Best friend

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Few years ago... 

"Kim Taehyung, are you sure your mother allowed you to audition?" Minseo asked for the nth time.

"Ah... Chincha~ You're making me frustrated. I'm saying the truth for the past minutes! You can call them if you want—" He exasperatedly said. Minseo could imagine him rolling his eyes just by the sound of his voice in the phone.

"No, I know you're telling the truth. It's just that— this is so sudden you know?" Taehyung could clearly hear the worry in his best-friend's voice. "You're supposed to play the Saxophone - be a Saxophonist and now you're telling me you want to become an idol? You have this dream to be a professional musician for the longest time, Tae. And now you're switching gears co'z" She emphasized: "a noona you don't know wants you to audition— to be honest, isn't this like a scam or something—" She could hear him babbling nonsense, an obvious sign that she's really worried about him.

"Minseo... breathe." He calmly said. "It's all gonna be fine, okay? Stop worrying about me and it's not like I'm gonna pass or something. I'm just going to try— let's cross the bridge when we get there, okay?"

It was quiet for a while, that Taehyung thought he lost signal already. He even checked if the call is still connected - it's still is.

"Fine." She finally said after a minute of silence. "Call me once it's done, okay? Call me after you call your mom of course." She added with a smile.

"Arasso~"

"Yah yah. Stop talking on the phone and practice for your audition, let me know how it goes. Do well, Taetae! She cheered from the phone. She even fist her hand - as if he could see her.

"Neh~"


 Present time 

 Taehyung 

"I think Minseo is adjusting very well with the staff. I'm already hearing good feedback from Sejin-hyung." Namjoon-hyung told me as he enter the living room.

"Chincha? That's great! I'm gonna tell her that - she's going to be so happy about it." I said while closing the manga that I'm re-reading and snatching my phone from the coffee table.

 

"Pfft. I knew it." Hyung muttered after glancing in my phone - he's such a snoop. "Stop teasing her! She was so shy and red yesterday - I thought she's gonna explode!"

"Nah~ She'll be fine. I know her all my life. She can't be mad. She loves me." I said as I wiggle my eyebrows.

I snickered when I saw her reply. I could already imagine her panicking, pacing somewhere while she waits for my response.

"I don't think so~" Hyung sang before opening the snack he brought. "She maybe loves Jungkook more than you now. I heard from the guys that she's so fond about Jungkook - and that maknae is the same to her."

"Bwo?" I snapped, my fingers freeze from typing. Realizing my reaction, I try to brush it off: "Hyung~ She's not Jungkook's type." I muttered.

"You're wrong. She IS exactly Jungkook's type." He answered, munching on his snack. "She's not like those girly type of girls but she's pretty regardless." He said while raising a finger to count. "She's a good cook, She's kind, she's funny aaaaand~" He sang, irritating me. "She's older, a noona to Jungkook."

"Yah, hyung. Did you just said Minseo is pretty?"


 Minseo 

"Noona let me help you with that!" I heard a familiar voice from my back.

Without waiting for an answer, Jungkook grabbed the supplies from my hands.

"Oh, no need Jungkook. Kinchana."

"It's okay, noona. I'm on the way to the room anyway." He said with that bunny smile of his.

I thanked him and continue to walk - side by side with him.

"How's working for the company, noona? Are you having fun?" He asked.

"Of course! I'm really enjoying this job. It's sometimes hectic but it's still fun—" then I stopped upon realizing something. "Actually, today marks my first month of working here. Wow. Time flies really fast."

"Chincha? It doesn't feel like a month though... I feel like you've been working with us for years already." He laughed.

"Well you're right, since I always visit Tae whenever I'm in Seoul - especially during your comebacks." I said. "It's maybe my advantage though, that's why I got hired at the first place— and I heard you even said I'm perfect for the job!" I added.

"Oh— that... yeah. Hehe." He laughed awkwardly and suddenly turn red.

"Thank you Kookie for that!" I said as I pat his head.

"No problem, noona. Of course, you're the best!..." He exclaimed then awkwardly added: "...for this job anyway."

"Ah~ now that I think about it. I should treat you guys dinner since it's my first month!" I excitedly said.

"Are you sure?" He asked, suddenly looking worried. Why is he worried anyway?

"Of course!" I said and retrieve my phone from my pocket. "Do you have anything after 6?" I asked which he answered with a shake of his head immediately

"Let me message the group." I said once we reached the room.

I opened my messenger and scroll for BTS 8TH MEMBER group chat

Minseo: Guys! It's my first month today and I'm thinking if I should treat you food or something.

Hobihobi: Yes! Free food!

Hobihobi: Just a month? It feels like years already. CONGRATULATIONS Minseo-nnie~

Jinnie-oppa: I'd rather eat your Sundubu instead of eating overpriced food outside. I'll help you in cooking! Congratulations btw!

Jinnie-oppa: Yoongi is still sleeping but I know he'll like your treat and is happy for you. Lol.

Jiminie: Jin-Hyung is right~ it's been so long since you cooked for us. You got so busy with your job :( Congratulations, Minseo-ah~! Thank you for your hardwork!

Namjoon-leader: Congrats Minseo! Thank you for taking care of us!

Namjoon-leader: I agree, we can buy the grocery and help you cook like the usual.

Namjoon-leader: I promise not to break anything!

Taetae🐯: Yah! Why are you bothering my bestfriend? She can only cook for me and me alone! Look for your own bestfriends! Stop bothering her!

 

I couldn't help but snicker in Tae's response. This guy...

I'm already typing my response when I saw Jungkook from the corner of the room looking intently at his phone. He typed something then place his phone at his back pocket and walked out. He didn't even say bye.

 

Kookie: Hyung, she's not just yours.


A/N: Waa~ It's been so long... I still like AFF features over any other platforms. How are you guys?

It's so weird writing with Y/N as my main character. So I decided to give her a name :)