Jealousy

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

A/N: Because you guys are the sweetest~ Double update <3 The real story starts now ;)


 Minseo 

“You look pale, Minseo. Are you okay?” Yuri asked while we watch the guys on the screen.

We’re down to a few shows this week for this album before they secretly fly to Malta for Bon Voyage and then comeback for the concert plus some quick promotions for the new songs before we fly to the US for the tour.

Define busy, right?

“Yes, I’m okay. it’s just the time of the month.” I softly said and then winced. “The first day is the worse.”

“Oh. You should’ve call-in sick. I can’t imagine how you feel right now. I know your period are the worse – I remember last month, you we’re struggling with pain” Yuri worriedly said. “But… have you gotten yourself check about the pain?”

“No worries, this is pretty normal since I got my first period and I’m taking my pain killers.”

“Okay, team!” Sunye called. “First stage is done. BTS will come in at 5, need to be done after 30 minutes. Chop chop!”

“Yes, Ma’am!” We chorused.

Despite the pain, I rushed towards the bottled waters and open 7 of them – shoot 7 straws and tried to balance it in my arms.

I started placing one of each per make-up table when the boys got inside the waiting room.

Like earlier, everyone of them gave me a knowing smile. Jungkook probably told them already – ugh this guy.

Half of them – including Jungkook went to the make-up chairs for their retouch while the other half turn to the stylists as they started to change clothes.

“Shoot. Did anyone see my lyric book?” Namjoon called, already looking very panicky while pulling out the pillows on the sofa. “I just left it here—”

“Here. You left it on the counter when you changed your cuffs a while ago.”

“Thanks, Minseo. What will I do without you?” He teased.

“You’ll probably tape in on your forehead to avoid losing it.” I snickered.

“RM. I need you in that make-up chair in 5.” Sunye called.

“Here. Stay hydrated.” I said as I passed him a bottle with straw. “Throat is the most important part to a rapper.”

“It’s not the throat, Minseo.” He winked. “It’s the flow.” And laughed out loud.

“Oh my god, Kim Namjoon. Don’t you dare do it again. I got goosebumps!” Hoseok exaggeratedly shuddered.

“You too, Hoseok. Here.” And pass him another bottle.

“Thanks, Minseo-nnie~” He sang with a teasing smile.

Ugh. I won’t be surprised if the whole staff will learn about Jungkook’s confession within this week.

Everyone’s not really subtle about it.

Except one.

 

“Hey, Tae.” I said as I pass him the bottle. “Stay Hy—” and another cramps. “…” That’s a strong one.

“Are you okay?” Taehyung asked with concern.

The whole time we’re here, he’s been avoiding my gaze – or practically me. This is the first time for today that he’s looking at my eyes.

For a minute I thought, he’s mad at me or something.

“Uh. Yeah…” I said as I press a hand on my lower abdomen.

“Is it the time of the month?” He bluntly asked, like he’s just talking about the weather.

“Tae!” I hissed, but he didn’t mind me. He just checked something on his calendar and furrow his brows.

“But it’s not your sched yet, it should be next week.” He muttered.

“Are you seriously tracking my period?” I said in a low voice.

“Well, your periods are terrible. I’d rather track it than have you die here in pain.” He said as he stood up. He went and talk to one of the runners and then pulled his wallet from his bag.

He tapped the runner’s shoulder as thanks and go to Jungkook to whisper something.

I could almost hear Jungkook’s neck snapped when he turns to me.

 

I was packing some of their accessories they just used when Jungkook went to my side.

“Seo~ Are you okay?” He asked as he reach for my hand – which I pulled immediately

“I’m okay.” I quickly said and rushed to the other side of the room.

I tried my best not to look around – just in case I look suspicious.

 

But Jungkook is persistent. He really followed me to the other side.

 

“Jungkook… What do you think you’re doing?” I hissed as I try to put a distance to us.

“Tae-hyung told me you’re not feeling well. Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked, as if he’s offended that he learned about it from someone else rather than me. “Why didn’t you just call-in sick if you’re not feeling well?”

He’s about to reach for my forehead maybe to check on me when I turn to him with a glare.

“We’ve talked about this, Jungkook.” I whispered. “We’re keeping everything a secret for now and you doing these things isn’t making this a secret.”

“Do you think anyone’s paying attention to us right now? Everyone’s busy—”

“You’re so wrong.” I hissed and turn my gaze to Sejin's spot.

“I’ll talk to Sejin-hyung if that’s the issue—”

“Jungkook, that’s not the issue. Ugh…” I’m so frustrated. He’s not listening to me. “Just stop. Let’s talk later.” I’m about to turn and leave when he grabbed my wrist to stopped me. “Jungkook!” I glared as I try to pull my hand free.

This isn’t good.

This doesn’t look friends at all.

“Jungkook, you need to stop right now or I’m going to get mad—”

“How come Tae-hyung gets to show he cares for you but not me?”

“You know that’s different, we’re bestfriends—”

 

“Uh… Excuse me.” I felt a tapped from my shoulder, I turned and saw the runner from a while ago holding a plastic bag with heat packs inside. “Taehyung asked me to give this to you, Minseo-ssi.” He added awkwardly while eyeing Jungkook and I.

I immediately pulled my wrist away from him and thanked the runner.

“Oh right. Thank you, sir.” I said.

“No worries. There’s also pain killers in there just like he said. I’m off then.” He continued and then bowed.

 

I turn to face Jungkook but he’s just looking at the plastic bag I’m holding, he got this stoic face that I’m not used to.

It's makes me uncomfortable to be honest.

 

“Jungkook--”

“You’re right. Let’s talk later.” Then he left and went out of the room.

 

I followed him with my gaze, but I’m completely stuck in this corner.

 

What’s even happening?

 

When I moved my gaze, I saw Tae eyeing me with concern. But I don't want him to worry, so I just gave him a small nod and smile as I go back to work.




 Extras  - Last Night 

 Phone Conversation 

"Aren’t you going to bed, Jungkook? It’s late."

"But I still want to talk to you."

"You seriously need to sleep, you sound sleepy. It’s okay. We can still chat tomorrow, you know."

"I’ll probably need to apologize in advance, Minseo."

"For what?"

"I’m really ecstatic that you recognized my feelings, but I know along the way I’m gonna messed it up somehow—"

"Why are you so pessimistic? Why do you keep on saying that? That’s not gonna work for your favor, you know."

"I know, but I want to be completely honest with you. My mom always tells me that honesty is the next best thing you must give in a relationship after love. So as early as now, I’m telling you all the things you might not like about me."

"Huh…"

"I’m protective and paranoid. I know you know that."

"Yeah. You really are."

Sometimes, I get insecure and jealous…

"You? Insecure? Are you kidding me?"

Yeah, that’s probably why I’m really competitive. I don’t hate losing but I hate disappointing people.

Are you really trying to win me with that? You’re so weird…

Don’t you like it?

No. You're okay.

 

It's perfect.