Chap 16

I'm Tired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, when will we reach Laos? We have been traveling for three days now, but we still have not to reach Laos yet. We are at the damn border but can’t get in. This situation is ridiculous. Ah hyung, say something,”

“Hyuk-ah, I understand. I’m upset too. If the weather allows us, we will reach there by tomorrow evening. Let’s check into any of the resorts for now, ok? Let’s hope that we can get into Laos tomorrow,”

 

James and Hyuk check-in the local resort and settled down for the night. Hyuk was admiring the view outside their share room while James decided to take a quick shower before going down for a food hunt. After showering in turns, they wait for the rain to slow down a bit. 

 

“Hyung…..,”

“Yes, Hyuk. What is it?”

“Come and have a look here. It’s beautiful,”

“What’s beauty….,” James's words stopped in the middle as he saw breathe taking sunset ahead of him.

“Wow, we choose the best room. This view is mesmerizing,”

 

The spring sky is a fragile, pellucid-blue. 

The clouds are frail and angel-white. 

They are carried on a light, ruffling breeze. As a misty rain still falls. It is as frail as a Scottish smirk and, its foggy dew feels like warm butter melting on a face. Hyuk was lost in his thoughts when James notices the sudden quietness beside him. The younger boy had a sad look in his eyes.

 

“Why…what happens? Do you miss your family or your hyung?” asked James to pry any conversation with him to avoid the sad feelings surrounding them.

“Yes…... this sunset reminds me of Hakyeon hyung a lot. He would loves this, especially this view,”

“Really… how can you be so sure? Has he told you before?”

“No, once Hakyeon hyung forced us to climb a mountain in Jejudo (Jejudo Island) to see the early sunrise of the year in a show called One Fine Day VIXX. Even though we don’t like to follow him in the early morning and caused tantrums, he didn’t leave us. 

 

At last, we joined him, but we dissed him jokingly saying that he is a grandpa to like these kinds of activities and continued to whine all day,” said Hyuk as he laughed a little recollect the old memory.

 

“But hyung, you know what Hakyeon hyung did in return?” James shook his head as an answer.

 

“He wished for our success, every one of us in front of the sunrise. He even treated us a meal the whole day and lifted our mood at all cost. He is a wonderful leader, hyung and, I’m always glad to meet him,” explained Hyuk and continued to enjoy the view.

 

James was happy to hear the maknae’s explanation. It defines Hakyeon’s place in that member’s heart. If only Hakyeon could know this, he will never underestimate his place in Dongsheng's life. He worth it all. 

 

________________________________

 

At Hoi An Vietnam, night time.

 

Hongbin and Ravi were strolling through the night street to experience the nightlife of the Vietnamese people who lived there. It doesn’t look that packed and busy like Myeongdong shopping street. This street is more like a relaxing park. 

 

They walk around the street, enjoying the different cultures and, bought snacks in between to fill up their almost empty stomach. As they were chatting away, something caught Ravi’s eyes. 

 

“Hongbin-ah, let’s check that out,” said Ravi as he pulled Hongbin with him to check out the weird stuff, which also looks familiar to him.

“It Is a lantern, Ravi-ah, just like the lanterns we used in the Seoul lantern festival. They even have different shapes. They have lotus too,” exclaimed hongbin excitedly.

“Want to set off some?” asked Ravi suddenly with an earnest look, and Hongbin answered it with the same look.

“Hmm. I have a wish to make and, I hope this one comes true,”

“Me too. Let’s walk along the river. I saw a cyclo (It’s like a beca in Vietnam) just now. Let’s try that too. They’re not starting anytime soon anyway,”

“Alright,” that they continued to walk again.

 

Colorful lights light up the night sky of the Hoi An city. Those two 97 liners become one with the people there as they stroll the night by hearing the Vietnam version of pansori music. They even took photos with ‘Sun Kuwong’ and ‘Doremon’ in the street.

 

“Doremon is cute. I watched Doremen show on TV when I was a child,” commented Hongbin with his signature laugh.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter