Twenty-One

Nothing More, Nothing Less
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From what seemed like an hour, it was actually thirty minutes.

There was just some interruptions along the way.

As they got closer, Yongguk covered Shiah's eyes. She squealed with butterflies filling her stomach wondering why he was being secretive with her. All her emotions from earlier were gone and filled with nothing but happiness.

"Almost there." Yongguk whispered in her ears giving her chills down her spine along with goosebumps on her arms.

"Now?" Shiah was impatient and wanted to know what the surprise was. Yet when she realized his actions, it wasn't the first time he did that. Not to mention it was at a secret place he took her too.

The fireflies.

But it's not even dark yet?

Why do I get the feeling I know where he is taking me?

He smiled when he wanted her in the right spot and placed his hands on her shoulders. It had been a while since he had been back here. It was his own secret place not sharing it with anyone. But there was one he wanted to share it with and if she came back, he was sure to show her the new addition he made for her.

He leaned down to her ears and sighed letting his breath tickle her knowing she would flinch to his breath. "Open your eyes Love."

She gasped seeing a wonderful sight in front of her. She clasped her hands together slowly going up to the swing that had vines covering the rope with small wild baby's breath entwined with the vines all the way to the top of the tree branch as it was tied securely.

The plank down below for her sit was about twenty inches from the ground. She turned around to give her compliments but somehow Yongguk had left her side for a moment as she was adoring the swing and saw him holding up a Dainty Ivory Lavender floral crown.

It had pieces of white flower around the crown with a few ivory beads and most importantly the lavender flowers all around. It was stunning and beautiful.

"Oh my gosh!" Shiah went up to him and admired the crown. She held it up for a moment but gave Yongguk a glare. "You're not just surprising me with gifts so you can avoid the real problem right?"

Yongguk chuckled at her accurate theory. He grabbed the crown and placed it on her head. "I just thought giving you a few heart-felt gifts would help ease the tension between us."

"Yongguk that's cheating!" Shiah smacked his chest making him groan in the process but he only smiled afterwards.

"Maybe but I wanted to show you this anyways." He stood up straight and grabbed her hand pulling her to swing. "When I returned home, I shut everyone out. Himchan, being my beta and all, made sure the others were watching me and didn't do anything crazy." He offered her to sit down and he went behind the swing giving her a light push as she held on to the sides. "I had a lot of time on my hands and one day I decided to make this for you."

"You did this all by yourself?" Shiah turned back impressed with her eyes widen.

Yongguk couldn't take all the credit. "I had Junhong help me and keep it a secret. I wasn't sure if you would return or not but if I ever came here alone one night to watch the fireflies; I could look at the swing and be relaxed hoping you would enjoy it someday."

Shiah used her feet to stop from swinging and moved herself the other way to face him. "The swing and the floral crown are beautiful gifts Yongguk. Truly, but --"

"But it doesn't concern our problem. I know." Yongguk moved back and leaned against the tree with his hands in his pockets. "I just wanted to give you something nice before we got to the real talk."

"Thank you but I'd rather deal with our problem first before gifts." Shiah swung herself slowly looking down at her shoes. She just noticed they were untied. When she moved down to grab the laces, Yongguk had already grabbed them for her.

He must have seen me eyeing them.

Amore..

Yongguk tied both of her shoes and moved back up to lean against the tree like before. He stared out to a small open field before he turned back and stared at the girl who fully captured his heart.

Completely.

Forever.

Time for full closure.

Time to say goodbye.

Yongguk sighed with a smile on his face before he began. "When you came into my life, I admit I was still holding onto Mira. I couldn't let go of her. I cared about her and loved her. She was the first girl that caught my eyes and I was happy with her. But then the fire happened and I wasn't there to protect her. It was hard and difficult to move on."

"Fifteen years." Shiah commented for him to hear it.

He nodded. "All those years, I held onto her. She stayed inside me because I care so much for her. She was.. my first love but as of right now. I realized something earlier today."

Shiah saw him move from his spot and go to her. He went down to his feet and grabbed her hands as they were on her laps. "When you were about to leave the room, I felt what you felt. I felt the pain and sadness inside you. I felt your tears building by the second and it troubled me more than you can imagine."

Shiah didn't know what to say since she heard him say this before.

Where is he going with this?

Yongguk brought her hands to his lips and kissed them. "When I was with Mira I never felt what she felt. I felt happy when I was with her. I felt terrible when she got yelled at by Saki for not watching Mikako because she was out playing with me." He kissed her lips giving her comfort because she was slowly pulling her hands back.

"I don't know what you're trying to say." Shiah said to him furrowing her eyebrows.

He smiled holding onto her hands tightly not wanting her to pull back anymore. His explanation wasn't making sense since he was going all over the place instead of in order. He had a reason for it. He hoped she would catch on. She is smart. It's not hard to miss but if she didn't catch it. He would still explain it for her.

"Yongguk?"

When she said his name, he missed his nickname. It was obvious when they used their names they were serious and when everything was fine, they would use their pet names. He smiled looking up at her. "You are beautiful Shiah, I can't imagine a fairy to be as beautiful as you. I mean, I know pixie dust people are small and tiny but you were different."

A smile was brought to her face when she heard the silly nickname Daehyun called her one time.

"When you woke up after a day's rest. You weren't willing to trust anyone but me."

"That's because you showed me compassion and convinced me to trust you. I felt it by your words." She replied looking down at him. "Besides, your attractive and handsome. I couldn't pass that up."

He chuckled hearing her comments and kissed her hands again. "Thank you Love."

Her heart jumped upon the name making his do the same. "Go on."

"The night I brought you to see the fireflies, I knew that you were slowly opening up to me and looked at peace. I felt something stirring inside of me and I shook them away and kept wanting to hold onto Mira. I wanted to avoid every little feeling coming that you were giving me. You were shaking up feelings I hadn't felt and it was empowering how you did it."

"Me? I hardly did anything." Shiah furrowed her eyebrows.

"Maybe but believe it or not, you are strong and independent without your protectors. You just choose to rely on them when they are around. Without them, you did anything you set your mind to it." He got tired of standing on his feet and moved himself to sit on the ground. He stared up at Shiah as she continued looking at him. "When you told me about seeing my memories with Mira I couldn't be mad at you. She was a part of my life before and I was holding on because I... I was scared of falling in love again."

Yongguk broke off the eye contact and put his head on Shiah's lap looking away from her.

"I know I was young and in love but when it's taken away from you... it's something you can never get back. Every moment I stayed around you, the more I forgot about Mira and when she did cross my mind it was out of habits. I didn't mean to hurt you the way I did when you ran off that night." Yongguk moved to look up at Shiah and her eyes widen seeing the water lining up in his eyes. It gave her shock because she thought she would never see him cry. "I knew my feelings for you when we kissed for the first time. I knew then I didn't want to look back anymore. I knew I had to let go of Mira."

"Yongguk."

He sniffled giving her a pained smile. "What I felt for Mira long ago when I was young wasn't the same for what I feel for you. We didn't have the emotional connection. What I felt for her was on my own free will. It was the same for her."

Emotional connection?

"Wait..." Shiah closed her eyes understanding what he was saying. "You mean..?"

He nodded to her still holding her hands interlacing them together. "We were told back in the Lunar Village that we are allowed to love more than one person. We don't have mates. But when we find someone with a emotional connection that goes both ways, it shows that we have found our so called 'mates'."

"So?" Shiah felt her heart starting to race waiting to hear what she was thinking in her mind. But she wanted to hear his words.

"I feel the connection with you." Yongguk smiled at her. "Your heart is racings and so is mine. I feel what you feel with any emotion as long as I'm near you. If you are hear hiding from me, of course I won't feel it. But --"

"Oh that's a shame. I thought it worked long distance."Shiah joked standing up from the swing behind her and pulled Yongguk back on his feet.

"Hey, don't tempt me to see if we can practice on it." Yongguk chuckled leaving their hands connected to hers.

"It's a challenge we can work on." Shiah suggested pursing her lips together to hide them away from Yongguk. "The stronger the connection is the better right?"

Yongguk made an unsure face but he chuckled shortly after. He liked her idea but there was one slight problem. "Full Moon?"

Shiah opened forgetting about those days. "Damn. Well that's out."

"Full closure right here, right now." Yongguk made sure their eyes were connected not breaking away. "I want you to know that this is the end for me thinking about Mira. From now on, she will be remembered as someone I lost dearly but I know she is resting in peace. That's all I can hope for. Because I have you to worry about and that is the truth."

"Yongguk." Shiah smiled with tears swelling in her eyes.

He removed one of his hands from hers and cupped her left side. She leaned into his touch as if it was her favorite thing in the world. She closed her eyes enjoying him use his thumb to her cheek. "I never thought I could love again and you proved me wrong. You were always shaking my feelings and I'd say we took a few twists and turns but we are here now. Happy."

Shiah opened her eyes with a smile on her face. She pulled him down with her free hand pressing her lips on his. He gladly accepted the chaste kiss and went for another one. When they moved away for a bit, Shiah remembered something. "What about the necklace? You still had it."

Yongguk had forgotten about it while he was having a deep talk with his love. He removed his other hand from her and pulled out the necklace from his pocket. "I found it after Himchan and I found the remains of the house. We felt helpless and alone. I took it to remind myself that I wouldn't let others down."

"But you didn't let her down. You didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter