Twelve

Nothing More, Nothing Less
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At first it was five hours.

There was a commotion when he entered the City of Lux. The ascensions were bombing him with questions, three of his pack members were already there waiting for him. Binnie and the other girls went with the Witch Doctor to help heal Shiah in anyway.

Some things were a blur and other things just felt like a nightmare. Yongguk couldn't think straight when all he could think about was Shiah being in another room away from him. He felt uneasy for a long time.

When someone tried to talk to him, he wouldn't answer unless he was out of his trance. He excused himself a lot until he got the news she was stable.

Yongguk never left her side after she came out from being healed. He held her small hands with his and kissed the back countless times. He didn't want to let go. He placed the back her hand on his cheek, rubbing it as it gave him comfort. He closed his eyes taking in a deep breath.

When he did so, he realized he picked up a calming scent around him. His eyes snapped opened suddenly and he stared down at the girl as she was breathing normally. He leaned forward closing his eyes again as he was near the crook of her neck.

She smells like... lavender?

This is her scent?

This whole time?

He took another whiff of her scent and it gave him chills wondering many possible things. He couldn't believe her scent was in his room the day he found out she was kidnapped. The scent was there the whole time.

Yongguk felt foolish.

Her scent had always been there. The only difference is that there was a hint of flowers in her scent. He hummed at her scent and smiled knowing he was never going to forget it. It was a common scent to everyone but to him it meant so much more.

He sighed opening his eyes and flinched suddenly as he saw Jaejoong smiling at him with his hands behind his back.

"Am I disturbing you?" He asked with a friendly smile.

"Not when you show up out of thin air." Yongguk commented as he kept holding her hand.

Jaejoong chuckled as he stared at Shiah. "She is a strong girl, she will get through anything."

Yongguk didn't know what hardships she went through in her past, but one thing was for sure, she didn't want her to suffer alone. He wanted to be her rock and more. He gave her knuckles a feeling her smooth skin was giving him more ideas as to what he wanted to do with her. But he pushed those kind of thoughts away for the sake of Jaejoong being present.

"Was there something you need to tell me?" Yongguk asked looking over to him.

Jaejoong nodded as he looked down. "I just spoke to the Witch Doctor and he told me some news about Shiah's wound."

"What about it?" Yongguk looked at her wound that was already covered and under her clothes as she was under her lilac sheets.

- - -

A few voices were filling her ears as she was gaining her strength to open her eyes. She took a moment or two before she saw the vision adjust in her eyes and soon she felt pain in the lower area. She hissed in pain for a moment and wondered why she was in pain but then it came rushing back.

She got daggered by Irene.

Shiah quickly removed her sheets and picked up her gown seeing the wound covered with the smell of medicine and a patch over it.

"Hey! Boys are in the room!" Wooseok covered his eyes as he joked.

Shiah picked up her head, putting her gown down and saw her ascensions around her bed. They each took a turn giving her hug but Yanan hugged her the most and kissed her the top of her head.

"We're glad you woke up." Hui smiled as he leaned on one pillar of the bed frame.

"How long have I been out?" She asked looking around. She noticed how she was in her old room. She was in the City of Lux. "How did I get here?"

"It's been a couple of days." Jinho spoke out first with a smile.

"Yongguk brought you here." Yuto commented as he leaned against the wall by her purpleheart makeup vanity. It had been a gift from Jaejoong but she hardly used it.

Yongguk?

She took a moment and remembered him telling her to trust him. She quickly removed the sheets and groaned in pain as she stood up.

"Hey take it easy." Yanan was at her aide. He held her elbow trying to get her to sit back down on her bed. "You just woke up. You don't need to go anywhere."

"I need to speak to Yongguk." Shiah retorted as she was holding onto her side. She gave herself a push to keep walking but Jinho stopped her.

"He's gone."

What? No!

NO!

Why?

Her heart dropped to the bottom of her stomach as she felt herself get chills. "What do you mean?"

"He was here a couple of hours ago but he hasn't been back." Wooseok spoke up as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "No one has seen him."

"While you were out, he never left your side." Yuto added to her with his arms crossed.

"His pack and those witch girls are still here though." Hui mentioned as she went to other side to help her.

Shiah shook her head trying to understand. "He left? Why? Why didn't he stay?"

Each of the ascension were giving each other different looks. They stared back at Shiah as she seemed lost for a moment or was probably just still tired.

"Why don't you lay down and sleep some more? You can find -" Jinho offered to her but Shiah stood up and pushed herself to stand up and move away from them.

"No! I need to find him!" She cut him off and went to the door and ran down the steps carefully. She heard voices. Familiar laughs filling the room. She saw Mikako, Jongup, Yoonji, Himchan and the other three boys there talking amongst themselves. "Where is he?"

Mikako was the first to look her way. "Hey! How are you feeling?"

"You shouldn't be out of bed." Himchan spoke after his sister with a smile.

"You're wound could open up." Yoonji added after him.

Shiah groaned stomping her foot like a child making everyone quiet. "Yongguk! Where is he?"

They each stayed quiet looking at each other but only one person knew where he went. He didn't want to say anything since he promised but Himchan sighed knowing he couldn't keep it. "He's headed home."

"What?" Mikako and Junhong said at the same time.

Daehyun and Youngjae looked at each other first then to their Beta.

Jongup already had an idea and Yoonji already knew as well. They were all waiting for Shiah to wake up and make sure she was ok. Then they would head home together.

Shiah turned going out the door not caring if others saw her run like a mad person. She needed to find Yongguk. She had this strong urge to tell him everything that was on her mind. She didn't care if it hurt her in process. She didn't like how he always made decisions for her when she has her own voice to speak up.

She is her own person.

It was her turn to take charge of what will happen between them.

No more circles.

- - -

"She can't...have children?" Yongguk choked at the words as they left his mouth.

Jaejoong gave a nod. "She had an abdominal wound. The heat from the dagger caused damage."

Yongguk felt his air way thickening as he stared at her. His heart squeezed inside his chest as he held her hand tighter. He started at her round doll like face with her bangs covering her forehead. Her round cute cheeks he would love to bit them one day when they are relaxing at his home in his room. He could hear her laughing under him when he tickles her. He would love to kiss her nose for every little cute thing she did before going to her plump lips.

"I'm not sure if having children is part of her life but..." Jaejoong sighed as he looked over to the werewolf, who was lost in his own thoughts. "She is going to need comfort when she gets told this. I hope you are here to give her what she needs."

- - -

Yongguk was guilty.

He was guilty for standing in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He should have been daggered not Shiah.

He couldn't stay inside the mansion any longer. He had to get out and when he reached the last step, he told his beta about his change of plans and would see everyone back at home.

He knew she needed lots of rest and he was willing to wait but after what Jaejoong told him, he couldn't seem to shake off. Seeing Shiah only made him feel horrible for it.

Yongguk had to get out and clear his mind.

Sadly nothing was working.

His mind became full of thoughts of Shiah . He wondered if she had woken up already. He wondered if she was already asking for him. Of course that would probably be the first thing she would do. When he fell sick, he thought of her before he drifted off into a deep sleep. That's when he dreamt of Mira.

He closed his eyes trying so hard not to stop and turn to go back. He couldn't risk it. He is the reason why she couldn't have children. She saved him from Irene.

It was selfless of her but it gave him a scare.

He didn't want to lose someone again who meant to so much to him.

He couldn't deal with that.

Yongguk stopped in place and turned around going back as he ran his fingers through his hair but he stopped again turning back to go home. "Damn it!"

He closed his eyes feeling frustrated with himself.

Why is this so hard!

Shiah... I...

Before he could finish his own thought. He opened his eyes the moment his nose picked up a familiar lavender scent. He didn't want to believe it but he felt the emotional connection coming from inside. He slowly turned around and he, himself felt his knee buckle as he saw the beautiful sight in front of him.

Shiah paused in her place panting. Usually in these kind of scenarios' the girl or the guy run toward each other throwing their arms around each other tightly. They had already done that a few days ago.

This time, it was different.

Shiah had a hard cold serious face as she took her strides towards Yongguk and pushed him back with her hands. Yongguk stumbled as he was taken by surprise at her actions. He stared at her reaching out but she did it again.

She shoved him back making her hands into fists, hitting him with all the strength she had. She had been running after she asked if so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter