Chapter 12

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m sorry”, I said for the 3rd time, “I don’t know how I did that… I don’t”. My body was shaking with terror. “It’s okay… calm down my love… it’s okay”, Daniel urged. We had fallen asleep and after some time, I felt my hand slip from the bed. Suddenly there was a loud bang that woke us up. His mirror had been shattered to pieces. There was no one else in the room but it didn't matter because I knew I had done it somehow… I didn’t know how, but i knew it happened the moment my hand moved. There were knocks at Daniel’s front door, urgent knocks. He grabbed a robe and put it around my self and threw on some shorts. A moment later, he returned with Seongwoo. “What is going on?”, he asked, “I heard an… well an explosion. It’s 3 am, it didn't seem normal”.

I sat on the bed, staring at the pieces of mirror on the floor. “It just happened”, Daniel said, “I guess it happened in her sleep”. “The gift of ruin”, Seongwoo stated as if this was perfectly normal, “That’s rare, really rare. I don’t know many angels with that ability and well you off course”. “What is the gift of ruin?”, I asked, coming back to my senses. They both stared at me as if they had forgotten I was there. “Well basically, you can blow stuff up”, Seongwoo explained, “Your next power appears to have arrived”. “She has to learn how to control it, before it gets too much for her to handle”, Daniel added, “I know what that can be like”. “I remember you blowing up a cloud or two”, Seongwoo mumbled before realizing what he was saying, “Uhm... I’ll leave it to you then, I wouldn’t really be much help with this gift”. Daniel nodded in agreement and Seongwoo gave me a faint smile, before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

~~~~~~~

“Well at least this one didn’t have a bird’s nest”, Seongwoo gasped as I blew up another branch of a tree. He, Daniel and I were in a forest, practicing. Not the fallen angel forest, but another one further away from civilization, so that i didn't actually hurt anyone. We had spent the better part of Saturday morning trying to get me to control it and the snow was killing me. “It’s all new to you”, he added, “We spent years perfecting our powers”. Daniel put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, “You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. He’s right; you don’t have the kind of time we had to practice these things so it’s going to be more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter