Thank you.

Forever Young

Hanbin’s POV 

 

Nightmare*

 

“You’re the bad guy so we’re throwing you in jail!” The kids shouted in unison. They all surrounded me and grabbed my arms and legs carrying off the ground.

 

“What are you guys doing to me?!” I shouted as they closed the door and locked it. I banged on the door as loud as I could but there were no reply. 

 

“let me out! I’m done playing the bad guy!!” 

 

All the kids were laughing at me the louder I cried for help. I did everything I could to get their attention. I begged, promised, and even made deals but they stood outside and laughed.

 

“Bad guys can’t come out it’s where they belong!” 

 

*End Of Nightmare*

 

I woke up due to the laughter of the kids that rang through my head. Cold chills were sent down my spine causing me to shiver in fear. I quickly got up from the couch waking Jennie up. 

 

“Are you okay?” She asked. 

 

“Yeah.. I’m fine..” I said in between my gasps and looked at our hands. Mine appeared to be holding onto hers. Feeling awkward she pulled away from my grip and got up from off the ground. I must’ve made her uncomfortable.. damn it Hanbin, again? “Sorry if scared you.” I said after seeing her fiddle around with her fingers. I noticed that she often does that whenever she’s nervous. It was kind of cute if that doesn’t sound weird?.. 

 

“I’m fine.” She replied.

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

She realized that I was staring at her hands and immediately stopped fiddling with them. 

 

“It’s odd to see Jennie Kim like this.” I joked. 

 

“To see me uptight?” She asked. 

 

“I guess you are human after all.” I was a bit relieved seeing her guard down. 

 

“No, I’m a robot.” She said sarcastically. 

 

“Robots are nice.” I raised a brow at her. 

 

She bursted out in small chuckles confusing me. Did I say something funny? 

 

“You’re still a dork” she playfully said taking me aback. I didn’t expect her to be like this considering her cold aura. 

 

“Dork?” I said in disbelief.

 

“Nothing. did you have a bad dream?” 

 

I looked at her and wanted to laugh but kept my cool.

 

“Yeah I think it was because of you.” I said pointing at her hair. She turned around and saw her reflection in the mirror. 

 

“My hair?!!” She shouted. Her cheeks were turning red from embarrassment. 

 

“What’s with the yelling? My head is killing me.” Jisoo said rubbing her eyes. “Oh my...! You look like a beast.”  She added.

 

 

End of POV 

 

Jennie sent death glares to Jisoo. 

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Jisoo asked, not having a single clue about what happened last night. 

 

“You really don’t remember?” Jennie said in disbelief. 

 

“Wait did I-?” 

 

“Yes! You are correct!” Jennie began clapping her hands. 

 

“Yeah you’re the real beast here.” Bobby added.

 

 

*Flashback*

 

“Hey I think Jisoo is a little too drunk..” Bobby said rubbing he back of his neck. Jennie followed him to the 1st living room and saw Jisoo pouring herself another shot of Soju. 

 

“That’s enough!” Jennie snatched the bottle from out of her hands. 

 

“Hey! Hand me back the bottle!” Jisoo whined.

 

“She can sleep in the guest room.” Bobby explained and began cleaning up the mess.

 

Jennie nodded her head and wrapped one of Jisoo’s arms around her. With all her strength she helped Jisoo up from the ground. 

 

“Here let me help you.” Bobby said wrapping Jisoo’s other arm around his shoulders. 

 

“Give me the mic! I’m suppose to have my solo!!” Jisoo shouted. She began pushing Jennie and Bobby away from her breaking free from their support. 

 

“If you really! Really love me-“ Jisoo sang passionately. 

 

“If you really love me, please cooperate Jisoo!” Jennie argued while attempting to pick her up again. 

 

“Is she normally like this?” Bobby asked.

 

“Uh Yeah when she drinks past her limit.” Jennie said annoyed at Jisoo’s actions. 

 

~~~~~~

 

They both laid Jisoo down onto the bed gently. 

 

“I’ll go back and clean up.” Bobby said excusing himself. 

 

“Alright.” Jennie replied. She looked at Jisoo and covered her with the blankets Bobby had provided. 

 

“It’s so hot!” Jisoo complained while kicking the blankets and Jennie off of the bed. 

 

“Kim Jisoo!” Jennie shouted. She got up from the ground and pulled the blankets on Jisoo. Wrapping her in it. 

 

*End Of Flashback*

 

 

 

“Give me the mic! I’m suppose to have my solo! If you really! Really love me!” Bobby grabbed the remote in substitute as a mic. He began imitating Jisoo’s dancing yesterday and the way she acted. Causing everyone to laugh at her. 

 

Hanbin’s laugh caught Jennie’s attention. Even if she only saw the side of his face she liked it. Liked, seeing him happy in general. It was very rare to see him this way and it appeared that Bobby was really the only person who could do that. 

 

Fed up with Bobby’s accurate demonstration. Jisoo threw one of the couch pillows at him.

 

“Are you asking for a death wish?” Jisoo threatened. 

 

“Before beauty and the beast leaves let me make some sandwiches. Bobby teased and stuck his tongue out at Jisoo. 

 

“Bobby!” Jisoo quickly got up and chased him around the house cursing at him. 

 

Hanbin and Jennie were laughing as they saw Bobby run pass the living room they were in twice.  

 

“You’re dead when I catch you!” Jisoo shouted. 

 

Hanbin’s smiled formed into a grin as he looked at Jennie. 

 

“If anything you’re the beast.” He joked.

 

“You were holding onto this beast’s hand tightly last night. Sleeping beauty.” Jennie said back firing Hanbin’s joke. 

 

“Thank you.” Hanbin said.

 

“Huh?” Jennie was confused. He thanked her for making fun of him? 

 

“Come eat! the sandwiches are done!Jisoo interrupted. 

 

~~~~~

 

The three of them sat at the dining table. Waiting for Jisoo to hurry up before eating. 

 

 

While looking for her phone, Jisoo saw the text message Jennie received. 

 

“I’ll pick you up at your dorm tonight. This is my number by the way. -J.B.”

 

Jisoo read the message and let out a heavy sigh. She was saddened by how naive Jennie was. 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Bobby’s phone began ringing, receiving a call from Yunhyeong. 

 

“Yeah?” Bobby answered. 

 

“Did you forget that we have practice this morning?” Yunhyeong asked. 

 

“Oh ! Is coach pissed at me?” Bobby said putting his sandwich in the fridge.

 

“Damn right. He made us run 4 miles and it’s going to cost you, everyone’s pissed off.” Yunhyeong explained.

 

“Alright alright. I’m on my way.” Bobby hung up the phone. 

 

“Something wrong?” Hanbin asked.

 

“Yeah I forgot about practice and coach is killing them.” Bobby quickly grabbed his car keys from off the counter. “I’ll see you guys later.” He added and sprinted out the house.

 

~~~~~

 

Bobby’s POV

I saw a black BMW parked in front of the gym. I immediately knew that it was my dad. 

 

I slowly walked towards him. He was waiting for me with his arms crossed and a cd in his hand.

 

“You’re making music?” He asked. 

 

“U-uh Yeah...” 

 

“Is that why you’ve been missing practice?! So it’s not study hall is it?!” 

 

“I do go to practice and sometimes when I don’t have study hall I’ll head to the studio.” I explained. I knew there was nothing I could do or say to change how angry he was. I saw fire beaming from his eyes. 

 

He was fed up. He broke the disc into twos and threw it on the ground. “With this garbage you’ll never make it far! Focus on basketball while I’m being nice.”

 

“Why can’t I make music?” I asked receiving a slap to my face.  

 

“You want to make music while the championships are coming up?! Do you really want to make me look bad?! There are people out there wanting to draft you! But you focus on this crap?!” He shouted. I watched as he cracked his knuckles. He usually does that whenever he’s going to beat me up. 

 

“I’m trying my best.” This time I received a punch across the face causing me to land on the ground. He grabbed me by the collar picking me up. 

 

“You better try harder to get drafted. I don’t want your skills wasted on some low life dream. So get your damn act together you hear me?” He let go of My collar and dusted himself off. 

 

 

I watched him order his men to start up the car as he began walking towards it. 

He never looked back at me nor checked if I was okay. It never mattered to him. 

I wiped the blood from my mouth and clenched my fists. I felt hopeless. The one thing I actually enjoyed doing was taken away from me. Just like that, a wave of sadness and anger rolled into me. 

 

End of POV 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Hanbin crept into his house signaling his mom to keep quiet. He had a toy inside the bag he was carrying and wanted to surprise his little sister Hanbyul. 

 

“Hanbyul! Come to the kitchen I made some brownies!” Hanbin’s Mom shouted. 

 

“Okay!” Hanbyul sprinted towards the kitchen only to see Hanbin smiling at her. 

 

“Hanbin!” She said with joy and ran into his arms. Giving him a big hug. 

 

“Did you miss me?” Hanbin asked.

 

“I missed you a lot!” Hanbyul whined. 

 

“I got you something.” Hanbin said and took the toy out of the bag. “Ta-da!” He added at the end. 

 

“Slime and legos?! Thank you!” She gave him another yet long hug. 

 

“Are you gonna let go?” He chuckled.

 

“Only if you promise to help me build the Legos.” Hanbyul said.

 

“Alright alright, I’ll help you.” 

 

Hanbyul pulled away from the hug and jumped up and down with joy. She rarely got to see Hanbin due to him being busy with school. So it was exciting whenever she did get the chance to see him.

 

“Yay!!” Hanbyul said and ran to the living room. 

 

 

 

“Hanbin-Ah.” His Mom said. 

 

“Yeah?” 

 

“Your brother should be coming back to Korea soon.” She explained. It wasn’t easy for her to let out but she had to let him know. It was very hard to see her two sons fight. She hated it with all her heart. 

 

Hanbin’s smile disappeared into a straight line. Blood began boiling up in his body. Just the thought of him pissed Hanbin off.

 

“I’ve got to go. Tell Hanbyul I’ll visit her another time.” Hanbin said. 

 

“Hanbin!” His Mom tried stopping him but he refused to listen to her yap about his brother. She knew how much it bothered him but still does it. He closed the door behind him and let out a heavy sigh. 

 

His mom locked the door up and watched as Hanbin drove off. She couldn’t help but cry. It was hard for everyone. She didn’t know what to do to make her sons get along again. 

 

“Mom... did Hanbin leave?” Hanbyul said slowly approaching her mom. She up the tears not wanting to show Hanbyul this side of her and smiled.

 

“Yeah he has to go back to school. He wanted me to tell you that he’ll come back very soon!” 

 

Hanbyul pouted and lowered her head. “Are you okay mom?” 

 

“Of course I am honey.” 

 

“But I saw you crying?...” Hanbyul said.

 

“Only because I miss your brother.” She said and wrapped her arms around Hanbyul. 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Jennie’s POV

I received another text message from Jaebum telling me that he was outside waiting for me. I smirked and made my way out the door. 

 

 

He was down the steps dressed in a caramel fancy looking suit. Meanwhile all I had on was some ripped up jeans, Gucci shoes and a supreme shirt. I didn’t bother to dress up because all I wanted was his explanation not all this extra stuff he had planned. 

 

“You look... like you.?” He said and handed me a rose. So cliché, it’s just like him to do this. I was laughing in the inside but kept my cool on the outside. 

 

“Thanks.” I smiled and accepted the Rose. 

He opened the passenger door for me and waited until I entered to close it. 

 

 

“I’m sorry it took me so long to finally start acting like a man. Opening the door, giving you flowers and all.” He explained. Woah.. am I hearing this right? Did he perhaps get knocked on the head by some sense? 

 

“Eh, doesn’t matter to me anymore.” I said coldly. I looked at his hands which were gripped on pretty tight to the steering wheel. He probably feels pretty tense. I smirked. 

 

~~~~~

 

We entered the restaurant and followed the waiter to the seats Jaebum reserved. 

I can’t lie, the food looked absolutely delicious and the smell was calling my name. 

 

“I ordered the steak to be cut up so you wouldn’t have to struggle cutting them.” He explained and shoved a slice into his mouth. 

 

“So kind of you.” I said sarcastically. 

 

“I know what I done in the past was stupid. I wouldn’t blame you, for hating me or cursing out my name in vain. I totally deserve it and I deserve all the hatred you built up for me. It was hard wasn’t it?” He said. I almost wanted to cry... Almost. But what he said sounded skeptical. I didn’t see any meaning in his eyes. 

 

“It wasn’t hard at all. I actually got over you in a couple of weeks.” I answered. 

 

“A-a couple of weeks?” He asked. 

 

“Mhmm.” I had him right where I wanted. All tensed up and caught up in my scheme. 

 

“Oh well I’m still sorry about that.” He said barely managing to sip the wine he ordered. 

 

“What happened to you and the girl you cheated on me with?” I asked getting straight to the point.

 

“She cheated on me...” his eyes were filled up with tears. “After experiencing what it’s like to get cheated on. I immediately put myself in your shoes. Did she hurt this much? Did she cry this much? Did she drink this much? All the questions I asked.” The tears broke out from his eyes and rolled down his face. He was serious after all... yet here I am with an evil plan to hurt him when all he wanted to do was apologize. Ugh Jennie you’re the real jerk here.. 

 

“I did drink a lot. Most nights I cried in bed while cursing your name out. I did hurt a lot to the point where I no longer could trust anyone.” I explained. He grabbed my hands and held it. 

 

“I’m sorry for putting you through that. You didn’t deserve it. If I could go back in time to change that I would... I would do anything to go back to where it was just us.” 

 

“I don’t think I can do that.” I slipped my hands out of his grip. 

 

“I’m not forcing you to but I want you to know something Jennie. I want you to know that I’m going to start over with you, step by step. Friends, and then work my way up.” He explained. He had determination in his eyes. Usually whenever he wanted something he had to have it, that’s just how he is so I could tell he was serious. It was shocking to me though how much he reflected on his actions. 

 

End of POV 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Bobby got out of the shower drying his wet hair with a towel. Making sure he saw things correctly, Hanbin grabbed his arm and pushed it out of the way. There were bruises around his mouth and a slightly purple, blueish bruise on his cheek. Hanbin didn’t have to ask twice. He already knew what had happened and it pissed him off.

 

“He hit you again?” Hanbin asked.

 

“It was my fault.” Bobby answered.

 

“It’s always your fault. What’d he say this time?” 

 

“He found out I was making music....” 

 

Hanbin gritted his teeth. “That’s why?” 

 

“It’s my fault for hiding it behind his back.” 

 

“Shut up man. None of this is your fault!” Hanbin shouted. 

 

Bobby didn’t dare to look him in the eyes. 

 

“We ran out of band aids. I’ll go to the store and get some more of it and ointment.” Hanbin explained and grabbed his coat. 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

“Thank you for a good night back in Seoul.” Jaebum said wrapping his arms around Jennie. He smiled at her and went back into his car. 

 

“Goodnight” Jennie waved goodbye to him as he drove off. 

 

She saw a familiar figure walking towards the steps. She squinted her eyes and realized that it was Hanbin. She barely recognized him with that hat and coat he was wearing.

 

“Did you cause some trouble?” Jennie joked. 

 

“Surprisingly, no. How about you? Why are you out so late.” Hanbin asked.

 

“I was eating dinner.” 

 

“Oh so you were on a date?” 

 

“Just listening to my ex’s explanation and apology.” Jennie explained. 

 

“Don’t take him back.” Hanbin said coldly.

 

“I’m not, why does everyone think that?” Jennie chuckled.

 

“You don’t want to end up like me. It and it’s definitely a waste of time.” He let out a sigh that turned into fog from how cold it was outside.

 

“Are you saying that you’ve been through this?”

 

“Yeah. Why go back to the past and receive all that unnecessary pain?” 

 

Jennie felt his grief.. the words he said targeted her heart making her remember the pain Jaebum had once brought to her. 

 

“All I wanted to hear was his apology and the reason why he did it.” Jennie replied

 

“Sometimes things are better, left unsaid.”

 

“Wow, I didn’t expect you to be this type of person” 

 

“It would to see you go through the same thing I went through.” He explained. He believed that no one deserves to feel what he once felt.

 

“What happened to you? Exactly.” Jennie asked. Curious of who or what had hurt him this much.

 

“I was cheated on. I caught her wrapped in my brother’s arms.” It was odd. Hanbin felt like he could trust Jennie with these type of things. 

 

“Why did he treat you this way?” 

 

“He was jealous of me and hated how I got everything handed to me. His friend hated me more though. His friend is the reason why I would always get beat up.” Hanbin unleashed the suffering pain he bottled up but it only caused him to feel paranoid. 

 

“I don’t understand how cruel kids can be.” Jennie replied. She noticed the box of bandaids and the little box of ointment in his hands. “Are you hurt somewhere?” She added.

 

“It’s for Bobby.” Hanbin answered.

 

“Oh what did he do?” 

 

“He hurt himself during practice.” Hanbin lied and walked up the steps. 

 

“We should probably into our dorms it’s getting late.” Jennie suggested. Truth is she was freezing from how cold it was outside. All she had on was a T shirt that didn’t keep her warm but she toughened it out only because Hanbin was here. 

 

“And cold.” Hanbin chuckled. 

 

“You should smile more often. It suits you.” Jennie said shyly. As soon as hanbin heard that he stopped smiling. He didn’t even realize that he was smiling in front of Jennie which shocked him. 

 

“You should check the weather forecast more often.” He replied.

 

“You know, the guy usually offers his coat in situations like this.” Jennie explained. 

 

“But your dorm is just right there?” Hanbin  said.

 

“Right, goodnight.” She said walking towards her dorm.

 

“Thanks for staying by my side that night. I know it must have been weird but I really needed it.” Hanbin explained. 

 

“Oh.. you’re welcome.” Jennie said in confusion. 

 

“Goodnight.” Hanbin said and entered his dorm.