Chapter 10

Damned Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nice talking and laughing with Daniel through dinner, forgetting all our troubles and the outside world. I never wanted to leave this little bubble of ours. I wished we could remain in his apartment at this table forever. I thanked him with almost every mouthful, and then again when the plate was wiped clean. I couldn’t explain the nostalgia that I felt eating the dish, because it felt new to me as well. It had definitely become more special to me though.

“Sorry, I haven’t mastered desserts yet”, he said. “Well then it’s a good thing I came prepared”, I stood up, “Would you mind fetching my bags from the car while I clean all this up”. He kissed my forehead, grabbed the car keys and went outside. By the time he returned, I was halfway through the dishes. “So is my gift you moving in with me?”, he asked, holding up the 3 bags I packed. One was an overnight bag, one full of baking supplies and another had his gifts.

“Are you asking me to move in?”, I turned around from the sink and looked at him. “What if I am?”, he placed the bags down and walked to me, putting his arms around me from behind. The thought of that sounded wonderful. Even though he had basically spent every waking minute at my place, it would have been nice to have somewhere that just belonged to us. “What if I say yes”, I touched a bit of the foam from my hands to his cheeks.

His hands on my waist turned me around slowly. My hands were still soapy so I held them in the air, away from him. I had to fight the urge to mess up his whole face with the foam because the little that I had put on looked adorable. “Nothing would make me happier than if you said yes”, he smiled. “Me too, but when it happens, I want to be happy about it and not have to worry if our home is going to be swarming with... people looking for me. I don’t want it to be tainted like so many other places that I love”. He held my foamy hands and intertwined our fingers, “So… what you are saying is yes… but just not right now?”. I nodded and he leaned down and kissed me, “I can’t wait”.

~~~~~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter