Chapter 11

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cake was surprisingly delicious, even with the candy. Daniel was very proud of himself and so was I. He had managed to eat at least half of it, getting frosting all over those luscious lips which then covered my own when he kissed me. We were sticky and there were still bits of flour on and inside our clothes so I sent him to shower while I sorted out his gifts. I was anxious, hoping he would like the things I got him. Simple things made him happy on normal days, like the electric insect squatter that I got him. My dorm room had way too many and he hated them. “The only things that could fly up there were us”, he had said after zapping a bug, “Why does everything fly and crawl down here”. His fear was very endearing. 

I ped the bag of gifts and took them out one by one, waiting for him to be done. I grew more uncertain as I thought about them. They didn’t seem good enough. I wanted to give him the world, but unfortunately the book store didn’t pay enough for that. He returned to the living room, after changing into another collared shirt, black this time, as black as the feathers on his wings. The darkness suited him against that blondeness. He sat down on the couch beside me. His hair was wet and messy, and I ruffled it. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. No matter how many times he kissed me, I always wanted more, needed more.   

The first gift I handed to him was a photo frame of the picture we took out on our first trip to the beach. He had been blinded by the flash, which was hilarious. We hadn’t had a chance to clean the photos from Joongki’s camera. There were a lot of Minhyun’s photos in the mix as well. It was such a happy triple date. I had not brought up the topic with Lala again after her reaction the last time. She was spending most of her time with us though, which made me doubt that she was back with him, unless she was sneaking off every night.

Now that we knew Somi might be involved with The Fallen, it made me wonder more about him, since they seemed so close. Seongwoo had no idea who I was talking about. Apparently he had never seen the boy and I realized that Minhyun hadn’t actually spent that much time with me. And when he was around me, so was Daniel, which mostly meant Seongwoo kept his distance. Daniel took the frame and immediately hung it on an empty nail on the wall. I wondered what had hung there before. Was the nail already there when he moved in or did he remove a pictur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter