Chapter 4

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you looking for?”, Sejeong was still sprawled across my bed after I got ready, fascinated as ever by her cell phone. “My necklace”, I picked up a stack of Daniel’s manga from my table, hoping to find it hiding beneath. It was one of the many stacks lying around my bedroom. “I normally leave it on the dresser, but it isn’t here now, where on earth is it?”. “Well earth is huge, so the options are limitless”, she joked, “Why do you have so much stuff anyway and so much sweets”. She held up a packet of the jelly candy Daniel lived on. If he could eat nothing else but that, he would be the happiest guy ever. Off course his jelly didn’t stop him from finishing all the food in the dorm. He ate more than the 3 of us combined. Luckily he had the good sense to stock up our cupboards every time, especially with the treats we all liked. Because he knew all too well now what happens when a girl is pms’ing and he’s eaten the last chocolate brownie.

Since he had been spending his nights here, most of his stuff was here. I liked that his stuff was at my place just like how some of my stuff was at his place. “It’s all Daniel’s”, I explained, searching through my jewelry box. “What’s that like?”, she asked, “Getting to spend your nights with the guy you love, falling asleep next to him and waking up next to him or not sleeping at all”. She smirked but I could see the sadness hidden behind that. My heart ached for her. Why did Jaehwan have to be so stubborn? Why couldn’t he just be with her? Why did heaven have to have so many rules?

“Oh I had the not sleeping thing down”, I sat down at the edge of the bed, “At the start, it was impossible to get any sleep when I was in bed with him”. “Really”, she bit down on her lip, anxious for more details. “Yeah his teeth grinding used to keep me up all night long”, I winked and ducked as a copy of manga was flung towards me. She rolled her eyes, “And here I was expecting to live vicariously through your life”. “So… you and Ong haven’t…”, I trailed off. She shook her head, “We can… if we really want to but I guess we don’t really want to”. “But you’ll have to right, in the future I mean?”. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter