Just in case

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

It’s been 2 weeks since that night Jungkook surprised Minseo in her apartment. Both are very busy, Jungkook with BTS’ crazy schedule and Minseo with all the work and preparation for the upcoming concert and tour.

As always, they spend hours on the phone after work and always texts here and there. Minseo tries her best to limit their phone calls to one hour a day so Jungkook could have as much sleep as he can.

But obviously, Jungkook is persistent. Instead of sleeping, he wants to talk to her as much as he can. Like last night, they spent 2 hours talking just about anything.

Over the past 2 weeks, they both grew closer compare to the years they know each other. Day by day they get to know another new thing about one another and to Minseo’s case…

She just finds herself inevitably falling for him more.

They also discussed a lot of things for the past few days, about how they handle their relationship or whatever you call it since there’s nothing really official yet, as Minseo haven’t really confirmed her feelings for him.

Regardless, Jungkook is just so happy that Minseo recognized his feelings for her. He’s happy that he could see her always at work and he gets talk to her every night. To be honest, that’s enough…

For now.

“What’s up with that frown?” Jungkook said with a light flick on Minseo’s forehead.

He saw her in one of the glass conference room, staring intently at her phone like it did something really bad to her.

“Yah. Jungkook. I told you to stop flicking my forehead.”

“Then stop frowning.” He grinned before taking the seat beside her. “How’s your day, babe?”

“Stop calling me that!” Minseo said as she consciously looks around.

“Don’t worry, it’s just the two of us. That’s what I promised, right?” He winked.

“You’re such a flirt, Jeon Jungkook.” Minseo said, rolling her eyes but with a smile on her face… though that eventually fades when she saw her message screen with her bestfriend Taehyung.

 

Tuesday

Minseo: The bracelet you left in the waiting room is with me. I saw it while cleaning, I can give it to you if you’re free today. Read

 

Saturday:

Minseo: Hey Tae! I left the kimchi Ommonim made for you and the guys in your ref. Read

 

Today:

Minseo: It’s Tannie’s birthday tomorrow! I’m bringing the cake, same flavor? Read

 

Today: 

Minseo: Tae? Are you mad at me? Read

 

He’s not replying. She thought somberly while absentmindedly scrolling her screen.

Jungkook heard her sigh for the nth time as she fell quiet.

“Seo… Are you okay?” He asked. “Anything wrong?”

Minseo heave another sigh and locked her phone.

“Kook.” She called as she faces him. “Did Taehyung say anything to you?”

“Hyung?” He repeated with a tilt on his head – his habit whenever he’s confused. “About what?”

“Just… In general.” She sighed. “He’s been avoiding me. I’ve been trying to reach him out all week. At first, I thought that he’s just busy since your schedule has been really crazy these days. But he’s reading my texts and not replying. He didn’t answer when I called him the other day. It’s so weird…”

“Well… The last time we got to talk about you was that time I visited your apartment.” He replied.

“What?”

“That time when I walked out during one of the comeback show, remember?”

“Oh that.” She said, remembering their little arguments 2 weeks ago.


 Jungkook – 2 weeks ago 

“You know... That’s not how you should handle her.” Taehyung said when we met in one of the comfort room in the studio.

“I know and I’m kinda feel bad about it.” I regrettably replied. “Sorry, hyung. I still have a lot to learn.”

“It’s okay, she’ll understand, that’s how she is...” He said with a small smile.

"I'm ruining this as early as now, am I?" The younger sighed, frustrated with his self.

“Kook... She’s not an expressive girl. She mostly thinks to herself than talk herself out. She’s the most rational person I know and even though we’re just the same age, she’ll always be a lot wiser and mature in all aspect.” He continued while washing his hands.

 

“At some point, you need to mature yourself with her and for yourself. Communication is the key, Jungkook. You have to talk to her, avoid getting so emotional. You know very well, we tend to say the worst things whenever we're emotional.” He said with a small laugh, which earned a nod from the younger guy. “I’m not trying to offend you or into your business. It’s just that, you two are so important to me that I just want the best for the both of you.” Taehyung pulled some paper towel and prepares to leave.

“I still remember my promise to you and the guys, Tae-hyung. Don't worry, I’ll improve myself.”

“I’m counting on you.” He replied.


 Today 

It was after dinner when Taehyung left the HR office to finish up some requirements for their upcoming travels. It’s a bit of a hassle since he just renewed his passport recently and it’s just him, the rest are probably in the studio.

“Sejin-oppa!” He heard a familiar voice from his back.

It’s Minseo. Shoot. He thought

“Oh, Minseo. Why are you still here?” His manager beside him asked while he avoid meeting her gaze.

“I just finished submitting my requirements for our upcoming travel.” She answered. “It’s going to be my first US trip, so there was a ton of paper works for the visa.”

He could feel her gaze on her, but he’s trying not to pay attention. It’s a good thing he wore his glasses and face mask.

“Yeah, it’s kinda hassle whenever you travel to the US for the first time— By the way, are you going home now? Ride with us. Your apartment is on the way, anyway.”

“Actually, it’s Yeontan’s monthly-birthday tomorrow.” She started. “Taehyung and I are planning to buy a cake for him, can you accompany us?”

That’s the only time Taehyung looked up.

There’s no plan. He thought, alarmed.

“Uh hyung—”

“You didn’t tell me about it, Tae.” Sejin said while shaking his head. “Anyway, it’s okay. It’s still early. Come, I’ll go with the both of you.”

Before Taehyung could even say anything, Sejin was already walking to the stairs with a phone on his hand, calling their driver.

“We don’t have a plan—” He started.

“Yes, we don’t. Co’z you’re avoiding me.” She snapped. “Why are you avoiding me, Taehyung?”




 Extras – High school 

“Pfft! Kim Taehyung! Do you honestly believe that’s going to happened?”

“Yah! You’ll never know. Boys are different, they all have different tastes in girls. So I’m just telling you as early as now. Just in case! You need to take responsibility, okay?”

“Taetae, that’s a very big just in case! That’s not gonna happen!”

“You'll never know. Puberty might hit you really hard - and by some miracle you might turn into Kim Tae Hee few years from now or something. We'll never know. Besides, have you seen how Jungkook blushed a while ago?”

“Pfft. Seriously. Your imagination is terrible! And of course, he’s gonna blush. I’m like the first girl she met when you guys arrived in Seoul. Duh.”

“Tch. Just promise me, Minseo, okay? Pinky promise!”

“Ugh. I’m seriously thinking why the hell am I friends with you.”

“Yah! Just do it!”

“Fine fine! Pinky promise!”

“And solemly swear!”

“Oh my god, Kim Taehyung. You’ll be the death of me.

“Just do it!!!”

“Fine fine! I pinky promise and solemly swear that just in case— JUST IN THE NAME OF KIMCHI CASE I fall for a BTS member, that I’m gonna think about it very carefully and I will take full responsibility of my actions.”

“You’re so sarcastic, don’t you know that?”

Bleh.