Bobby VS Fear

Forever Young

(A/N-Again, I can’t post pictures on here so you’ll have to go onto wattpad to see them.)

 

 

Hanbin’s POV

I carried Jennie’s last box filled with clothes into my house and saw her working. I placed the box besides her other boxes that were filled with clothings. 

 

“Thank you” She flashed her gummy smile. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, trying to catch my breath. 

 

“I believe I deserve a kiss after my hard work.” I smiled widely. 

 

“You’re such a kissing manic.” She teased and walked over to me. Expecting a kiss I puckered out my lips. “Will you put your lips away?” She chuckled and measured the length of my arms using the sleeves of the jacket. 

 

“Come on!” I whined.

 

 

“Can you put this on?” She asked while handing me the jean jacket. I grabbed the jacket and slipped it on. 

 

“This should fit him.” She muttered and turned me around making sure it suited me. 

 

“Fit who?” I furrowed my brows. 

 

“Seunghoon, he gave me a project. I’ve been making clothes for the past 3 days.” Jennie replied while pulling my body to face her. I stared at her face, noticing that she had light bags under her eyes. Bastard is making my girlfriend stress. She finally looked up at me. Damn, I want to kiss her lips so bad.. 

 

“So are you starting your own brand or what?” I asked. 

 

“I think so. He’s been offering to model my ideas and said he’ll get his friends to do it too.” She answered and continued fixing the jacket on me. 

 

“That’s good..” I replied. She looked back up at me. I saw in her eyes, she’s dying to ask me something. 

 

“Can I ask you something?” I was right. 

 

“What is it?” I replied.

 

“I’ve been meaning to ask you this but did you have a nightmare? You know, the night you got drunk.” She asked. 

 

 

*FlashBack- Hanbin’s nightmare*

 

The smell of smoke woke me up. I immediately reacted to it and began coughing my lungs out. My eyes slowly adjusted to the situation around me but It was hard to see due to the smoke that watered my eyes.

 

“Mino?! What are you doing?! Get out of there!” I heard a faint yelling outside. Mino?... 

 

“Hyung!” I shouted as loud as I could. “Hyung! Help me!” I cried out. The heat was now scorching my skin as it got closer and closer. The walls were being burnt down to ashes. Breaking down in-front of me. I crawled towards the back of the shed. Curled up into a ball. Maybe if I close my eyes it’ll disappear..  I covered my ears and shut my eyes. 

 

“Mom... mom.. please come..” I whispered. The roof of the shed collapsed right in front of me. Trapping me in the corner. 

 

“Sir! I think there’s someone in there!” I heard a man shout. Everything was becoming blurry. The smoke was now dominating my breath and the flames grew louder. Roaring as it consumed everything around me. Tears were falling from my eyes. I was afraid. I could no longer breathe. My eye sight was getting weaker and weaker by the minute.

 

*End Of Hanbin’s Nightmare*

 

 

That night.. the night of the fire.. it’s something I’ll never be able to erase. Something that still haunts me til this day. Just thinking about it raised my blood pressure. As much as I tried to forget it, it keeps on coming back. I tried everything. To pills, meditation, but every time I close my eyes... I’m reminded of it. I don’t remember all of what happened since I out. But I remember Mino being there. My own brother hated me, hated me so much he thought of killing me. I’ve always wondered why he treated me like this. 

 

“Yeah I had a nightmare..” I admitted. Without hesitation she wrapped her arms around me. Her head resting against my chest. My heart began racing at her actions. I felt her smile and began blushing. 

 

“What was it about?” She asked while placing her head directly on my heart. I swallowed thickly. This damn heart of mine.. 

 

“I was locked up in a burning shed.” I replied shortly. She lifted her head up, staring at me. 

 

“It’s not just a nightmare is it?” She asked. I didn’t say anything but nodded my head. 

 

“Is that why you take sleeping pills?” She added. , did she see those? 

 

“Yeah...” I said under my breath.

 

“You don’t have to tell me about it until you’re ready.” She smiled reassuringly and tip toed. Giving me a light peck on the lips. I wasn’t satisfied and instead cupped her chin, pulling her closer to me. I pressed my lips against hers. I moved my hand from her cheek to the back of her head, my fingers tangled through her hair, lightly pulling her into me, adding more pressure to our lips, deepening the kiss. 

 

We parted away from the kiss to catch our breaths. God I love the warmth of her lips. How sweet and addicting they were. 

 

“Thank you.” I smiled. 

 

 

End of POV 

 

~~~~~

 

 

“Do you wanna go shopping with Me and Lisa?” Jisoo asked while handing Bobby his cup of coffee. 

 

“I’m fine. Also... I don’t think I can make it to the party.” Bobby answered. 

 

“Why’s that?” 

 

“Remember coach and I’s plan?” 

 

“Ah.. it’s tonight?” Jisoo said weakly. Bobby reached for her hand and held it. She knew it was a sign, Telling her that everything was gonna be alright. 

 

“Yes.” Bobby smiled. 

 

“I’m going with you.” Jisoo demanded. 

 

“Jisoo-“

 

“I don’t care! I’m going with you. There’s nothing you can say that’ll change my mind.” Jisoo explained. 

 

“What about Lisa? And the party?” Bobby said. 

 

“I’ll talk to Lisa about shopping and the party isn’t a big deal.” Jisoo replied. 

 

“You could get hurt... there’s no way I’m putting you in danger.” Bobby explained. 

 

“If you get hurt, I’ll get hurt, if you’re being shipped away than so am I.” Jisoo argued. 

Bobby ruffled his hair in frustration. This was the last thing he wanted. To put Jisoo in this kind of situation. 

 

“Fine... but you have to listen to me alright? I may get hurt but you have to understand that it’s part of the plan.” Bobby explained. Jisoo nodded her head in agreement. 

 

~~~~~

 

Jennie’s POV 

I rang the doorbell and Chaeyoung opened the door.

 

“Oh, Hi Jennie.” She smiled. 

 

“Hi.” I returned the smile and entered the apartment. “Good thing you’re here, Jisoo can’t make it tonight so I’m taking you to the mall.” I added. 

 

“That’s .. does she have plans?” Lisa asked.

 

“Yeah with Bobby.” I smirked. 

 

“Actually, is it okay if I tag along?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Of course.” I answered. 

 

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Lisa said while jumping up and down. A smiled formed on my face. She’s hyper and somewhat immature. She reminds me a Of a little kid. 

 

~~~~

 

We arrived at the mall and the youngest spent most of her money on make up. While Chaeyoung and I only spent half of our money. 

 

“I don’t understand how someone can love make up that much.” I chuckled. 

 

“Hey! All Chaeyoung got was 3 mango smoothies. I believe I used my money wisely.” Lisa smiled. 

 

“You know I love Mangoes.” Chaeyoung said while sipping her smoothie. 

 

“You two are already close?” I said in disbelief. 

 

“Yeah she’s like a sister. We spent the whole night getting to know each other and all. Lisa and I can relate on a bunch of stuff. Especially moving away from our parents to achieve our dreams.” Chaeyoung explained.

 

“It’s hard huh? Moving to a place you have no clue about.” I asked.

 

“It is... but I have you guys so I think I’ll do fine.” Chaeyoung smiled reassuringly. 

 

“You’re a strong person.” 

 

“What are you two doing?! Let’s get some food! I’m so hungry!” Lisa shouted. Chaeyoung and I covered our faces in embarrassment. God this Lisa... 

 

~~~~

 

“Chaeng are you really not going?” Lisa pouted.

 

“Let’s not force her.” I added.

 

“Parties aren’t my thing.. Plus I have a curfew.” Chaeyoung replied. 

 

“Curfew?!” Lisa chuckled. 

 

“Yeah I sleep at 10.” Chaeyoung said innocently.

 

“Come on, you’re in Korea without your parents let’s have a little fun.” Lisa begged. 

 

“I don’t know...” Chaeyoung said. 

 

“Don’t let me third wheel with Jennie and her boyfriend.” Lisa said, making me blush. 

 

“She has a point.” I smiled. 

 

“Fine, I guess I’ll go.” Chaeyoung gave up in defeat. Call me whatever you want but I’m kind of glad Chaeyoung agreed. I wanted Hanbin for myself tonight with no distractions. 

 

“So are you gonna wear something hot?” Lisa said straight forwardly. Making both of us blush. Chaeyoung nearly choked on her smoothie. I gave her a few pats on the back.

 

“Lisa! There are kids around!” I argued.

 

“I-I.. I don’t know.” Chaeyoung said shyly.

 

“Well it’s a formal party so you can’t go dressed up like that.” Lisa explained. It’s true, Chaeyoung was wearing a pair of black jeans with a regular white t shirt and some white Stan smiths to top it off. It was simple and cute. 

 

“She’s right again.” I stated.

 

“I have a dress at home.” Chaeyoung defended.

 

“Please don’t tell me it’s that grandma floral looking one.” I cried out. 

 

“That’s the one.” Lisa chuckled.

 

“H-how’d you know?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“I saw it on the couch earlier with the rest of your other clothes. We can head to my place and I’ll lend you one of my dresses.” I answered. 

 

“Yeah! I’m sure Jennie has tons of cute clothings. Just look at the way she dresses.” Lisa said. Chaeyoung eyed me up and down before agreeing.

 

“Thanks Lisa.” I smiled. 

 

“Nothing too exposing!” Chaeyoung argued. 

 

“I Promise.” 

 

~~~~~

 

The three us arrived at my house, it was quiet so I’m guessing my parents must be busy. 

 

“Woah nice house!” Lisa said giving me a thumbs up. 

 

“Thanks.” I chuckled and led them towards my room. I picked out a few dresses and placed them on my bed.

 

“What about this?” Chaeyoung asked. I turned around and gave her a satisfied smile. 

 

“Try it on.” I answered.

 

~~~~

 

Chaeyoung walked out of the bathroom and towards the bed. 

 

“So what do you guys think?” She asked shyly. 

 

 

(She’s so gorgeous! 😩❤️)

 

 

“You look beautiful!” Lisa complimented.

 

“Gorgeous, you definitely match that dress more than I do.” I smiled. 

 

“Thanks..” she replied. 

 

“Are you trying to find your Prince Charming at the party?” Lisa teased. 

 

“Oh stop it, she looks elegant.” I added. 

I could tell Chaeyoung wasn’t use to all of this. She’s so shy and pretty, I wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of guys tried hitting on her at the party. 

 

“What are you going to wear?” Chaeyoung asked. Lisa smirked and pulled out a dress from her shopping bag. 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung and I looked at each other in disbelief. She’s not serious right?...

 

“Cute right?” Lisa chuckled.

 

“Uh.....” Chaeyoung muttered. 

 

“Uh What?” Lisa asked.

 

“What Chaeyoung is trying to say is...” god help me! How do I say this without hurting her feelings?.. 

 

“I know it’s ugly. I just wanted to tease you guys.” Lisa laughed and pulled out another dress from her bag. 

 

 

 

 

“You look beautiful!” Chaeyoung shouted in excitement. 

 

“You like an angel.” I smiled 

 

“I know.” Lisa said making us chuckle. 

 

End of POV 

 

~~~~

 

 

“I don’t think I’ll get in...” Taeyong admitted. 

 

“Don’t bring yourself down. I’m sure you’ll get in.” Seulgi said while stretching her leg.

 

“I can’t go to college and be Seunghoon’s manager at the same time.” Taeyong said in frustration.

 

“Then quit.” Seulgi suggested.

 

“I- I can’t.” Taeyong sighed.

 

“Why? Is it because of Jennie?” Seulgi smirked. Taeyong began blushing and hid his face. “Come on, I saw the way you were staring at her.” She added. 

 

“Alright fine... you caught me.” Taeyong said.

 

“Aww! Do you like her?!?!” Seulgi shouted. 

 

“I don’t know.. whenever I’m around her I feel happy and when I see her with Hanbin it kind of makes me jealous.” Taeyong explained. 

 

“You should be, Hanbin is hot.” Seulgi said bluntly. 

 

“Are you on my side?!” Taeyong argued.

 

“Duh! I’m on your side. I’m just saying you have some competition.” Seulgi smirked. 

 

“Competition? They’re just friends.” Taeyong said.

 

“That doesn’t mean she won’t fall for him, I mean just look at him and tell me girls don’t drool over him.” Seulgi explained.

 

“Thanks for making me feel insecure.” Taeyong joked.

 

“Yah! You’re handsome too! There! Better?! Gosh this kid..” Seulgi chuckled. Taeyong smiled innocently at her and nodded his head.

 

~~~

 

 

“Wow.. you did a good job decorating.” Nayeon complimented. 

 

“Thanks.” Mino smiled while sipping his cup of wine. 

 

“So what’s the plan?” Nayeon asked. 

 

“First, We wait until Hanbin arrives.” Mino answered. 

 

“Isn’t that the model we met at the cafe?” Nayeon pointed out. Seunghoon made a grand entrance with everyone taking their phones out. Recording and capturing pictures of the model. He flashed a smile at them and greeted the guests. 

 

“What the hell?...” Mino tightened his grip on the cup. 

 

“What are you doing?!” Nayeon tugged onto his arm. 

 

“I’m gonna talk to him.” Mino replied.

 

“Don’t cause anything.” Nayeon argued before letting him go. She watched as he walked directly to Seunghoon. Her eyes roamed around the room searching for Hanbin.

 

~~~

 

Lisa dragged Chaeyoung into the hotel While Jennie and Hanbin were taking their sweet time. 

 

“You look beautiful.” Hanbin smiled. 

 

“And you look very handsome.” Jennie said while hiding her blushing cheeks. Hanbin opened the door for Jennie. 

 

“My lady.” He said. Jennie chuckled at him.

 

“Why, thank you.” She played along. The two couple walked into the building. There was a live band playing some soft classical music. It was peaceful to the ears. 

 

“Hanbin!” Hanbyul shouted. As always she gave Hanbin a big hug. 

 

“Hey” Hanbin chuckled. 

 

“I thought I told you not to wonder off!” Hanbin’s mom shouted. Jennie looked at the beautifully dressed women. Expensive pearls around her neck. Diamond earrings and even a gucci purse. Jennie was surprised to see how fashionable Hanbin’s mom was. Not to mention how young she looked. Ms. Kim’s eyes connected with Jennie’s, earning a 90 degree bow from her. Without a doubt, Jennie was nervous. She didn’t expect to meet Hanbin’s mom like this. 

 

“Sorry mom! I really missed Hanbin...” Hanbyul pouted. 

 

“It’s fine Honey, but next time don’t do this alright?” Ms. Kim said. 

 

“Oh! The pretty girl from last time?” Hanbyul said. Jennie smiled at the compliment. 

 

“It’s nice to see you again.” Jennie replied. Hanbin cleared his throat. 

 

“Mom this is-“

 

“I got you the ice cream you wanted.” Nayeon interrupted. She flashed a smile at Hanbin. “You made it and it’s Jennie right?” She added.   

 

“Yeah.” Jennie forced a smile. 

 

“Come on, lets leave the adults alone.” Ms. Kim said while dragging Hanbyul away.

 

“I didn’t think you’d come but I’m glad you did.” Nayeon said. 

 

“Jennie? I didn’t know you were invited?” Taeyong approached. Hanbin rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

 

“Yeah the host invited me.” Jennie replied. 

 

“Is it fine if I talk to Hanbin privately?” Nayeon asked. Jennie glanced at Hanbin. 

 

“Uh sure?” Taeyong tugged onto Jennie’s arm, dragging her away from the them.

 

“Yah!” Hanbin shouted. 

 

“You look handsome tonight.” Nayeon smiled. 

 

“Thanks, you look good too.” Hanbin replied. He couldn’t keep his eyes off Taeyong and Jennie. Not liking the short replies she was receiving Nayeon dragged him to the dance floor. 

 

“W-what are you doing?!” Hanbin asked.

 

“What? We can’t dance?” Nayeon answered. She encircled her arms around Hanbin’s neck. Keeping a close distance. 

 

~~~~

 

Lisa was busy doing her business in the bathroom while Chaeyoung took the chance to eat. 

 

“Am I in heaven?” She muttered to herself while drooling over all the food. She couldn’t take her eyes off it. Everything looked too delicious to skip out on. Chaeyoung grabbed a plate and placed some food onto it. She poured herself a cup of water and was bumped into someone. Dropping the cup onto the ground. She looked at the mess and saw a pair of black shoes that were wet. 

 

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” Chaeyoung bowed at a 90 degree angle. 

 

“You’re so clumsy.” A familiar voice stated.  Chaeyoung looked up to see Junhoe, smiling from ear to ear at her. Most girls would think it’s cute but she thought differently. It annoyed her. She rolled her eyes in annoyance and got down to pick up the cup until a hand stopped her. 

 

“You owe me a pair of shoes.” Junhoe said and picked the cup up. 

 

“You owe me a candy bar.” Chaeyoung argued. He grabbed a new cup and poured water into it. 

 

“Here.” He offered. 

 

“Thanks.” Chaeyoung reached out to grab the cup but what surprised when Junhoe’s hand gripped onto her hand. 

 

“If you’re thankful then tell me your name.” Junhoe asked. This time he wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Something about Chaeyoung drew him in. She pulled her hands away from his grip and continued her decisions between which food to eat. Junhoe followed her and chuckled. “You like to eat huh?” He added but was ignored. He saw as she was reaching out to grab a slice of cake and quickly grabbed it for her. 

 

“Tell me your name and I’ll give you this.” 

 

“Can you leave me alone?” Chaeyoung snapped. 

 

“I will if you tell me your name.” Junhoe smiled. 

 

 

“You know, the girls you flirt with may like this but I don’t. It’s childish and it’s a bothersome.” Chaeyoung retorted and walked towards Lisa. He was flabbergasted.. how could a girl look him in the eye and just say that? 

 

“Who’s that hottie?” Lisa asked. 

 

“No one.” Chaeyoung answered. “Oh, when were in public can you call me by Rosé?” She added before digging into her plate. 

 

“Okay Rosé, but seriously that guy is cute did you stand him up?” Lisa asked. 

 

“Yeah...” Chaeyoung said. 

 

“I could tell.. he looks a bit sad.” Lisa explained. Junhoe was indeed feeling a bit off, he was so use to getting numbers in a split second. Chaeyoung was different and it made him curious to what he was doing wrong. 

 

“Ah.. is he?..” Chaeyoung felt a little guilty. She’s not a rude person but the way Junhoe approached her was uncomfortable. Plus she saw him flirting with a bunch of girls. There was no way he was going to have his way with her. Boys like him disgusted her. 

 

“You’re dressed like you’re looking for a Prince Charming yet you’re just sitting here eating?” Lisa chuckled.

 

“I couldn’t resist, the food looked too delicious!” Chaeyoung replied.

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Jennie on the other hand saw everything. She was tempted to smack the out of Nayeon for touching Hanbin but had to hold back. It wouldn’t be good to cause such a scene. Especially when Hanbin’s mom and sister is around. 

 

“Do you want to dance?” Taeyong asked. 

 

“Yes.” Jennie answered immediately. They made their way towards the dance floor. Taeyong offering his hand out to the dazed Jennie. 

 

“Uh, Jennie?” Taeyong said snapping her back into reality. 

 

“Huh? Oh sorry.” Jennie replied. She accepted his hand was pulled in, closer to him. 

 

“I have something I wanna say...” Taeyong said shyly. Jennie’s eyes were still on Hanbin. He didn’t cooperate with Nayeon which made her glad but she was still pissed that he wouldn’t push her off or at least do something. 

 

“Oh you do?” Jennie asked. 

 

Hanbin’s eyes widened at the sight of Jennie and Taeyong. He pushed Nayeon’s arms off of him and walked towards them. Not knowing what to do, Nayeon dropped onto the floor. Everyone in the room gasped and hurried towards her. 

 

“Is she okay?!”

 

“What happened?!” 

 

Hanbin swallowed thickly and turned around to see Nayeon on the ground. 

 

“Move out of the Way!” Mino shouted as he rushed through the crowd. He lifted Nayeon’s head up. “Yah!” He shouted. Hanbin squeezed in between the crowd and saw as Mino carried her bridal style. 

 

“Help me out” Mino asked. Hanbin nodded his head and followed them to the room.

 

Jennie’s eyes followed them.

 

“Where are you going?” Taeyong asked.

 

“Sorry!” Jennie shouted as she followed behind. 

 

~~~

 

Mino laid Nayeon down on the bed and walked out of the room where Hanbin stood against the wall. Without hesitation he punched Hanbin across the face. 

 

“Do you know what you’ve done?!” Mino shouted. Hanbin stretched his jaw out. 

 

“I didn’t do anything.” He replied coldly.

 

“Exactly! That’s why she’s hurt. You know how bad her leg is right?!” Mino argued. 

 

“Look I pushed her away but I didn’t push her hard enough to where she could’ve fallen like that.” Hanbin defended, earning another punch from Mino. This time it was stronger than the first. Which caused blood to trial from Hanbin’s mouth. 

 

“Crazy bastard!... what if something happened?! You left her there!” Mino said. 

 

“Coming from a guy who tried to kill his own brother?!” Hanbin raised his voice and clenched his fist. 

 

Jennie covered as she heard everything. She couldn’t believe what she just heard. 

 

“B-brother?...” Jennie muttered. She knew Hanbin had a brother but she didn’t know it was him.. 

 

“What is going on?! What happened out there!” Ms. Kim shouted. “Did you two fight?!” She added. Hanbin quickly wiped  the blood away. 

 

“Nayeon fainted because of this bastard.” Mino said. 

 

“Hanbin! What did you do?” Ms. Kim yelled. Tears forming in her eyes. 

 

“I don’t need to deal with this right now.” Hanbin said. 

 

“What happened to you?! Why are you acting this way! Did I raise you like this?! I’m sorry for slapping you that night but you owe your brother an apology.” His mom explained. 

 

Hanbin tried his best to hold it in but rage erupted like a volcano. He couldn’t handle it anymore. He was tired of the blame, tired of Mino playing victim, tired of hiding the truth just to protect this family. 

 

“You want to know why I’m acting this way?!?!” Hanbin laughed without humor. His mom was frightened, tears escaped her eyes. 

 

“That night! That night of the fire! It still haunts me til this damn day! But I keep pushing it to the side like it doesn’t even matter for everyone’s sake! I’m tired of holding back. Mino? You want me to apologize to him?! After he tried to kill me!? He’s the reason that shed was on fire! He’s the damn reason why I was locked up in the shed in the first place!!! Him and Seunghoon!” Hanbin shouted. Rage consumed his whole body. He didn’t regret anything. He felt relieved that such a big weight was lifted off his shoulders. His mom couldn’t utter a word but cry. All these years... she thought it was just a grudge he held against his brother bullying him. She felt awful. Is this who she’s become? Can she even call herself a mom? 

 

Jennie covered . It finally made sense. To why Hanbin had sleeping pills, to the nightmares he has, to the necklace he kept, and to why he hated his brother more than anything in the world. She wanted to run to him and hug him. She wanted to let him know how much she cares for him and how much she loved him. After hearing everything she too, felt the pain. The suffering that Hanbin endured all these years. She could only imagine how lonely he must’ve felt. How scared he must’ve been. How many sleepless nights he’s been through.. 

 

Footsteps were slowly approaching Jennie as she stood against the wall, quietly sobbing. Hanbin heard the sobs and turned to see Jennie. She looked up at him and was immediately dragged away.

 

~~~

 

“Did you hear everything?...” Hanbin asked. He was concerned about Jennie. He knew he would have to tell her one day but he didn’t want her to find out like this.. 

Jennie walked closer to him and wrapped her arms around him.

 

“So that’s reason for your nightmares... I’m sorry, I didn’t know Mino was your brother.” Jennie muttered and held him tighter. Hanbin felt her tears dampen his shirt and ran his hands through her hair. 

 

“It’s fine, don’t blame yourself alright?” Hanbin said. The words didn’t get through to her. Jennie couldn’t help but feel guilty for this.

 

“If you knew it was your brother’s party why didn’t you stop me? Why didn’t you stop me from working with Seunghoon?..” Jennie asked.

 

“I’m not gonna stop you from chasing your dreams.” Hanbin answered.

 

“Hanbin.. don’t suffer yourself because of me.” Jennie argued. 

 

“I know how much it means to you, becoming a fashion designer and all. So I didn’t want to say anything, for your sake.” Hanbin defended, earning a weak punch from Jennie.

 

“You’re also my dream, you mean so much to me Hanbin.. god how could you be so ing selfless!” Jennie let out. Hanbin chuckled and received a glare from Jennie. He lowered his head down, planting a kiss on her lips. 

 

“I love you so much.” He smiled. Jennie kissed him back and flashed her gummy smile. 

 

“I love you too.” 

 

~~~~

 

Bobby’s POV 

It was 10:30, 30 minutes until I get shipped off. I’m still surprised that I’m following through with this plan. It’s the first that I really stood up to my dad. I didn’t feel as confident as I did earlier. But it’s too late to turn back. I refuse to. I came along way. 

 

“Ready?” Coach asked. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I looked at him then at Jisoo who was in the back seat. I flashed her a quick smile just to reassure her that I was going to be fine. To be honest I don’t know how things will turn out but I wanted to make sure she was put. 

 

“Yeah..” I finally replied. 

 

“The ship departs at 11:10 so do your best to get out of there before that.” Coach explained. I nodded my head in agreement and unlocked the door. 

 

“Wait!” I turned around.

 

“Be safe.” He added and smiled. 

 

“Of course.” I said and got out of the car. I heard the car door open and turned around to see Jisoo. Tears already consumed her eyes but I knew she was trying to stand tall in front of me. 

 

“Promise me you’ll come back?” She said. I kissed her forehead and showed my signature eye smile that she loved. 

 

“I promise.” I replied before walking towards the deck. 

 

~~~~

 

I waited at the deck for five minutes and was finally approached. 

 

“You actually came?” My dad chuckled. I bowed at a 90 degree angle. 

 

“Yeah.” I replied and gripped my luggage. He lead me to the ship and grabbed my luggage. 

 

“Get him.” He ordered his men to drag me away.

 

“What the hell!?” I shouted. 

 

“You think I didn’t know?” He began laughing hysterically. “I knew your coach was behind this all along.” He added. 

 

“!” I muttered. 

 

“But don’t worry, he’ll be taken cared of.” He smiled and dragged my luggage along. 

 

“Let me go! He didn’t do anything wrong! This was my plan!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. 

 

“You’ve grown some balls to go against your own dad. Knowing what I’m capable of.” He smirked. 

 

“Capable of killing your own wife.” I chuckled. 

 

“What the hell did you just say?!” He grabbed me by the throat. 

 

“Y-you heard me.” I smirked. He tightened his grip around my throat. Making it hard for me to breathe.

 

“Your mother? You think I killed her?!” He slammed me against the wall causing me to groan in pain. “I tried saving her but couldn’t! How dare you make such assumptions!” He added

 

 

I felt his grip getting weaker and took the chance to kick him away from me. I began coughing and saw as he got up from the ground. I saw his men rushing towards me so I quickly ped the luggage and pulled out a pistol. Making them step back. It was my first time holding this. It should be like call of duty right? I pointed the gun at them. 

 

“Calm down..” one of his men said. I pointed the gun towards him. 

 

“Get off the ship.” I demanded. They didn’t say anything but stood there. “Didn’t you hear me?!” I shouted and fired the pistol, scaring these bastards off. 

 

“Let’s go!” They said and sprinted off the ship. The ship began moving. ! I’m out of time.. 

 

“You won’t shoot me.” He chuckled.

 

“You’re right, I won’t. I don’t wanna stoop down to your level.” I said and tossed the gun into the water. He immediately rushed towards me, pinning me onto the ground. Throwing in a few punches. One blow to my face, 2nd blow to my already bruised cheek, 3rd blow busted my lips. I tasted the blood and rolled him to the side, changing our position. I elbowed him in the face and threw my hardest punches at him. This is for everything! 

 

“This is for mom! This is for turning me into a monster! This is for making me feel like a worthless piece of !” I continued punching his face. Blood splattered on my fists. His grip on my shirt grew weaker and weaker. I watched as he struggled to fight back. Tears were flowing from my face. Anger took control of me. Every punch was relieving. All the pain I’ve held in for so long, all the times I harmed myself, all the times I dealt with his beating.. they are now lifted from my shoulders. I didn’t even realize how good this felt. I wanted more, I wanted to show him how it was like to feel the way I did. I raised my fist up but his sudden cry for defeat stopped me. That’s when it hit me.. I almost killed him! What the hell has gotten into me?! I got up from the ground and watched him groan in pain. Cursing my name. Threatening to end my life. I looked at my bloody hands. 

 

“All I wanted was a father!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. What’s happening? Am I going insane? I couldn’t see his face anymore due to all the blood that covered it. He struggled to get up and instead lied there in pain.

 

“Y-y-you... piece of.. !...” he let out. 

 

End of POV 

 

~~~

 

“What’s going on?!” Jennie asked. Jisoo couldn’t stop crying. It was already 11:30 yet there were no signs of Bobby. The ship was slowly getting away. 

 

“B-Bobby! H-he’s... on the ship! And some men kidnapped Coach..” Jisoo said in between her sobs. Hanbin didn’t need a further explanation. He ran towards the deck, where a jet ski was parked. 

 

“Hey that’s mine!” The man shouted. 

 

“I’ll bring it back!” Hanbin said, chasing the ship. He couldn’t let Bobby go. Hanbin promised him that if he were to get shipped off so would Hanbin. He sped up the jet ski and scanned the ship. 

 

“Bobby!! Bobby!!” Hanbin shouted. There were no reply. “!” He muttered and drove near he ship. It was risky but he knew Bobby would’ve done the same.

 

“BOBBY!!! It’s Hanbin! Bobby!!?” Hanbin shouted at the top of his lungs. 

 

Bobby heard a familiar voice and snapped out of his thoughts. 

 

“Bobby!!!” Hanbin shouted once more. Bobby looked over the railings to see Hanbin on the jet ski. 

 

“Hanbin?... Hanbin! What are you doing?!” Bobby shouted back. 

 

“Do you really think I’ll let you get shipped off on your own?!” Hanbin said. Bobby smiled. Hanbin was everything to him. They both went through a lot, growing up but was each other’s strength. He felt thankful to have a friend like Hanbin. He was a selfless and stubborn bastard but that selfless and stubborn bastard was Bobby’s brother. 

 

“Jump! Hurry!” Hanbin shouted. 

 

“Right now?!” Bobby asked. 

 

“If not then next year?!” Hanbin said sarcastically. 

 

“! Are you serious?! How could you joke at a time like this!” Bobby argued.

 

“Dude! Jump!! We don’t have enough gas!” Hanbin defended. 

 

“!” Bobby said under his breath. He took a deep breath and exhaled through his nose. He took a few steps back and clenched his fists. Without hesitation he sprinted towards the railings and jumped off the ship. Diving into the cold water. Hanbin quickly drove to his rescue. 

 

 

“Did you see that?!?! That was some matrix !” Bobby shouted.

 

“Yes I did! It was badass! Now get on!” Hanbin replied 

 

“Thanks for saving me” Bobby said while shivering his way onto the jet ski.

 

“I’m not Rose, I wouldn’t let you drown in this cold water.” Hanbin joked. 

 

“Shut up with the titanic joke.” Bobby said making both of them chuckle. 

 

“Where’s your dad?” Hanbin asked. 

 

“Bastards getting shipped.” Bobby answered. 

 

“Are you okay?.. what exactly happened?” 

 

“I just fought with him..” Bobby explained. 

 

“Hey man, I’m proud of you for standing up to him. It takes a lot of guts to do that.” Hanbin said.

 

“Yeah.... I still can’t believe I did that.” Bobby admitted.

 

“So what now?” 

 

“I don’t know? All his money is mine now.” Bobby said.

 

“I’m sorry I arrived so late.” Hanbin apologized.

 

“You’re always late.” Bobby joked.

 

~~~~

 

 

“Coach!” Jisoo shouted. 

 

“Where’s Bobby?” He asked. 

 

“Hanbin went to get him.. how did you-“

 

“The two men let me off.” Coach explained. 

 

The three of them turned their attention towards the two knuckleheads that approached the deck. They sprinted towards them, not believing what they saw. 

 

“Kimbap..!” Jisoo cried out while running into Bobby’s arms. Hanbin walked over to Jennie and hugged her. 

 

“Why are you crying? I told you I’d make it.” Bobby smiled. 

 

“I saw the ship leaving and thought you were gone forever so I called Hanbin!” Jisoo sobbed making Bobby chuckle. 

 

“I’m sorry for worrying you.” Bobby said, tightening the hug. 

 

“That was so brave of you.” Jennie said, receiving a smile from Hanbin. 

 

Bobby and Jisoo separated from the hug. His coach smiled at him. Tears in his eyes that he refused to let escape. 

 

“Thank you so much.” Bobby wrapped his arms around the coach. He no longer cares about his pride and let the tears rolled down from his eyes. The coach did the same thing and patted his back.

“Tomorrow, first thing in the morning I’m sending you money. I couldn’t have done this without you. Thank you Coach... thank you for showing me how a real father should be.” Bobby added. The hug and kind words only reminded the coach of his deceased son. He admired Bobby’s courage and determination so much. He saw Bobby as his very own.