Chapter 20

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you miss me?”, a voice asked, from a distance, as I slowly opened my eyes. This was it! This was my vision. It had finally come true. I was in a dark room just like the dream; the only light coming in was from a doorway, where the voice was standing. I already knew who that voice belonged to now. It was JR. And I knew exactly where I was. It was the same lair as before, the abandoned warehouse. My hands and legs were not tied up, but I was too weak to stand. Seongwoo must have injected me with I.P.U. But why would he be working with JR? Unless… oh no… oh no no no… how could I have been so stupid! It was never Seongwoo. It was JR all along. He used the gift of transformation and I fell for it. I should have known that he wasn’t even on Earth. And it was so unlike him to use the front door. All the signs were there screaming at me, but I was so happy to see him again; that I ignored all of it.

“Please… please just let me go”, I pleaded like I did in my vision. “I can’t do that”, he said, “It took me too long to get to this point. Finally I can set my plan in motion”. He moved closer to me as I shielded my eyes from the light. The light shone so brightly behind him, but I could make out his face this time. “I have been waiting a long time for this Tris and I can’t have you ruining my plan. So how about you behave and not try anything silly”, the door shut and he approached me. He knelt down beside me. I tried to stand up or move away from him, but it was pointless. “Do you think having me in your life was simply coincidence?”, he asked, “Meeting you in the gift shop that day was all a part of the greater plan”.

“You won’t get away with it”, I said, “Everyone already knows who you are”. “I know… including Daniel which is perfect! So how about we wait for your angel to show up before we proceed?”. I knew now that he meant Daniel and not Seongwoo because Daniel had been the one to show up in the vision. “What do you want with him? Just leave him alone”, my body was shaking from the cold of the cement floor. “But there is no po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter