Fck. Did I just call her Minseo?

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Taehyung 

“Are you okay, Tae?” Hyungsik asked me for the nth time since we left the apartment.

“I told you, Hyung. I’m okay.” I snapped.

“You don’t look okay, that’s why I keep on asking. Sorry.” He replied and looked away.

I immediately felt guilty when I heard that.

“Sorry, hyung. Maybe I’m just PMS-ing today that’s why I’m moody.” I said guiltily but he just snorted.

“Seriously, Tae. Stop using that. You can’t have a PMS. You’re a guy.”

“I know. I know. It’s just a stupid habit I got from Minseo. She always says that when she’s snappy out of the blue.”

Minseo, Minseo.

Minseo on a date with Jungkook.

Ugh.

“God, why don’t you just confess to her. Go get the girl! You obviously like her.” He said, obviously frustrated by the way I act.

“What are you—”

“Don’t even try to deny it, Tae. Everyone thought the same thing. You basically talk Minseo all the time. Minseo this, Minseo that. I thought you guys are really dating and just keeping it low to avoid any scandal...”

“Hyung… She’s my bestfriend, I can’t like her like that.”

“Why not?” He asked.

If this we’re Jimin, I’ll be hearing a ‘Are you finally admitting that you like her?’

“What do you mean, why not? She’s my bestfriend! We’ve been friends since forever, I can’t just date her.”

“I repeat, Taehyung. Why not?” He challenged, which shut me up. “Is she already in a relationship? Is she currently seeing someone? Perhaps, is she already married?” He added sarcastically.

I was left speechless.

“No.”

“Then I don’t see any issues if you like her. You’re a guy and she look like an amazing and important woman to you. Whatever reasons you have in mind are merely just excuses.” He said with a tap on my shoulder. “And I know you know it.”


 Minseo 

I don’t know how long I stood up on the same place Taehyung and Hyungsik left me.

I was dumbfounded.

The realizations hit me all at once.

How stupid I am to be here outside work.

How much trouble I could be because of being here – not to add, how much trouble this would bring to Jungkook and the entire BTS… and to Taehyung.

How guilty I feel when Taehyung said those words and left me.

How betrayed he must’ve felt when he saw me here. I haven’t even tell him that I agreed to hangout with Jungkook when everyone is for sure spending their first day-off after a long time with their families or friends…

And here is Jungkook – asking to hangout with me.

How stupid of me to even go here, made an extra effort to look nicer than usual just because he asked to hangout with me.

What are you even thinking, Minseo?

What the hell has gotten into you?

The ring on my phone brought me out of my reverie.

It’s Jungkook.

 

I stare at it like it’s some kind of a bomb.

I don’t know what to do.

I need to get out of here and sort my thoughts first.

I’m being reckless and it’s gonna affect other people as well.

I’m sure as hell I’m gonna be so devastated if this irresponsibility of mine cause the guys some scandal the media is dead-waiting for.

 

“Hello?” I answered unsurely. I cleared my throat and repeated my greeting like an idiot.

“Minseo, are you okay?” Worry is obvious in Jungkook’s voice.

Of course, he’s going to get worried. It’s already 8:10 PM, a good few minutes since I last texted him since I arrived.

“Hello? Noona? Are you okay? Did something happen? I got worried co’z you haven’t arrived…”


 Jungkook 

“Hey Jungkook, we’re going to get going!” I heard Jimin called outside the bathroom.

“Yes, sure! Just lock the door when you go out.”

“Taehyung will ride with Hyunsik. I’ll drop by to the gym first then head out in a while.”

“Got it! Take care!” I said in a rush as I turn the shower off.

We did a few last-minute arrangement with the upcoming comeback that’s why we arrived home later than expected.

By the time we reached the apartment, I’m practically running towards the bathroom to take a shower.

I asked Minseo to go here after seven and it’s already 7:20 when we arrived.

I reached for my phone on the counter as I try to blow dry my hair.

 

From: Seo-Noona

The company car just dropped me off the lobby. Be there in a sec.

 

Oh shoot. She’s here!

I stopped drying my hair and put a bit of lotion on my face and some lipbalm. I grabbed a plain white shirt and my favorite sweatpants.

I looked at the mirror and see myself.

Do I look like I put any effort in meeting her or do I look like my usual self?

Ugh. This won’t do. I should probably change to jeans.

I removed my sweats and run towards my room and grabbed a good pair of jeans. I brush my hair on the side, good enough to make it look like my hair is naturally neat. Just before I exit my room I spray my favorite perfume.

Who am I kidding? Minseo saw me at my worst state already. It’s going to look weirder if I look like I dressed up too much knowing I’m just staying at home.

 

I was doing last-minute cleaning around the living room and in my bedroom – just in case.

I don’t know how long I’m panicking and cleaning stuff, but I looked at the clock and it’s already 8:10 PM.

It’s already 25 minutes since she told me that she arrived.

My throat suddenly tightens, and my chest constricts. Worry crept through my skin as I think about all the worse thing that could happened in that amount of time.

I run to my bathroom and grab my phone to call her.

I started to ring, one ring, two

Then three.

I feel like puking, four, did something happen?

Please be okay.

 

“Hello?” A quiet greeting answered.

I heave a deep sigh. Thank God. I didn’t know I was holding my breath while waiting for her answer.

I was dead worried about her.

I heard her clear and say hello again.

Something’s off.

“Minseo, are you okay?” Then the line went awfully silent.

Fck. Did I just call her Minseo?

Where are your manners, Jungkook?

You’re making this more awkward.

“Hello? Noona? Are you okay? Did something happen? I got worried co’z you haven’t arrived...” I said as I try to play it cool but I’m so flustered and worried I feel like I’m going to faint.

“So—sorry, Jungkook. Something came up.” Her voice is rushed and unusually quiet. Gone was the cheery Minseo I talked just this afternoon. “I—I don’t think I can meet you right now.” She stuttered.

I was already touching the door knob when I say: “But I thought you’re already here… What happened?” I said as I run towards the elevator. “Did I do something wrong, Noona?”

Why is this elevator so damn slow?

“No, you’re fine, Jungkook.” She quickly said – too quick. She’s lying. “Something just came up and I have to go. I’m sorry.”

I rushed to the elevator and click Lobby.

Please be there. Please be there.

“What happened? Is there an emergency? Should I bring you there—”

“No, Jungkook it’s fine.” She said quietly. “Actually, I’m already in the cab.” No.

What the hell happened?

The elevator’s door opened, and I rushed outside.

As soon as I turn right, I saw her back.

She’s holding her phone on the right and a bag of familiar chips on her left.

She even brought my favorite chips, why is she leaving?

“Sorry, I didn’t tell you a while ago. I was kinda out of it—”

“Noona.” I called to the phone and put my heart on my sleeve - or phone rather.

 

I saw her stop on her tracks.

 

 

And as if time stood still, I took a deep breath and say what’s bugging my mind for the past few weeks.

 

 

“I really like you... Do you wanna go out with me?"