Chapter 16

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I could even say Daniel’s name, he had Seongwoo pinned against the wall. He still had the gift box in his hand. Daniel looked down at it and back up at me before Seongwoo pushed him away. “Stop!”, I stood in between them, “Just stop!”. “What is he doing here?”, Daniel asked. “I told you that Taehee invited him!”, I was relieved that I had at least conveyed that before he arrived to find Seongwoo mingling with everyone. I couldn’t even imagine what that would have turned into. “No”, Daniel was glaring at him, “What is he doing here… in your room… holding you???”. “It was just a hug”, I insisted, “He was thanking me for his gift. It’s a normal response to receiving a gift!”. Seongwoo was quiet, glaring back at Daniel.

“That’s enough!”, I said, “I am so sick of the two of you acting as if you hate each other when you actually miss each other”. That snapped them out of their staring contest. “I don’t miss traitors”, Daniel said. “Yeah me neither”, Seongwoo retorted and Daniel scoffed. “Tris”, Taehee called from downstairs, “Is everything okay?”. “Yeah”, I screamed back, grabbing the two boys by their arms and dragging them with me all the way outside. I was not about to let a fight break out inside the house. Taehee eyed us incredulously when we walked past her, but didn’t say anything. The warmth was from my body again since all I didn’t have a coat over my pajamas.

“This is going to end now”, I gritted my teeth to keep it from clattering together, “Daniel is my boyfriend which means I’m going to spend most of my time with him. That basically means you always have to be around him too”, I directed that to Seongwoo before turning to face Daniel, “And Seongwoo is my guardian which means he is going to spend most of his time with me. But... he is also my friend, so he is going to actually hang out with me and not just watch over me. I have never given you a reason to distrust me so I really hate when you react this way”. I turned back to Seongwoo, “And as much as I care about our friendship, there’s going to be strain on it if you are constantly at war with my boyfriend. Both of you have to tell the other one why you are so incredibly angry”. 

“I do trust you my love”, Daniel said gently, “It’s him I don’t trust”. “You should be the last one talking about trust”, Seongwoo spat out, “I trusted you more than anyone and it was all for nothing”. “Doesn’t matter, does it? You found new brothers easily enough”, Daniel narrowed his eyes. “Easy???”, Seongwoo was furious now, “You think it was easy for me to get a new coven? You think it was easy for me to lose everyone I ever cared about all at once! I didn’t choose any of that Danny. You were the one with the choice and you didn’t choose me”. The only thing that was keeping the tears fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter