Our past, slowing eating our future

Forever Young

The next morning

 

 

 

Due to the loud music coming from the kitchen Jennie woke up. Frustrated with Jisoo being hyper, Jennie walked out of her room and to the living room.

 

“Ah Good morning!” Jisoo shouted. 

 

“Morning.” Jennie replied while rubbing her eyes. 

 

“I made pancakes, eggs, and sausage.” Jisoo began placing all the plates of food on the table. Setting it nicely as if she were serving at a restaurant. 

 

“I’ll let you being hyper in the morning pass since I’m starving.” Jennie joked.

 

“Come on, you love my singing.” Jisoo continued singing the lyrics to the song. Jennie looked at her and chuckled. 

 

“Woah....” Jennie was left speechless. 

 

“What?” 

 

“The pancake... is amazing!” Jennie teased. Nearly making Jisoo have a heart attack. 

 

“You scared me.” Jisoo said cutting her pancake into slices. 

 

“Jisoo.” 

 

“Huh?”

 

“Have you ever encountered someone with really bad anxiety?” Jennie asked considering what she saw yesterday. 

 

“I don’t know if you want to call it anxiety but yeah kind of?” 

 

 

*Flashback*

 

It was Friday, 9:50 pm. The night Bobby lost his first and last basketball game as a high school student. He failed to guard the offensive team and was badly fouled causing them to score a shot. The game was rigged that night due to the opponents ref. 

 

 

The game ended with the other teams loud cheers. Not believing this Bobby rushed towards the ref. His body filled with anger. 

 

“This isn’t fair! You didn’t call a foul on him!” Bobby grabbed the ref by his collar. 

 

“You should have blocked him better.” The ref attacked. 

 

“He charged at me! But you just let it pass!” Bobby shouted. 

 

“Are you calling me a fake?!” The ref pushed him away, dusting himself off. 

 

Leaving himself no choice Bobby dropped to his knees. “Please... if you don’t call that foul-“

 

“It’s already too late kid.” 

 

Bobby grabbed onto the ref’s leg, desperately begging. “Please! You just admitted to it! Please sir you have to call that foul.” 

 

“Get the hell off of me!” The ref kicked Bobby off of him and walked away. 

 

“Bobby!” Jisoo shouted. She rushed down the bleachers making her way towards him. He didn’t say a word but just stared blankly at the ground. Hanbin hurried over to them lightly panting. 

 

“Are you okay?” Hanbin asked.

 

“This game.. it was rigged. The ref knew but didn’t say anything about it.” Bobby let out. Hanbin searched the room with his eyes. 

 

“I’ll go find that bastard!” He gritted his teeth and hurried with his search. 

 

“It’s just one game Bobby.” Jisoo said.

 

“One game costs me.” He said confusing Jisoo.

 

“You’re a great basketball player. Don’t let one game ruin you!” Jisoo explained. 

 

“I can’t let my dad know that I lost!” Bobby freaked out. 

 

“Calm down Bobby, you’ve been doing great this whole season.” 

 

“No.. no! I can’t let my dad find out!..” Bobby got up from off the ground. His breath began turning into gasps. His eyes wandered around the room as if he was lost. Jisoo watched him in confusion as he broke a sweat. She grew worried for him and grabbed his hand. 

 

“Bobby! What’s wrong?!” 

 

“Don’t let my dad find out about this okay?!” He begged. You could hear the desperateness in his cracked voice. 

 

“Okay okay! Just calm down first!” 

 

“I’m scared.” He said under his breath. Scared? Was that even a word in Bobby’s vocabulary? Jisoo studied his body language and the look on his face. Trying to make sense of this. 

 

“Don’t be scared, I promise I won’t tell him.” Jisoo smiled. Just like that, Bobby began to slowly calm down. His pulse returning to its normal rate. Jisoo’s smile had some kind of charm to make his worries disappear. Suddenly he felt relieved. He looked down at their hands and pulled her into his embrace. Jisoo was shocked but she understood that he was only doing this for comfort. Believing what she thought, was completely wrong. She just never thought of Bobby in that way but why was her heart feeling as if someone lit it on fire? 

 

 

*End Of Flashback*

 

 

 

 

“Why do you ask?” Jisoo added. 

 

“I was just wondering.” Jennie replied. She couldn’t stop thinking about how afraid she was yesterday to see Hanbin in that state. It bothered with her head, refusing to leave her thoughts. 

 

 

~~~~~~    (~) This symbol means that the scenes have changed. I hope this is helpful! :D  

 

 

Hanbin’s POV

Jennie probably thinks I’m weird now.. Damn it Hanbin you shouldn’t have done that! I kept cursing myself out after the incident that happened. It was embarrassing, I bet she was frightened by me.. I let out a heavy sigh and continued walking through the campus. Only to see her with Jisoo. Just my luck... 

 

“Hanbin, Where’s Bobby?” Jisoo asked. 

 

“I don’t know he didn’t come home last night.” I answered. My eyes met with Jennie. She suddenly looked away from me. I must’ve made her uncomfortable.. 

 

“He was suppose to call me but never did.” Jisoo said in a worried tone. 

 

“Have you checked the gym? He’s probably practicing.” Jennie suggested. 

 

“Right, hopefully he’s there.” Jisoo said walking away. 

 

“Where are you going?!” Both Jennie and I said in unison. 

 

“To the gym!” Jisoo shouted back. 

 

It was just her and me. I cleared my throat in attempt to create a conversation.

 

“I-I’m sorry about last night.” I apologized. She looked up at me.

 

“Why did you freak out over a handkerchief?” 

 

“It’s not the handkerchief I could care less about it.” 

 

“Oh it’s the necklace?” She asked 

 

“I’m sorry if I frightened you. It must’ve been odd to see me like that.” I said avoiding the question. 

 

“It’s fine I understand that the necklace means a lot to you but can I ask you something?” 

 

“What?” 

 

“Did something happen? Like couldn’t you have waited the next day to get It?” She said in confusion. 

 

“Have you guys seen the new student?” Yunhyeong interrupted. 

 

“New student?” I asked and looked at Yunhyeong’s pointed direction. 

 

The student had some kind of wicked and confident look that bothered me. He looked over at us and smirked. I noticed he wasn’t staring at us but Jennie instead. 

Suddenly he squeezed through the crowd of girls and walked over here. 

 

“It’s been a while.” He smiled. Awhile? Do him and Jennie know each other?

 

“Yeah... it has..” Jennie replied. I stared down at her fingers as she was fiddling with them. They didn’t say anything but stare at each other. 

 

“Excuse us.” Jisoo said butting in. She dragged Jennie with her leaving us alone. 

 

“I’m Yunhyeong.” 

 

“Jaebum.” He replied coldly. 

 

“That’s Hanbin and Bobby.” Yunhyeong explained. 

 

I didn’t say anything but nodded my head. 

 

“Hanbin and I are going to see what those girls are up to.” Bobby said excusing us. 

 

 

End of POV 

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

 

Jennie’s POV 

Jisoo dragged me towards the gym where no one was around. 

 

“Thanks.” I said feeling a little at ease.

 

“What is Jaebum doing here?” Jisoo argued.

 

“Don’t ask me. I have no clue and what was that dumb smirk?” I said annoyed.

 

“Did he say anything?” 

 

“It’s been a while” I recited.

 

“I don’t approve of this.” 

 

“Approve of what?” I said in confusion.

 

“It’s obvious he wants to get back with you.” Jisoo rolled her eyes. 

 

“What? You’re being delusional..” 

 

“What kind of ex says, it’s been a while. Unless they’re trying to get back with you?” 

 

“You watch way too much dramas.” I chuckled. 

 

“Jennie I’m being serious. Don’t you dare fall for his tricks.” 

 

“Alright alright. I won’t.” I slowly began fiddling with my fingers. Why is he here? A thousand of questions filled my mind. All questions I wanted to ask him. 

 

“Oh you two were here all along?” Bobby said with an arm wrapped around Hanbin. 

 

“Yeah we just needed to discuss something.” I lied. 

 

“Do you know him?” Hanbin asked coldly. 

 

“High school friends is all.” Jisoo jumped in saving me.

 

“Forget about him, are you two busy tonight?” Bobby asked. 

 

“Yeah I have to-“

 

“No.” Jisoo interrupted. I sent her death glares for speaking for me. 

 

“Perfect! Come by our man cave around 8 I’ll text the address to you guys.” Bobby explained. 

 

I looked at Hanbin but all he gave me were cold stares. It’s like one minute he’s sweet and forgiving then the next he’s all cold. What’s with him? I watched as he pulled his phone out. He looked at it for a few seconds and locked it. 

 

“I’ll catch up with you guys later.” He said excusing himself. 

 

“It’s probably Nayeon.” Bobby said. 

 

“Nayeon?” I asked.

 

“His beloved ex.” Jisoo said sarcastically.

 

“Bastard doesn’t know where his pride is.” Bobby explained.

 

“Did something happen?” 

 

“Yeah she fooled with him.” Jisoo said.

 

“I know how that feels.” I accidentally slipped out. 

 

“You do?” Bobby asked. He raised a brow at me, curious of what I meant.

 

“Sadly, yes.” I replied. 

 

“So the girl with straight A’s and the looks of a model has been cheated on?” Bobby said putting the pieces together.

 

“Bobby” Jisoo said annoyed.

 

“It’s fine. And yes.” I said answering his question. 

 

“Jennie you didn’t have to answer this idiot.” Jisoo comforted.

 

“It was a couple of years ago. I’m fine.” I forced my lips into a smile. 

 

End of POV 

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

Nayeon looked around the cafe admiring how well decorated it was. She checked her watch and tapped her fingers on the table while waiting for Hanbin. The bells on the door rang once someone entered and it appeared to be Hanbin. 

 

“Right here!” Nayeon waved her hand. Hanbin walked over to her and sat down. 

 

“What is it?” Hanbin said coldly.

 

“Were you that mad? You went way too far and even broke the motorcycle I bought you.” Nayeon said taking a sip of her drink.

 

“You said we shouldn’t keep things that we have or gave each other.” Hanbin recited. 

 

 

 

*Flashback*

 

Hanbin stood outside of Nayeon’s house waiting for her to come out. She had contacted him earlier so that they could talk. 

 

“Good morning.” Hanbin said with his raspy voice. It sounded like he has been crying all night. He had bags under his eyes and he looked restless. 

 

“Good Morning.” Nayeon replied.

 

“Is there something you need?” Hanbin asked. Nayeon grabbed his hand and held it. She felt a storm of guilt rain over her. 

 

“Throw out everything we ever bought or gave to each other alright? There’s no use for it anymore. If we’re going to stay friends I would like to start with that.” Nayeon explained. 

 

“You want me to just throw everything away?” Hanbin said not believing the words that were coming out of . 

 

“I’m not asking for too much Hanbin.” 

 

He pulled his hand away from her and slipped it into his pocket. 

 

“How could you say that? Do I even mean something to you? What we had, is it just a waste to you?!” Hanbin argued. Tears slowly rolled down his face. 

 

“You mean everything to me! What are you talking about?!” Nayeon defended. 

 

*End Of Flashback*

 

 

 

Remembering what she had said back then slapped her back in the face real hard. 

 

“That motorcycle meant a lot to me.” Nayeon barely managed to let out. 

 

“You can always buy a new one.” Hanbin replied. 

 

“Can you stop acting like this?! For once.” Nayeon begged. 

 

“Let’s not do this here.” Hanbin said under his breath as everyone’s eyes were stuck on them. 

 

Nayeon noticed that they caught the attention of everybody in the room and decided to take advantage of it. “No, why can’t you just cooperate with me? I care about you so much Hanbin. I’m tired of fighting with you..” She barely finished the last sentence as tears were flushing her eyes out. She let out small sobs capturing everyone’s sympathy. Not wanting to play the bad guy, Hanbin wrapped his arms around her. Every memory they shared suddenly scattered throughout his brain. He remembered the first time they hugged, the first time they kissed, and the first time he told her he loved her. Even if they ended on bad terms he still cherished the good times they shared. The rosy scent of hers struck his nostrils. He remembered how much he loved it. Everyone glared at him making it uncomfortable. With that, he tightened the hug to make it seem realistic. 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Jennie placed the text book down, sighing in frustration. 

 

“Hi.” Jaebum said startling her.

 

Jennie glared at him and looked back into her book. 

 

“As expected, you’re still smart and dedicated.” He joked. 

 

“Why are you acting like this?” Jennie said coldly. She was annoyed at the fact that he acted all happy and smiley. When he was the jerk who hurt her. 

 

“Woah feisty still?” Jaebum chuckled. 

 

“You think this is funny?!” Jennie broke out. She was fed up with his acts and wanted to get straight to the point. 

 

“Of course not. I’m sorry for being childish. You’re probably wondering why I’m here huh?” He said in a serious tone which surprised Jennie. 

 

“Yeah why are you here?” Jennie argued.

 

“I miss you.” 

 

The words Jennie wanted to hear 2 years ago didn’t affect her anymore. She was over it. 

 

“And I want to change things for the better. I want to prove to you that I will never make the same mistake again.” He added. She hated how right Jisoo was about things like this. Guess all her drama watching paid off. 

 

“Oh really?” Jennie said sarcastically.

 

“How about this? You, me, and Friday night.” He explained. 

 

“You can’t just pop out of no where and try to ask me out on a date Jaebum, that’s not how it works.” 

 

“I feel like I have some explaining to do just to set things straight. Please Jennie.. I’ll buy you flowers, gifts, anything. I’ll even serenade you right now.” Before he could begin singing Jennie reached over the table and covered his mouth. 

 

“Fine! Just one date.” Jennie gave up in defeat. 

 

“Thank you.” He smiled. 

 

 

~~~~~~

 

“Mom! Which one looks better? This white crop top? Or this black laced shirt?” Jisoo asked. Her mom focused on the littlest details of the shirts. Comparing them with her eyes to see which one would look good on Jisoo, visually. 

 

“The black laced shirt. No! The white crop top. Ugh! I don’t know Jisoo you look great in everything.” Her Mom smiled.

 

“Thanks but that doesn’t help.” Jisoo chuckled. 

 

“Where are you headed anyways?” She raised a brow at her.

 

“Bobby and Hanbin’s man cave. He said it was a surprise.” Jisoo explained.

 

“Ahh I get it now. You’re dressing up for Bobby?” Her Mom teased. 

 

“Mom!” Jisoo whined.

 

“I’m kidding.” She chuckled. 

 

“Where’s dad by the way? Isn’t he suppose to be home?” Everyday her dad grew suspicious. Jisoo was not ready to believe Bobby’s theory. 

 

“Oh he’s working overtime.” Her Mom said. 

 

“Again?” 

 

“You know your dad’s a busy man. Now go and have some fun don’t worry about your dad.” She smiled. 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

Jennie’s POV 

I followed the address that Bobby sent me and arrived at a big house with a black gate guarding it. There was a note sticking out of the mailbox. 

 

“Might be a little late due to practice but make yourself at home. -Bobby.” 

 

I looked around the yard confused on how I was suppose to get in. When suddenly my phone vibrated. I pulled it out of my purse and read the text message Bobby sent. 

 

“Just show your guys face at the camera and the gate should open.” 

 

I searched around to find the camera and stood up straight. Letting it read my face for identification. A few seconds passed and the gate opened, letting me enter. 

 

Wow their hideout is pretty nice. The grass was cut nicely and the plants looked as if they had enough water. The lights  as soon as I began walking towards the door. I turned the knob and walked in. It was surprisingly clean. I kind of expected it to be messy due to Bobby’s really out going personality. I sat my purse down on the counter and roamed around the living room. A black scratched up picture frame that stood on top of the bookshelf caught my eye. I picked it up and realized that it was Hanbin. He looked like he was in elementary. His parents stood behind him and what appeared to be his brother that stood to the right of him. I never knew he had a brother? He doesn’t seem to talk about him.. I heard music in a distant coming from one of the rooms which snapped me back into reality. Am I not the only one here? I rolled my hand into a fist and slowly followed the sound of the music. 

 

“I feel like I pushed and shoved my way into

Your heart, though it never had a place for me

I feel uneasy seeing you with your emotions mixed up

Unable to get a grip

You’re apologetic to me

But that hurts my heart even more

We just weren’t meant to be

Our farewell is the key

You look much happier by his side

I can’t even compare

I’m breaking up with you right now” 

(Hanbin’s rap in “Just Go”)

 

It sounded like Hanbin’s voice. I carefully listened to the lyrics and was touched by it. He must be hurting to be able to write such a song.. 

 

“That was beautiful.” I said clapping my hands. He looked surprised and quickly shut off his laptop. 

 

“D-did you hear that?” He asked. It was kind of cute to see how off guard he was. 

 

“I never knew you could write songs, let alone rap.” I said.

 

“Are those two not here yet?” 

 

“No, I guess were early. How long have you been doing this?” 

 

“I started rapping when I was around 8 years old but really started to produce my own songs in middle school.” He explained. 

 

“You’re mysterious...” it’s like everyday I learn something new about him. “You even have a older brother?” I added. His eyebrows pulled down together creating a straight line. He stared at the ground and let out a sigh before looking at me. 

 

“I do. Who told you about that?” 

 

“I saw a picture frame out there. I envy you, I’ve always wanted siblings.” I explained. 

 

“Don’t envy me. That bastard isn’t my brother.” He denied.

 

“Why do you say that?..” some dark emotion overshadowed him. 

 

“I use to get punk around a lot.” 

 

“Wasn’t he there to help you?” 

 

“That coward was afraid of getting laughed at that he’d even join his friends whenever they picked on me.” His voice grew more angry each time he spoke. I wondered how could his own brother do that to him? What a mess his child hood must’ve been.. all I could think about was how much he struggled with it and how it probably affected him mentally. Was that the reason why he freaked out that night? 

 

“Come out in the living room!” Bobby barged into the room. I quickly got up from the chair and followed him out. 

 

Jisoo held a bottle of soju up in excitement. 

 

“Oh no, not again..” I complained. 

 

“A couple of shots won’t hurt.” Jisoo joked. 

 

Bobby went to set up the karaoke machine in the living room while Jisoo was busy pretending to be the bartender. She filled all the shot glass up to the top. Not knowing her limit. 

 

 

“Bring the drinks over here!” Bobby shouted. Jisoo handed me two of the cups and ordered me to bring it to Bobby. Carefully I made my way to the living room not wanting to spill a drip onto the floor. I placed it on the coffee table and went back for the other cups. 

 

 

“I got the rest.” Hanbin said. I looked up at him and nodded my head. I followed behind as we walked to the living room. 

 

“I gathered you all of here today because I have some great news.” Bobby said into the mic. “I’m going to drop my mixtape soon!” He added with a little dance at the end.

 

“Woah really?!” Jisoo asked. 

 

“That’s awesome Bobby.” I smiled. 

 

“Now enough with that. I choose Jisoo as my karaoke partner for this duet.” He said swiping through the list of songs. 

 

 

~~~~~

 

2 hours passed by. Jisoo and Bobby were still hung up on the karaoke machine. They were drunk and singing off key on most of the songs. I looked around the living room and saw that Hanbin wasn’t here. 

 

He was in the 2nd living room sleeping on the couch. He cuddled with one of the couch pillows which made me chuckle. Without realizing it, I found myself staring at him. I saw sweat rolling down his face. His hands began to shake a little. 

 

“Hanbin” I said trying to get a hold of him. I was afraid, I didn’t know what to do. What was happening to him?

 

“Are you okay?!” I placed my hands on him and rocked his body. His hand slithered on top of mine gripping it tightly, not wanting to let go. 

 

 

 

*Jaebum is the new character added!