Flowers

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Minseo 

It was already 4AM when I reached my apartment. I was dead-tired from today’s work plus the constant pain in my lower abdomen is killing me.

Thank goodness for the heat packs and extra pain killers that Tae bought. It really helped me pulled the day through.

 

Due to the tight schedule, Jungkook and I haven’t gotten the chance to talk. He’s busy with the performances and I’m busy running errands.

The guys were all giving me weird looks, especially Tae. I think they noticed what happened earlier with Jungkook and I. But thankfully, they didn't say anything. They carried on. Thanks God.

Ugh. This is making me crazy.

 

I was already drying my hair when I hear my doorbell rings.

“That’s weird.” That’s the first in a very very long time that I actually heard my doorbell rings.

I peeped into the door hole and saw a bouquet of flowers.

“Who are you?” I asked, a bit scared that there’s a delivery man outside my door at this time of the day.

“It’s me, Minseo!” said a familiar goofy grin from the other side of the door.

I wasted no seconds to unlock my door, opened it and pull my unexpected visitor inside.

 

“What the hell are you doing here, Jungkook?” I asked, extremely shocked that he’s actually here. “Do you know how risky going here?” I opened my door again to look outside – making sure no one saw him come in.

Looks safe.

“Aren’t you happy to see me, Minseo?” He pouted.

“That’s not the point! Did you know how risky this is? You’re not doing your part in keeping this a secret at all, I thought that we’ve agreed already. This is so risky, Jungkook—“

“I know, I know.” He said as he pulled me into a hug – which caught me off-guard.

What-

 

“Yah. Jeon Jungkook, what do you think you’re doing?”

“I’ve been dying to hug you since I walked out of that door.” He said with a deep sigh. “I’m sorry, Noona…”

His voice is full of regret and I don’t know why but it makes my heart ache.

“This is all new to me, Noona… And I seriously don’t know what I’m doing.” He continued. “All the things I’ve said for the past couple of days and how I said it... And the stupid things I did earlier… Those are all jumbled execution of advices from the people around me coupled up with my stupid instincts.” Then he pulled away from me and look deep into my eyes.

 

“I’m too caught up in trying to impress you that sometimes it pushes me to do stupid things like earlier.” He said. “I really like you, Noona… and I’m sorry about a while ago. I’ll do better moving forward. Please forgive me?” then he gave me the bouquet.

How can I even be mad at him if he's like this?

He's just so sweet and precious...

“Thank you for these, Jungkook. These are so pretty.” I said with a smile. “and yes, I forgive you but we really need to talk things out if we wanted to push this relationship forward. A lot of things is at stake here, especially for you. We really need to think this thoroughly.”

But I got distracted since he’s suddenly grinning

“What?”

“You wanted to push this relationship forward?”

“In all the things I just said, why am I not surprised that that’s the only thing you caught.”

“Noona!!!”


 “Hey, Tae. Are you okay?” Jimin softly asked after they drop off Jungkook at Minseo’s place.

The maknae line rode the same van together since Jungkook asked them if they could accompany him to get some flowers for Minseo. Of course, after that small confrontation they saw earlier, they agreed.

“Yup.” He replied with a clipped tone. “I hope she’ll like the flowers.” He muttered while looking outside the car window.

It’s just the two of them and the company's driver in front. But even though it’s just the two of them, it’s not like this whenever they’re together.

It’s unusually quiet. 

“C’mon, Tae. I know you. Talk to me.” He called, obviously worried. He didn't replied. So, Jimin pat his shoulder to call his attention again. “You’re being close off with your feelings again. I told you, right? You can always talk to me.”

“Sorry, Jimin. I’m just…” Then he sighed.

Taehyung doesn’t really like to open up. It’s a bad habit of his, to just bottled things up and not bother anyone with his feelings.

It’s not because he doesn't trust them or anything. It’s just that, they’re too close, they’re practically a family that’s why he doesn’t want to trouble them with his feelings or make them worry.

“I’m here, I’m gonna listen, like always.” Jimin assured, when he saw the troubled expression on Taehyung’s face.

But Jimin is different, compared to the other guys, he’s closest with Jimin.

They’re always together since they joined in when they’re trainees. Next to Minseo, Jimin is probably the next closest friend he got. It’s with Jimin that he first showed his true emotions and found comfort.

He might every now and then but at times like this he knows he can lean on him.

He trusts him.

“I’m just not feeling really good lately.” He admitted with a small smile, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

Jimin's heart breaks seeing that strained smile he hates.

He knows what’s eating his friend up but he thought that if he just let him be and decide for himself, he’ll eventually come clean with his long time feelings for Minseo.

But he was wrong and he’s afraid that Taehyung is already late.

“Is this because of the confession?” He asked, carefully.

“Maybe.” Tae sighed. “Maybe not.” Then he smiled with that strained smile again. “I don’t know… Sometimes I just think that maybe… Maybe Jungkook is just young that’s why he’s braver than I am… Or maybe it’s not about being brave. Maybe, it’s just that I have a lot to lose than him. There’s just too much at stake here, you know?” Then he suddenly laugh bitterly. "Or maybe I'm just being stupid..."

Jimin thought Taehyung is thinking about his and their careers. To be honest, this is really a big risk for all of them. But they’re done with these kinds of talks. They already agreed on things when one of them chooses to date someone while they’re still in contract.

Yes, maybe Jungkook is just much braver than Taehyung. But he knows it’s not just about being brave.

It’s more than that.

When it comes to Minseo, it's always more than that.

He saw how Taehyung takes care of Minseo ever since they met. He saw how Taehyung's eyes lights up whenever he talks about Minseo or something related to Minseo.

And he saw how conflicted his eyes are when he saw the two a while ago.

 

Jimin is trying his best to be neutral to both of his brothers. He gives them both advices whenever they come to him for one.

But really, there’s just so much he can say to them or do.

In the end, it’s boils down to their actions and decisions.

“Don’t worry about Minseo too much. Even if Jungkook is young, he knows what’s he’s doing. He’ll protect her and the group as well. Just like what he promised.” He tried to assured the younger guy.

“I know, and I believe him, Chim.” He said. “Don’t get me wrong. I’m happy for them— I want to be happy for them. It’s just that…  It doesn’t feel right, it doesn’t sit right with me.”

 

“Sometimes I wonder, if maybe... I took that leap and tell Minseo how I really feel or I don’t know… tell her what I might be feeling. Will it be me that will give those flowers to her?”




 Few days ago – Hwarang Hangout Place 

Note: The three guys are obviously drinking, so they might behave differently lol.

“Those guys are whipped.” Hyungsik muttered as the others bid their goodbyes to them. “It’s not yet even midnight and they all need to go? What a bunch of puss—”

“Oh oh!” Taehyung said and softly tap his mouth. “No badmouthing the other hyungs!”

“Tch. How could they? This is the first time in a long time that we’re actually catching up.” He continued with a roll of his eyes.

“They have girlfriends that’s why!” Seojoon, one of their friends said. “So, stop mopping around and just start dating, Hyungsik.”

“Talk to yourself, Seojoon!” Hyungsik poured a drink on their cups and urge them two to follow suit and drink. “When are you gonna make things official with Minyoung, anyway?”

“At least he got someone to make things official with.” Taehyung muttered before getting his cup.

“Yah! Kim Taehyung, I heard that!”

“He’s right, man! You’re just so bitter because you got no girl in your life.” Seojoon snickered while drinking his cup.

“Hey! This kid beside me is still a ." Hyungsik stated while ruffling Taehyung's hair. "That’s a sadder life than mine.”

“Hyuuuung!” The youngest whined. “Why are you suddenly bringing up ity, we’re just talking about dating and besides~ I told you a million times, I’m saving it for my wife!”

“Or Minseo!!!” Both guys chorused, followed by their booming laughters.

“Oh my gosh, Seojoon. Finally! Something we agreed on!”

"Yeah! High-five, bro!"

 

“Yah! Yah! Why are we suddenly talking about Minseo, again?” He exasperatedly said.

“We’re gonna talk about the girl, until you get the girl!” Hyungsik continued, obviously drunk from all the drinking. “Talk it, ‘til you make it!”

“That’s not how it goes, hyung.”

“Whatever!” The older guys snapped. “Now, tell me Taehyung… Are you seriously just gonna let that kid snatch your Minseo away?”

“Kid? Who are you calling kid?” Tae asked with a tilt on his head.

“BTS’ maknae, Jeon Jungkook. Duh?” 

“Yeah, you know... Annyeonghaseyo jeoneun bangtan sonyeondan hwanggeum maknae jeon jungkook imnida!” The oldest said in full aegyo.

“Why am I even hanging out with you guys?