Chapter 3

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You were amazing today”, I said to Daniel when we were back in my room, "Thank you". He locked his hands around my waist and kissed me. I had been craving that all day long. “I like your family”, he said. “Yeah, well Jihoon’s sisters like you a bit too much”, I rolled my eyes. “Are you jealous?”, he raised an eyebrow. “Why should I be? Unless you’re into older women… oh wait, you’re older than everyone on earth”, I teased. Daniel chuckled, “It’s good to see you in this mood”. The party had actually helped me to unwind from all the craziness going on in my life. It felt nice to just pretend to be normal for a day. Daniel handed a gift box to me. “You didn’t have to get me a gift!”. It was a locket, engraved with the Letter ‘D’. “This one is just a necklace”, he said, half embarrassed.

The last necklace he had gotten me had a tracker installed by Joongki, which helped Daniel and the others find us; when we were taken by The Fallen. I had taken it off that night since it was stained with blood and sweat. I had planned on cleaning it up before I wore it again, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it just yet. “Thank you”, I turned around so he could put it on. “There aren’t any pictures inside. I wanted you to fill it with the ones that make you the happiest”, he said those words as if he wasn’t sure if his picture belonged in there anymore. “Then you should have filled it with all of those selfies you have been trying to take”, I said. Daniel smiled and kissed my cheek, “I love you”. Those 3 words meant so much coming from him. “I love you too”, I wanted to say I love you more, but he never let me win that argument.

~~~~~~~

Daniel was in the shower when I heard the familiar sound of stones against my window; Seongwoo. I went out onto my balcony and he flew up. “Happy Birthday”, he hugged me tight, “Sorry for the lateness, but… well”. “Thank you”, he didn’t need to explain why he had stayed away the whole day. “Did you manage to have a good day?”, he asked. “Yeah”, I said, “Surprisingly. It was a good break from the angels”. His face turned glum. “The Fallen angels”, I added, “Not the covens”. He smiled. That dashing smile that I missed so much. He rarely did that anymore. He had become serious after the whole hostage situation, feeling guilty that he let it happen in the first place.

“Tris, I don’t know when it’s going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter