Chapter 17

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you warm now?”, Daniel asked. We were lying in bed together after what had just happened. I pulled the covers over me but didn’t say anything. I needed to calm down my anger before I could. It was like a never ending cycle with him. I beg him not to do anything to change the color of his wings and he goes right ahead and does it anyway. “Please talk to me”. I looked away from him and saw the box of little rocks Seongwoo left by the entrance of my bedroom. Such a simple box caused so many problems.

“Tris, I’m sorry”, Daniel said, “But what was I supposed to do when he attacked me first?”. “Nothing. That’s what you’re supposed to do. I would have stopped him. The guys would have stopped him like they did. Or maybe he would have stopped on his own”, I let out a big sigh, “You know that when you fight, you’re going to get hurt and your body is going to heal itself. How many feathers did it take to close up all those wounds huh? Was it worth beating the crap out of him over?”.

“Why are you taking his side?”, Daniel’s asked sadly, “It’s not like he didn’t know what would happen to me whenever I healed now”. I got out of bed and sat down at my bay window, “I am not taking his side… you think I’m not angry at him as well? He flew away before I got the chance to yell at him too”. He walked over to me and knelt down. I put my hand on his, “I’m sorry”. He was surprised by my apology after all my arguing. “I know you don’t like talking about what happened before the fall… I shouldn’t have forced the two of you to discuss things I don’t understand”.

He sat next to me. He looked emotionally exhausted, “I was so upset with Seong for the longest time that I needed to say those things. I needed him to know how I felt. I also needed you to know that I’m not this way with him just because of you. Do I get jealous? Yes, off course I do. How do you think it makes me feel knowing that some other guy is better suited to protecting my girl than I am?”. “But it’s his job to protect me”, I said, “You shouldn’t feel bad that you can’t do that. I never needed you to be my guardian an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter