Injured

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Minseo 

Every day is chaotic. Ever since they’ve comeback, the whole staff and crew has been very busy. Of course, that situation with the guys isn’t different. They’re both scheduled internationally and locally – making it more hectic than the usual. They do music shows, interviews left and right and topped it off with their nightly practice for their upcoming world tour.

I know they’re really busy, but this one is crazy busy.

“I really hope they fast track the hiring process of the other staff candidates.” Yura – one of the senior coordinator in the team said. “We’ve been less in manpower for the longest time.” She sighed. “I know we only handle one group, but this is no joke.”

“I understand. They’ve been more popular since that major awards night in the US.” Jinri – the head of makeup artist said. “Oh my god. Can you believe how hectic it’s gonna be once the world tour started?”

“I don’t want to think about it, thinking about it makes it even more stressful.” Yura answered.

“But that’s a good thing, right?” I shyly added while I busy myself fixing the clothes they need to wear after the music show. “It means, they’re really getting there.” I stated like a proud mom.

“Aww~ Our innocent little Minseo.” Yura cutely said. “I always forget you’re our Taehyung-ie’s best friend.” She said, tapping my shoulder as she helps me with the clothes. “Yes, you’re right. This might be hectic, but it’s a good kind of hectic. I’m just worried about the team, you know? Of course, the boys as well.” She sighed for the nth time. “Concerts – especially tours like these are very health deteriorating. I remember what happened to Jungkook last tour – I don’t want a repeat of that anymore.” She somberly said as if remembering every detail of it.

“Why? What happened to him?” I asked curiously.

“You don’t know?” Jinri asked while walking towards our corner. “It’s in the documentary they did for that famous social platform.”

“Burn the stage.” Yura added.

“Oh… That.” I answered – realizing what it is. “I honestly haven’t watched it.” I awkwardly said.

“What? You must be kidding!” They both exclaimed, not buying what I just said.

“Yes, Taehyung asked me not to watch it… He told me it’s not for the weak soul. Hehe…” I sheepishly said. “And I’m a very weak soul… So, I promised not to watch it.”

Aigoo… Sometimes, you’re really adorable I just wanna put you in my pocket.” Yura said while pinching my cheeks.

“Aww—”

 

Our conversation got cut off when the door burst opened – with both backup dancers carrying Taehyung on his shoulder.

Before anyone could react, it was me who first walk towards the new comers.

“What happened?” I asked, concerned. Totally forgetting that Tae and I are not in talking terms.

Taehyung looked like he’s in so much pain while trying to walk with his good foot. He’s sweating a lot while he bites his lips – an obvious sign that he’s trying to hold the pain.

“He slipped again—” One of the dancers explained.

“What you mean again?” I asked back as they sit Taehyung in one of the sofas in the living room.

Taehyung is still sweating furiously so by instinct I grabbed a couple of tissue from my reach and dab it to his face softly. I think that’s the only time he realized I’m right in front of him.

“Minseo…” He hoarsely called.

Before I could even react, I was move aside by the physical trainer we have in the team. He removed Taehyung’s shoe – revealing a neatly bandage foot.

My eyes went wide seeing it the first time.

I looked worriedly to Taehyung and met his eyes, his eyes are telling me not to get worried. But too late, for that.

When did he injured his foot? Why didn’t I noticed it before?—

Because you’re busy not talking to him.

 

“I told you to be careful, Taehyung-ah.” The PT sighed as he unbandage Tae’s foot- revealing an obviously swollen ankle. I feel like all of us in the room winced seeing his foot.

What the…

“This really looks bad, Tae—”

“Just bandage it tighter, hyung.” He said, eyes looking intently to his foot.

“That won’t work, Taehyung. It needs rest, we need this to be check a.s.a.p—” But he didn’t event let the PT finish his sentence.

Taehyung is dead set to what he wants.

“Just bandage it tighter for now, hyung.” He pushed. “We still just have two songs left, then I’m going to rest—”

“Yah, Kim Taehyung!” I exclaimed, catching everyone in the room off-guard – not taking it anymore. “Are you kidding me? 2 more songs and you’re gonna injure it more! You need this to heal, you can’t work your foot much more—”

“Lee Minseo…” He warned and eyed the people around the room.

Telling me we’re at work, that I’m working as their coordinator. I’m not just his best friend but I’m an employee of Big Hit.

I need to be rational.

I took a deep breathe, look around then back at him. “What I mean is, you guys just started with your comeback. You still have a lot of schedule until the end of the month. If you don’t rest now, don’t you think it will affect the upcoming shows?” I said eyeing him intensely.

Listen to me, idiot. You’re going to hurt yourself.

No one in the room speak. Even Taehyung just stared back. Everyone is torn about what to do or what not to do.

Taehyung is still staring at me when the PT finally clear the silence.

“Taehyung, Minseo is right—”

“Hyung…” He said, clenching his jaw and finally breaking eye contact with me.

He’s not getting it.

He just doesn’t listen.

He’s still hardheaded.

I grabbed a couple of water bottles near me and excuse myself. “Kindly excuse me, I need to check the other guys...” and started walking towards the door.

“Bandage it tighter. Jebal.” I heard Tae said before I closed the door.