Dating a 'Noona'

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Minseo 

“Thank you for bringing, Yeontan.” He said as soon as we got inside his room.

“No worries. I’m on the way anyway.” I replied and walk towards the sofa – when something caught my attention. “Hey! You still have this?” I said, pointing at the picture frame on his table.

It’s a childhood photo of us together in our old school in Geochang.

I was on my usual pig-tails and Taehyung is looking like a lollipop - thin boy with a bowl haircut.

“How did you grow this tall? You’re so tiny when we were kids and oh my god you’re so thin!” I said with a laugh as I met his gaze.

He sat beside me as he continues to hold Yeontan – who’s currently super clingy to him. Poor guy, he must be missing his human a lot.

“I’m supposed to outgrow you. I’m a guy.” He answered with a shy grin, avoiding eye contact.

There’s still that thin tension hanging around us and I honestly don’t like it. So, I stopped my delaying tactics and went straight to the issue at hand.

“Look, Tae…” I started. “I don’t want us to be like this. I don’t like it.” I said with a sigh.

“Me neither.” He replied.

“I’m sorry—” We apologized in unison and laughed awkwardly after.

“Minseo… About what happened with Jungkook. You know, I can be too protective at times… Especially to the people I care about – that means both you and Jungkook.” he admittedly explained. “It can be overbearing, taxing – if you say… and most of the times, my emotions get the best of me. I say things recklessly, things I don’t really mean… and for that I’m really sorry.” He’s not meeting my eyes and I could see him trying his best to hold his cries.

My heart breaks for him.

Tae tends to act like he’s a happy go lucky guy, he avoids showing his emotions to other people. He’s weird but he’s a very sentimental person. If you just see him up front you could say that he’s mentality is very strong. Although he acts like a kid sometimes especially to the people he’s close with – it’s just his defense mechanism.

But knowing him all these years – I’ve come to learn how to read him.

“I know, Tae…” I answered as I hold his hand. “That’s our blend, right? When one is angry or emotional, one has to step back. When one is weak, one should be strong enough to lend a shoulder… That’s why I step back, Tae.” I gently smile. “But it doesn’t mean that the way we’re behaving is correct… Especially if it affects other people.”

“I know. That’s really on my part – a lapse on my judgement.” He regrettably said, I feel so sad looking at him like this – so disappointed at himself.

“We’re not just best friends now, Taehyung… We’re workmates. It’s more complicated than that. We have to be careful on our behavior especially when both of our career is on the line… You worked hard for this… so so hard.” I reiterate.

“Don’t do things you know you’re going to regret later on.” I explained – trying my best to explain it in the most rational way but also careful not to hurt him. “I’m not going anywhere, Tae. I’ll always be here for you.”

“Thanks, Minseo.”

“Are we passed that issue now?” I asked, before I bring up his injury.

“Yeah… and about the injury…” He sheepishly started as if reading my mind. 


 Taehyung 

“Everything finally okay with Minseo?” Jimin asked the younger guy beside him as they sat together after their practice.

“Yeah, we talked things out yesterday.” Taehyung said with a smile – finally after a few days of not talking to his best friend and basically dancing around whenever they’re near. They got to settle the issue and moved past that. Although it’s still early to tell, at least they’re trying.

“I apologized and explained my side, she understood it. She said she was just giving me space to realize my mistake and she thought 2 days of not ‘talking’ is already enough, and my injury happened – so she reached out.” he added with a knowing grin. “She knows me too well.”

“That’s good to hear, Tae. I’m glad I won’t see you moping around anymore.” The older guy teased.

“Hey! I’m not moping—”

“Yeah, whatever. Tell that to the vendor outside.” He teased which earned a glare from the younger guy. “I’m just kidding.” He surrendered.

 

“Then, when are you going to tell her?” Jimin whispered, just in case the other guys hear him – they’re busy discussing something anyway.

“Tell her, what?”

“Don’t play dumb on me, Tae.” He said. “I saw how you behave around Minseo lately and it looks like you’re crushing on her or something.”

“I do not—” He said wide eyes. "Dude, she's my best friend! She's basically a sister to me!"

“Yeah, tell that to yourself.” He teased. “I don’t know why she doesn’t notice it yet, It’s so obvious to me.”

“Well it’s because you’re wrong, Jiminie. You’re saying nonsense—”

“Yah. Listen up punk.” He started seriously. “The reason that I’m telling you this is because I care about you and how you feel. You don’t have to say it upfront to me, but I know you too well. I know you enough, to tell you these things.” He sighed. “But it doesn’t mean I don’t care about my other brothers as well.”

“What do you mean by other brothers?”

“What I’m telling you is it’s just a matter of time… I’m getting this vibe that Jungkook will confess to Minseo—”

“Confe—what?!” He exclaimed – totally off guard of what he just heard.

Did he just say— Jungkook? Minseo?! Confess?? WHAT?

“Sssh. Keep quiet!” He angrily whispered and pull the younger guy. “Hobi-hyung told me that Jungkook doesn’t shut up about Minseo these past few days and he’s asking things to Hobi-hyung—”

“What ‘things’?”

“I don’t know, something about dating a noona, how to get a noona’s attention or something—”

“No he did not!—” Taehyung said – making his eyes appear bigger. Totally disturbed about the fact of Minseo and the maknae dating.  

“Yes, he did. It makes me wonder but proud at the same time, you know? That our maknae had that courage his older hyung doesn’t have.” Jimin bitterly said as he eyed him.

“I’m not— I told you, I don’t any have hidden feelings for Minseo! She’s my best friend for god’s sake—”

“I didn’t say anything about feelings, Taehyung.” He smirked. “It’s you who brought it up.” And walked away.

“Aish!!!”