The Difference

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Jungkook 
 

“How are you so strong to withstand everything?” She asked with glittering eyes full of admiration

It took me a moment to fully absorb what she’s asking.

How am I so strong to withstand everything?

It’s the first time someone personally ask me this question. Someone who actually asked it with concern and admiration - all at once.

Most of the time, people around me just assume that I’m just so great with my job. Young but strong-minded with a much stronger will. Or other times they just proceed to give me advices - since they see me as a kid.

“You are so great in singing, Jeon Jungkook. You’re also a great dancer.

Wow. You’re so talented for such a young age.”

But no one actually ask me this - How am I so strong to withstand everything?

How on earth does a kid like me withstand everything.

A kid.

I chuckled awkwardly, not knowing how to start.

 

“Uh.. sorry, don’t answer that question. I’m just... uh... That’s totally out of my place to ask—” She took my laughed the wrong way.

“Oh no, noona. It’s okay. Really.” I smiled at her gently when I saw her play with her fingers awkwardly. “I’m just... I’m just happy, I guess. Happy that you ask. That means you genuinely care...” about me.

She finally meets my gaze and smiled.

“But to answer your question, it was hard. God, it was so hard.” I sighed. “I think there are days when I just couldn’t stand it anymore. There were days when I thought if everything is still worth it. That maybe giving up was way easier than all those things combined…”

“But I’ll give it to my members... they held me well.” I smiled, thinking about our earlier days.

“They became my source of strength when I’m just too far from my comfort zone. They became my hope - that golden pot after the rainbow.” I said as I looked at her. “To be honest, I owe them a lot.” I finished and saw her staring at me, intently. “Sorry, that’s too long for an explanation.” I laughed awkwardly.

“No, no… That’s actually very beautiful, Jungkook.” She assured as she places a hand on top of mine – which she retracts immediately upon realizing what she did. “Sorry… I mean, that’s good that you gain strength from the people around you. That means you’ll be more strong-willed and braver to face anything, that whatever happens now, it doesn’t matter, co’z you have them.”

“Thank you, noona.” I said with a grateful smile as I bravely place a hand on top of hers.

She smiled in return.


 Taehyung 

 

“You at this, Hyung.” Jungkook muttered as he run past me in Mario Kart.

“I do not!” I snapped. “It’s just that I chose the wrong player, this guy is heavy.”

“Hyung… You’re using that character ever since.” He said as if it explains everything.

“Aish. This kid—”

 

*DING DONG*

 

“Get the door, Kook” I said without breaking my focus on the screen.

“I don’t want to, you’re gonna cheat!”

 

*DING DONG*

 

“Yah! Just get the door. It might be one of the staffs. They’re bringing the fans gift today.”

“Aish…” He muttered grumpily before pausing the game.

 

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

 

Once he left his controller at the coffee table, I immediately grabbed it and unpause it.

 

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

 

I’m gonna win this time!

 

“Yeontan!!” I heard Minseo’s voice from the door.

I looked towards the voice and saw my cute little dog running towards me.

“Tannie!!!” I called like a mother – missing her baby. I welcome my dog as he jumped to my arms. “Tannie~~ I miss you!!” I cooed and let him kiss me.

 

I saw Minseo walking with Jungkook on her side. They’re fighting over a couple of Gucci bags – which is obviously mine.

“It’s okay, Jungkook. Really. No worries. It’s not even heavy—”

“Nah, it’s okay, noona.” He smiled at her like a love sick.

 

Tch.

It’s been 2 days, Minseo and I are back to normal. Whatever you want to call how our normal is.

We’ve been very busy, me with the practices and performances, and her - running around when I’m near. To her benefit, despite being cold at me she still takes care of me like a good coordinator-noona that she is. 

But yeah, That’s it.

We still haven’t talked about what happened the other day in the broadcasting station but yeah, we’re civil.

Saying we’re ‘civil’ feels weird.

 

We met eyes and I saw how her smile drop. The light in her eyes gone but she tried to give me that fake smile.

“Hey Tae.” She greeted awkwardly. “I brought the gifts and also your mom asked me to bring Yeontan since I’m on the way.” She continued – not meeting my gaze.

I hate the fact that she’s so awkward to me while she’s sticking to Jungkook like a glue.

Dude, I’m your bestfriend. You’re supposed to be closer to me.

I don’t like it.

 

“Yah. Why are you so awkward?” I said, trying to ease the atmosphere around us. I shift Yeontan to my other hand and spread both arms. “C’mon and give me a hug.” I muttered and gave her a lopsided smile.

I heard her sniffle as I saw her walking towards me with unshed tears in her eyes.

“I hate you!” She hissed as she gives me a hug.

“I know. I’m sorry, okay?” I whisper to her hair as I held her. “I didn’t mean whatever I said.”

“Took you long enough.” She muttered.

“Yah! It’s hard for me, you know. You’re too focus on, Ju—” That’s when I realized that we have another company in the room. It’s not just me and Minseo.

I met eyes with the maknae and he’s awkwardly standing there, shifting his weight to one foot to another.

“Minseo. Come, let’s talk to my room.” I said to her and held her hand. “Kook, will just be in the room.” I said and saw him nod awkwardly. “Just leave the bags there, thanks man.”