agitated, “Why are you so calm right now?”. “Because he’s with her”, my voice cracked. I was not calm, I was worried. I was anxious, “He’s with her and not safe with me”. “You know why he had to go”, Lala said, “There was no way he was going to let anyone else lead the charge against her after what she did to you and Woojin. He and Joongki had to confront her”. “He’s only trying to protect you”, Ash said in a calmer tone. “Exactly… he’s always so busy trying to protect me that he forgets to protect himself”. “I’m sure once they find her and hand her over to the covens, he will come straight home”, “Lala gave a reassuring smile. I knew they were right, but all I could think of was my recurring nightmares about Daniel’s death.

Once we had realized the truth of the matter, he and Joongki took off to find her, along with Jaehwan’s coven for back up. Seongwoo brought me back to the dormitory. He was waiting in my room, while I filled the girls in on everything. I hated not being able to go after Somi myself and I hated even more that Daniel had. Everyone thought it was too dangerous for me. IPU was a drug that The Fallen used, and the fact that she had any in her possession meant that she might be one of them. Maybe it didn’t make any sense for her to be a part of a group that wanted revenge on Heaven for banishing them, when she had chosen to fall for Daniel. But she did have a motive to help them get rid of me and that was so she could get him back.

I went back to my room. Seongwoo was standing by the window, looking outside. He knew exactly how unpleased I was by the situation.  “She’s a fallen angel… she can do much worse to you than a bit of poisoned chocolate. I understand why Danny doesn’t want you around her”. I scoffed, “Will you choose a side and stick to it? Either you like the boy or you don’t”. My harshness was uncalled for. But there had been so much tension between us lately. It was like he was always upset with me or he never wanted to be around me even though he never wanted to leave my side.

“My feelings towards him have nothing to do with hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter