Smooth, Jungkook. Real smooth

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Minseo 

“Thank you for your hard work!” everyone chorused as soon as the director dismissed us from the tour discussion.

We literally spent an entire day for the meeting (we even did working-lunch-working-breaks-and-snacks since everyone’s sched is so tight. It’s seriously crazy.) After this we’ll be going on our own separate meetings per role, so I understand why they’re trying to polish as much as we can.

I can already hear Sunye – head of the senior coordinators - listing down all the things Yura and the other senior coordinators needs to prepare for the next huddle.

Since everyone’s looking very busy and I look like I’m so useless in this corner. I started collecting all the scripts and notes – per owner - scattered in the table and try to organize them.

It was very chaotic a while ago and I know for sure these guys in the meeting will be in much trouble if I don’t collect this now and they lost something.

 

“Omo. Thank you so much, Minseo-ssi! I almost left these!” I heard Gihyun, one of the stage managers I know. He came from outside and was rushing inside – obviously to salvage his notes from a while ago. “I was rushing to the comfort room as soon as the director-nim dismissed us. What would I do without you, this is the third time already!”

“No worries, Gihyun-ssi! That’s why I’m here, that’s my job!” I smiled as I gave him all the scripts from my hand. “I’m not sure if the other scratch papers are important, but I placed it at the back, just in case.”

“Really. You’re the most organized newbie I know.”

“I’m the only newbie here, Gihyun-ssi.” I awkwardly added with a laugh as he patted my head like a pet.

“And I told you already, stop with the formality. I’m just 4 years older than you. You can just call me oppa—”

“Yah Kim Gihyun! Stop flirting with our maknae!” I heard Yuri said when she reached us. She places her arm on my shoulder as if to protect me from Gihyun.

“Yah Kim Yura, I’m the original maknae and your original dongsaeng!” Guhyun pouted like a kid.

“Yah Kim Gihyun! Who are you calling Kim Yura just now, huh?!” She hissed and hit her younger brother’s head.

Oh right. They’re siblings. Lol.

“Yah. Noona, stop messing my hair! We’re at work, you know!” I heard Gihyun hissed which earned a laugh from me.

“I still can’t believe you guys are siblings.” I said with a smile.

“Yeah, co’z honestly, how could you think that we’re even related? She’s ugly AF—”

“Kim Gihyun, you wanna die?!”

 

“Yura, why are you trying to kill your brother!” I heard Sunye called out from the back with a scandalized face.

You won’t think she’s the strict head of coordis just a while ago, now she looks so cheerful and friendly.

“Unnie stop baby-ing this guy. He’s getting spoiled!” Yura pouted like a kid.

Actually, that’s what I really like about working for Big Hit. Everyone’s really serious when it comes to work, everyone is so hard working it makes you work hard as well.

It gets to the point that you’ll be the one looking for things to do if you find yourself idling.

It inspires me to work harder.

 

“Hey Minseo, you have a minute?” Sunye called.

“Yes, sure. Ms. Sunye.”

“So, as you may know we’ll start touring after the Seoul stop.” She started. “And we really need a loyal and trustworthy hand.” She smiled and for some reason, I started getting nervous—

No! I can’t set such expectations, I’m still a newbie.

“We hired a couple of new girls for the coordination team and even though you’re just less than a year old in this company, I know for sure you’re much trustworthy compare to those experienced new hires.” She continued. “You know how we roll here. We’d rather hire someone for their values than what’s inside their resumes.”

 

“So yeah, enough of my rambling and I’ll get straight to the point. Will be out for almost a year but… I’m sure it’s gonna be a good experience for you and a good additional bullet for your profile. So, what do you say? Do you have a passport?” She finished with a knowing smile.


 Jungkook 

“Hi Seo-Noona!” I called when I saw her pass by.

“Hey Kookie!” She replied with a smile. “Busy day, huh.”

Minseo’s face is bare, unlike other female workers in the company. She’s the only girl I know who barely wears makeup.

Nonetheless, her cheeks look flushed, her lips look cherry red and plum.

In short, she’s still the prettiest girl here.

Damn Jeon Jungkook, you’re whip.

“I heard from Sunye-Noona that you’re going to come with us in the US tour!” I said excitedly.

“Yeah, can you believe it?!” She replied with such enthusiasm as she reached for my hands and squeezed it—

My heart just went out of my chest.

“I’m included in the Coordi-Team A already – gosh, I couldn’t even believe it!” She continued squeezing my hands while giggling like a kid.

I feel like I can’t breathe, my heart is beating like crazy, but her laugh is making me live.

So, with all the bravery in my heart, I intertwine my fingers with hers and squeezed her hands back.

I could already hear Hobi-hyung in my head. Damn, Jungkook. You’re smooth.

“I know right, I’m so happy for you as well, noona! You honestly deserve it!” I replied happily, I feel like my heart will just explode any minute now, her mood is just so contagious.

“This will be my first US trip, if ever! I’m really excited!”

“Really? Then I should tour you around when we get there.” I said, hands still intertwine with hers.

Smooth, Jungkook. Real smooth.

“For real?”

“Yeah, why not? There’s lesser interviews this time so there should be a free day or two per stop.”

“Wow. Thanks, Jungkook! But no pressure okay?” She continued. (But still giggling, gosh, why is she so cute)

“By the way, Noona… Are you free tonight?” I suddenly blurted out.

 

 

“Wanna hangout at the dorm?”


A/N: I'm feeling really ansty rn T~T