How?

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Minseo 

It’s just a matter of time before the news about Taehyung’s injury hit the fans. It was all over internet. I don’t understand why I’m torturing myself by watching fancams from earlier today. It’s when he was leaving the station. He was trying his hard to walk normally – not even accepting the assistance from the staff - and trying his best to hide his limping, but he can’t hide it from me. It was so damn obvious he’s having a hard time walking.

Really. This guy is so hardheaded.

I’m scrolling through the comments when a pinned comment caught my attention.

BTSIPurpleYou: I know you don’t want to disappoint your members or the ARMYs, you’re working hard for this comeback but please please take good care of yourself. Not just to Taehyung, but to all Bangtan. What happened to guys in Burn the Stage still hunts me everytime. Take care, Bangtan!

So, it got me so curious about this documentary. Regardless of my promise to Taehyung, I searched for the Episode 1 on Youtube and watch it intently.

It was so heart warming to watch. I’m not as close as I’m with Taehyung compare to the other guys but I’ve been with them since their debut or even during their trainee days. I followed their growth ever since and I couldn’t help but to feel proud of where they are now. Finally, they’re now recognize for their talent and hardwork, not just locally but also internationally. All the hardships ever since - seems worth it, looking at their achievement now.

I watched the entire episode feeling emotional until I reached the Teaser of Episode 2. It was then they showed what happened to Jungkook.

I held my breathe when I saw him looking dead tired and helpless, I think my heart totally stopped beating when I saw them bring the portable oxygen tank and used it to him.

I was still shock when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Noona? Kinchana?

It was Jungkook. His brows are furrowed while looking intently at me, then his eyes switch to what I’m watching on my phone.

“Oh… Jungkook-ah…” I absentmindedly replied.

“You’re watching Burn the Stage?” He asked as he sit beside me.

I’m still in daze so I just nodded.

“Why?” He asked with a tilt of his head – his habit that I noticed.

“I haven’t watched it before… It’s my first time.” I said without meeting his gaze.

Chincha?” He asked disbelievingly.

“Taehyung told me not to watch it.” I explained. “He told me it’s not good for the weak soul like me.” I heard him chuckle to that.

“Well, he’s right about that.” He agreed. “You’re just in Episode 1 and it looks like you’re about to cry.” He said with a teasing smile.

“Yah!” and hit him on his shoulder – okay, that’s too much muscle Jeon Jungkook. “O—Of course.” I stuttered as I withdraw my hand. “I was worried just by watching it… I can’t imagine what your fans felt when they watched it.”

“I’m just kidding, noona.” He said. “Don’t watch it if it makes you feel sad…”

“It’s not because it’s making me sad…” I started tentatively and sighed. “It’s just that…”

“It’s just that?” He repeated, asking me to continue.

I looked at him and see his big doe eyes waiting for me to continue –

How come a kid like him bear all these things?

The pressure, the wrath and judgement eyes of the public, this industry – all the ugliness in this little world they live in - to think that he started at the young age.

How did he manage all those things that comes with this type of career?

I saw Taehyung cried his heart out a thousand times since debut but still managed to smile and perform in front of his fans.

I saw him when he was mourning when he lost his loving grandmother but still carry on with his schedule.

And a while ago…

Not just Taehyung but All of them

They hide their pain for the sake of this career. They endure everything for the sake of it.

 

Jungkook-ah…” I called.


 Jungkook 

I hid my smile when I saw Minseo sitting inside the glass conference room while watching keenly something on her phone.

I’m planning to surprise her from the back – basically to scare her, but when I’m already at her side – very near her - I still got no reaction from her.

Noona? Kinchana?” I asked worriedly as I tap his shoulder.

“Oh… Jungkook-ah…” She absentmindedly replied.

There are unshed tears in her eyes and it makes me worried even more. What made her upset like this? Or… Who?

I don’t want her upset.

I took a quick glance at her phone just to check— that’s when I saw what she’s watching.

It’s Burn the Stage.

I asked her why she’s watching it and her answer made me surprised.

“I haven’t watched it before… It’s my first time.” She said very shyly – there’s a hint of redness on her face.

Cute.

She told me Taehyung told her not to watch it because according to him it’s not good for a weak soul like her – which I agreed

“You’re just in Episode 1 and it looks like you’re about to cry.” I teased, trying to cheer her up.

I got a snort and a hit on my shoulder – good enough.

“I was worried just by watching it… I can’t imagine what your fans felt when they watched it.”

But I already zone out when she told me she’s worried.

She’s worried about something that already happened.

She’s worried about me.

She can’t help it, Jungkook. She’s your company’s coordinator after all and she’s… just… really kind.

“I’m just kidding, noona.” I said, careful not to stutter. “Don’t watch it if it makes you feel sad…”

“It’s not because it’s making me sad… It’s just that…” Then she left me hanging.

Why did you stop? Minseo, I like your voice… Speak more.

“It’s just that?” I urged her to continue.

 

Then out of nowhere she went silent as she stares directly to my eyes.

As if she’s trying to see through me.

Trying to read me.

As if she can see through my soul.

 

It’s actually nerve-wracking, to be honest.

To be seen like this by the woman you like.

 

And then she called me with her angelic voice. “Jungkook-ah…

She called my name with utter care and a hint of admiration.

 

And when I thought that I couldn’t like her more she said those words that completely wreck me.

 

How are you so strong to withstand everything?

 


A/N: Let me know what you guys think of the flow, I'm trying to fasten the storyline a bit. :)