You’re so stupid, Minseo.

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

Sorry for the late update, last week was crazy. Work is crazy. Let me know what you guys think about the story. (Is anyone even reading this? lol.)


"So yeah, first day-off before we get back to the grind on Monday guys. What are your plans tonight?” Namjoon asked the rest of s when they all got inside the van. “I’ll head to Jackson’s, it’s his Mom’s birthday. Then I’ll need to do some double checks with the MRs for the next release.”

“I’ll be at the studio.” Yoongi quickly said as he relaxes on his seat. “Until tomorrow. Don’t bug me.” And closes his eyes.

Typical Yoongi, the eldest thought.

“I’m gonna stay the night at my parents’ house.” Jin said. “It’s been a long time since I tasted my mom’s cooking. She’s gonna kill me if I don’t spend my first day-off at their place.”

“Me too. My noona’s boyfriend will drop by at home. I really need to meet him before they even get things further.” Hoseok said while typing earnestly in his phone, probably text-screaming his older sister about his boyfriend he just conveniently heard just now.

ARE YOU FOR REAL, NOONA? WHY AM I HEARING THIS NOW? WHY HAVEN’T YOU TOLD ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUY— Jimin, who’s sitting beside Hoseok shudder as he peeks at the older’s phone.

He’s furious. That guy’s gonna be dead tonight. He thought.

“She’s your noona, Hoseok-hyung…” Jimin reminded the guy who’s still dead focus on his phone. “She’s still older than you. Show some respect—”

“Do I look like I care? Is he your sister?! She can’t be in a relationship. She just broken up with that stupid guy from the last time. There’s no way in hell she’s dating again—”

“Maybe if you stop butting into her relationship she’ll be a lot happier—”

“Yah! Park Jimin!”

“Yeah yeah, I’m shutting my mouth now…” Jimin quietly said as he scooted a bit to his right. “Anyway, I’m hanging out with Taemin and the guys. We’ve been planning for a catch up for the longest time.” He continued.

“Me too. I’ll be hanging out with the Hwarang-hyungs. I’ll be back maybe after midnight or so...” Taehyung added while texting.

 

And then there’s silence.

Jungkook?

The rest of them is waiting for the youngest to tell his plans for tonight and tomorrow but apparently, he’s really not paying attention to whatever topic they’re on.

He’s firmly focused on his phone, wearing that goofy-bunny smile of his.

“Yah Jeon Jungkook…” Jimin called the youngest while Jungkook absentmindedly hum as a response followed by a giggle, he’s giggling like a high school boy – which snap something out of Hoseok and pulled him out of his text-screaming with his sister.

“Oh no you didn’t.” Hoseok said incredulously, eyes bigger than usual.

After sending his last text and locking his phone, he faces Hoseok with a smug grin.

“Thanks, hyung. I can’t believe I doubted your skill.”

 

“OH MY GOD, JEON JUNGKOOK. ARE YOU GONNA GET LAID TONIGHT?!”

 

“WHAT?!”


 Minseo 

To: Kookie

The company car just dropped me off the lobby. Be there in a sec.

 

I shoot him a text when I reached Hannam, just like what he asked earlier when I left my place.

 

Text me always. I just wanna know where you are and that you’re safe, okay?

 

It’s weird. Really.

 

Also, if you come please in after seven that’s the safest time to drop by the lobby. See you.

 

I check the time it’s 7:45 PM, just like he said the lobby is practically empty – except for a couple of staff here and there, who’s already familiar with me. I’m basically always here to pick up a few things for the boys. Clothes, wallets, accessories, passports – You know why, Namjoon.

But this time, this feels different. I feel different and suddenly nervous to be here.

Like it’s the first time I’m actually here.

I don’t even know why I ended up in here… At this time… 7:46 PM.

You agreed to hangout with Jungkook, you idiot.

Oh yeah, right.

I was in a really giddy mood a while ago when Sunye told me that I’ll be joining the US Tour. It might not be a big thing for some, but it is to me.

I’m working for Bighit for just less than a year, but for some reasons they’re impressed in my work quality and results that they value a newbie like me – this is basically a promotion for people in this line of work.

I was so giddy I became careless and I agreed to hangout with Jungkook—

Now that I think about it, it’s all rushing to me like waves.

Am I even allowed to be here?

What if someone sees me?

What is some from work sees me?

 

You’re so stupid, Minseo.

 

I clench my fist to the skirt I’m wearing.

You’re even wearing a dress, Minseo. What are you even thinking?

Is this a date? Why did you even make yourself pretty, what? For Jungkook?

I scoffed at that thought.

‘You're just being too defensive right now because you like Jeon Jungkook. That's why you're making this a big deal because you like that kid!’ I hear my bestfriend’s voice in my head, when we fought few weeks ago about this.

Maybe he’s right. Maybe at the back of my mind, I really do like Jungkook.

I like Jeon Jungkook.

“Wow… I actually thought about it…” I mumbled out of the blue. “Minseo, you’re really stupid. You shouldn’t” and as if adding salt to the wound, I was hit by another person going the opposite direction.

“Oh. I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” He asked as he helped me stand up.

“Sorry, I wasn’t really paying attention. It’s my fault—” I bowed furiously but he taps my shoulder as if to say it’s no big deal.

And as I meet his eyes, I got struck to the chord when I saw that it’s Hyungsik – one of Taehyung’s actor friend.

“Oh. You’re Lee Minseo, right? Taehyung’s friend?” I got surprised that he even remembers me, I met him a few times and it was very quick. Just passing by and saying hello or goodbye. That’s it.

“Yes. Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Park Hyunsik.” I bowed and smiled a little. “Sorry again. I wasn’t really looking to where I’m heading.”

“No worries! And don’t be so formal.” He said casually. “You’re a good friend to our Taehyung, anyone who’s friends with him is practically a friend of mine.” He added genuinely.

“Neh~” I replied awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

“Oh. Are you here to visit, Taehyung?” He suddenly asked. . “He just forgot his wallet upstairs but we’re actually heading out to meet the others for a drink – I didn’t know you guys have plans.” He suddenly looks worried.

Oh god. I can’t tell him, I’m here for Jungkook and not for Taehyung.

It’s gonna look like—

Oh my god—

What do I do.

“Oh. I—Uhm… Actually I—” I stuttered like a kid.

 

And as always, just right on time. My bestfriend came to rescue me.

“Minseo!” He called. A bit surprised to see me here.

“Hey Tae, I saw Minseo on her way here.” Hyungsik turn to face Taehyung. “I didn’t know you guys have plans tonight. You told me you’re free.” At that, I saw Taehyung’s brows furrowed.

It’s because I don’t have anything scheduled with him.

I’m here for a different person.

But maybe, realizing the predicament that I’m in. Taehyung just laugh it off – obviously fake from my view, hopefully Hyungsik didn’t notice it.

“Oh no, actually she’s here to pick up some clothes from the apartment for Monday’s stage.” He lied as he stares directly at me. “She’s basically the runner in her team since she’s the youngest.” He added with another fake laugh of his.

“Oh I see. I thought you guys got a date or something since she looks extra pretty tonight.” Hyungsik added with a playful wink.

Then I saw Taehyung gaze at me from head to toe. He’s eyeing me differently, like he’s seeing me for the first time.

Well, he might be even thinking why am I dressed up all of a sudden – then he frowns.

“Yah hyung, you know we’re just really good friends, right?” Taehyung said as she places his arm on the other’s shoulder.

“I know, I know. I’m just kidding!” Hyungsik replied. “Oh, looks like the car is here.” He said and pointed to the van outside the lobby. “It’s nice meeting you again, Minseo. Come with Taehyung sometime when we hangout. So the others could meet you and have a face to the name.” He added mysteriously which earned a soft punch from Taehyung.

“Hyung! Let’s get going! I’m sure the rest are waiting and let’s not hold, Minseo to do her work, she might be late.” Tae said with a knowing look at me.

“Yes, sorry! Anyway, see you around, Minseo. We’ll get going!” He waved as he started walking towards the exit.

Taehyung was behind him a few steps, I thought he’s just gonna ignore me and go on but—

 

“Well then, enjoy your date, Minseo.”

 

Why do I suddenly feel extra guilty?