Confused.

Forever Young

Jisoo was pacing back and forth in the living room. She couldn’t believe what she did last night. The Flashback Of her hugging Bobby kept replaying in her mind. 

 

“Uh? Is something wrong?” Jennie asked. 

 

“I messed up.. I really messed up.!” Jisoo let out. 

 

“What’s going on?” Jennie questioned. From the looks of Jisoo it must’ve been something serious.

 

“Promise you won’t make fun of me?” Jisoo begged.

 

“I promise.” Jennie smiled while crossing her fingers behind her back.

 

“I hugged Bobby yesterday!...” Jisoo blurted out feeling at ease.

 

“You what?!” Jennie said in disbelief.

 

“I don’t know what overcame me.. I just went in for it! Oh god I’m sure he must be so shocked.!” Jisoo complained. Jennie walked closer to her and rubbed her arm in comfort. 

 

“Relax, I know you couldn’t hide your feelings for him but at this pace you’ll end up dying from a heart attack.” Jennie teased. 

 

“Hey! You promised you wouldn’t tease me.” Jisoo argued. Jennie lifted her hands up showing that her fingers were crossed.

 

“I needed some entertainment.” Jennie chuckled.

 

“And I do not like Bobby!” Jisoo added.

 

“Believe Whatever you want But the feelings can’t be hidden.” Jennie joked. 

 

“What about you huh? You’ve been spending quite some time with Hanbin.” Jisoo smirked.

 

“We’re just friends.” Jennie replied not feeling fazed by Jisoo’s act for revenge. 

 

“Friends for now.” Jisoo winked. She received a playful punch from Jennie making her chuckle. “Is your mom okay?” She added.

 

“Yea, why do you ask?” Jennie questioned.

 

“Well I don’t know your mom came over last week asking for herbs.” Jisoo explained.

 

“Oh yeah! I saw the herbs too. It’s so gross.” Jennie complained.

 

“Is your dad sick or something?” Jisoo asked. She remembered what Jennie’s mom said but didn’t want to linger onto the thought much longer.

 

“Yeah he has a cold.” Jennie answered while drinking down her water.

 

“Aww I hope he feels better.” Jisoo said in a cute voice.

 

“I do too..” Jennie said in a worried tone. 

 

“But guess what?!” Jisoo shouted in excitement. 

 

“What?” Jennie looked up at her. To see her friend blushing. 

 

“Jinyoung asked me out to dinner!” Jisoo couldn’t hide how happy she felt. She’s always thought he was handsome but never imagined they’d talk like this. 

 

“Ouuu you’re going on a date?!” Jennie teased

 

“Yeah what should I wear?!” 

 

“Hmm... what about that new dress you bought?” Jennie suggested.

 

“The Black one?” 

 

“Yes that one!” Jennie said. “But are you sure Bobby would like that?” She added.

 

“What do you mean?” Jisoo asked totally clueless.

 

“Nothing. I’ve got to go.” Jennie smirked and left.

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

“Yeah I don’t know why she still lingers on to him?” 

 

“She’s probably crazy like her mom.” 

 

“Her mom committed suicide 3 years ago over a man. I wouldn’t be surprised if she turned out like that.” 

 

Nayeon heard the rumors and gossips that were going on about her. Considering they didn’t know the real reason behind her mother’s death. It angered her to hear them speak down on her mom. Just as she was ready to turn around and go off a voice interrupted.

 

“Do you guys think suicide is a joke?!” Mino’s voice broke the gossips. They stared at him and realized who he was. They didn’t dare to look him in the eyes. 

“Now stop talking about such a thing and mind your own business!” Mino shouted. He stared back at Nayeon making sure she was okay. As he approached her she quickly wiped the tears.

 

“Thank you..” Nayeon said.

 

“I’m sorry people are like this. I guess this is a glimpse of how much of an I must’ve been.” Mino chuckled.

 

“Yeah..” Nayeon muttered. 

 

“Nayeon I just want to say I’m sorry. I really am.. if I-“ 

 

“There’s nothing to fix. What’s done is done.” Nayeon cut off.

 

“Than why are you still lingering onto Hanbin?” Mino asked. He wasn’t really curious since the reason would hurt him. 

 

“Why are you still lingering onto me?” Nayeon asked not receiving an answer from Mino. With that Nayeon took her leave. 

 

~~~~~

 

Jisoo’s POV 

Surprisingly I had the guts to visit Bobby during practice. I will admit I was a little nervous but hopefully he knows it was just to comfort him. The sound of the ball being dribbled down the court snapped me out of my thoughts. My eyes focused on Bobby. He was pouring in sweat. His jersey drenched up and his hair a mess. I found it kind of hot to see him like this. Okay what the hell?! Did you just say hot?! With Bobby in the same sentence? 

 

I looked up after hearing a loud boom on the ground. I saw Bobby lying on the floor holding his leg. 

 

“Bobby!” I shouted and quickly ran towards him.

 

“M-my ankle..” he groaned. 

 

“Does it hurt?!” I asked.

 

“Obviously! That’s why I’m on the ground!” He argued. 

 

 

“No need to get cranky I was just making sure!” I snapped back and wrapped his arm around my shoulder to help him up.

 

“O-ow!” He Let out.

 

“Sorry I’m a little weak..” I said and continued dragging him towards the bleachers. I sat him down trying to catch my breath.

 

“There should be some wraps in my bag.” He explained. I quickly dug around his bag taking out the wraps.

 

“I-I can’t do it myself..” he said shyly. I stepped down and took his shoes off.

 

“Bobby your feet!” I said making gagging noises. 

 

“Sorry..! Practice is insane.” He chuckled. The stench was seriously killing my sense. I carefully wrapped his foot up and looked up at him. He was already staring at me with those glistening brown eyes of his. 

 

“Thank you.” He smiled widely. Whenever he smiled you can barely see his eyes which made me giggle.

 

“Whatever, now I have to disinfect my hands.” I joked. 

 

“Is it that bad?” He said feeling embarrassed.

 

“Yes! You have horrible athletes feet.” I dusted my hands off and got up. The expression on his face grew dark. I knew something had to be bothering him. “What’s with the look?..” I asked

 

“Championships are in two days.. I-if this ankle doesn’t heal than it could cost me.” He explained. 

 

“You need time to rest.” 

 

“I can’t rest when championships are chasing me.” He sigh, a heavy one. That’s all he could think about?.. the stupid championships while he was literally making every bone in his body ache?!

 

“If you put pressure on that ankle, I’m breaking your leg.” I threatened. He looked at me and swallowed thickly. 

 

“Y-you wouldn’t...” he let out an uneasy chuckle. 

 

“Do you want to test me?” I glared at him. 

 

“Me? Test Kim Jisoo? How dare I?” He joked making me chuckle. Despite how he’s feeling he’s always managed to make me laugh. It was one of the great things about Bobby. 

 

 

End of POV 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

Jennie’s POV 

A smile took over my face as the thought of Hanbin protecting me during the storm crossed my mind. I was also reminded of him eating the spicy ramen yesterday which made me giggle. Gosh he’s such an idiot. Speaking of Hanbin, I saw him walking up the steps.

 

“Hey.” He greeted warmly.

 

“Hi” I replied with a smile. 

 

“So uh, it turns out I can’t handle spicy food.” He said rubbing the back of his neck. 

 

“What, did it burn out the other end?” I joked. 

 

“the doctor said that my stomach can’t handle spicy food.” He chuckled nervously. I knew he couldn’t handle it... I felt guilty just letting him down the ramen. 

 

“Who told you to eat it then?!” I argued. He looked surprised by my tone of voice. Even I was surprised...

 

“Because I was hungry.” He muttered.

 

“Stop using that lame excuse.” 

 

“But I’m serious.” He added. I raised a brow at him wanting to hear another reason. 

 

“I still can’t believe you did that.” I let out. He smiled at me widely. 

 

“It was embarrassing.” He admitted.

 

“How?” I said in confusion

 

“You were staring at me the whole time.” He replied. My cheeks began feeling hot.

 

“No I didn’t.” I laughed trying to brush it off. 

 

“It’s okay I did it for you.” He said.

 

“Huh?...” 

 

“I ate the spicy bowl of ramen for you because I knew you wouldn’t have handled it well. I saw the look on your face once the waiters handed it to you.” He chuckled. 

 

 

“Wow you’re really considerate.” I said sarcastically. 

 

“Right?” 

 

“And dumb. They gave me a choice, I was just surprised to be the chosen one.” I added. 

 

“Don’t tease me. I was just looking out for you.” He explained. I felt my body getting hot. Looking out for me?

 

“Since When were you sweet and considerate?” I joked. 

 

“I don’t know?.. since I met you?” He said in a serious tone. Not even aware of how that made me feel. “Just kidding you’re the opposite” he added ruining the mood. 

 

“Hey! I could be sweet sometimes! And considerate!” I argued. He really knew how to joke around with me. I rolled my eyes at him. 

 

“Yeah... that night on the cruise ship. You know, it means a lot to me.” He said ending the sentence with a warm smile. That seemed genuinely sweet. I could say the same thing but i was too embarrassed of bringing up the storm incident. He was probably shocked by my actions. Throwing myself onto him and all. Ughh!! What the hell was I thinking?!

 

“I’m glad I was there to help you. I’ll always be here.” I returned the sweet smile. 

 

“I’ll always be here to help you too.” He said referring to the storm Incident. 

 

“About that.... I’m sorry you had experience that.” 

 

“No it’s fine I didn’t mind at all.” He smiled. What? He didn’t? We both looked at each other shocked by his answer. His smile suddenly died faster than a wisp of smoke after the candle was blown out. He returned to his regular cold looking face that bothered me. It’s not that I didn’t like it. It’s just, I hated how he would hide his feelings. 

 

“Hey guys!” Jisoo said with Bobby’s arm wrapped around her for support. 

 

“What happen?!” Hanbin said rushing towards the other side of Bobby to support him. 

 

“I hurt my ankle.” Bobby explained.

 

“I thought I told you to be careful!” Hanbin scolded. It was kind of cute to see how worried he was about Bobby. 

 

“Are you my mom?” Bobby teased.

 

“Yeah, nagging is Jisoo’s job.” I said and sent wicked winks to her only to receive death glares. I was loving it, the whole making fun of her thing. It was obvious she had some type of feelings for Bobby but wasn’t ready to admit it. 

 

“I already had a handful of it.” Bobby said.

 

“Yeah I threatened to break his leg.” Jisoo said innocently.

 

“Good! Maybe this bastard will get some rest.” Hanbin snickered.

 

“What about you? Are you dating someone? Huh? You’ve been coming home late.” Bobby teased. Ouch... my heart stung a bit not realizing why I would feel this way?... 

 

“What? No way.” Hanbin denied. It made me feel a little bit better hearing that.

 

“Oh come on, who wouldn’t date you Hanbin? I’m sure you have so many girls wanting you.” Jisoo joined in. She looked at me and smirked. What the hell was that about? Is she trying to get revenge?

 

“True but I’m keeping my options open.” Hanbin explained. I felt relieved, why does he know what to say? 

 

“Oh so have you brought any girls home lately? I know you have man, be honest I haven’t been at the hideout much.” Bobby smirked. I watched Hanbin chuckle. I guess it’s true... I didn’t want to hear the conversation anymore. 

 

“Hey guys I have to go.” I said forcing a smile.

 

“Where are you going?” Hanbin asked. 

 

“My parents house.” I answered and walked away. Why am I feeling so down? This shouldn’t affect me. I shouldn’t be surprised or angry if Hanbin does bring girls to his house. It shouldn’t concern me..

 

End of POV 

 

~~~~

 

 

“Carmel Macchiato!” The cashier shouted. 

 

“That’s mine!” Jennie and some man said in unison. She turned around to see a tall, skinny but toned man in a white button up shirt that was tucked in with some black slacks. 

 

“It’s yours.” The man smiled and checked his watch.

 

“Ah no need, you seem to be in a hurry.” Jennie offered the cup to him. 

 

“Are you sure?” He said feeling guilty. 

 

“It’s yours.” Jennie smiled warmly. 

 

“Thank you!.” He said rushing out the cafe nearly spilling the coffee everywhere. 

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

Hanbin heard sniffing from a close distance. Nayeon was sitting down at the bench wiping her tears. 

 

“Are you okay?” Hanbin asked. 

 

“Yeah.” Nayeon replied after all the tears back in. 

 

“You were crying?” 

 

“It’s nothing.” Nayeon smiled. 

 

“Oh... alright then.” Hanbin said and continued to walk pass her. Without hesitation Nayeon slipped her arms through his, giving him a back hug. Her head laid flat against on his back for comfort. He was shocked by her actions, about to pull away, as she tightened the hug and sobbed into his jacket. 

 

“You know that I was crying but you’re going to walk away?...” Nayeon said in between her sobs. 

 

“Don’t do this.” Hanbin said coldly.

 

“Why can’t I? I know you hate me but please I need you right now.” Nayeon whispered. He felt for her, it kind of hurt him to hear her sobs. He didn’t know why she was crying but knew it must’ve been something serious.

 

Jennie saw everything from a far not knowing why she was affected by this. Her heart felt heavy as if someone threw an anchor on it. So that it could drown down to her stomach. Tears were beginning to fill up her eyes . She quickly ran away from the scene and to her dorm. Not wanting to hear or see any more of it.

 

~~~~~~

 

Bobby’s POV 

“Yeah she’s on a date right now with that Jinyoung dude.” I overheard the teams conversation and suddenly stopped my pace. 

 

“Who’s on a date?” I asked hungry for the answer. 

 

“Jisoo is, with Jinyoung. Can you believe that?!” Yunhyeong laughed. 

 

“Where at?!” 

 

“Some fancy restaurant a mile from here.” Yunhyeong explained. Without a time to spare I sprinted on my injured ankle not even feeling a thing at this moment. I have to find her. No matter what I have to find her.. was all that crossed this little mind of mine. My heart sunk down to my stomach. I felt a bit weak and some dark emotion was slowly taking over my body. I began to feel small and helpless. Something, somewhere around my chest hurt it felt heavy. 

 

~~~~~

 

After passing a couple of stores the restaurant was present. Through the window I saw Jisoo laughing with Jinyoung. I gathered the courage to walk inside pretending like I didn’t know they were there. 

 

“Oh hey!” I shouted as I made my way towards them. The pain from running finally kicked in making me limp a little. 

 

“Bobby?!” Jisoo sounded shock. I sat beside Jinyoung making him move closer to the window so I could be directly across from Jisoo. 

 

“It’s weird how you’re here. I just came by for dinner.” I lied. 

 

“By yourself? What about your ankle?!” Jisoo said in that worried tone that I liked. 

 

“Yeah I ran here.” I said feeling proud only to receive a smack on my head. 

 

“Ow! What was that for?!” I argued while rubbing the spot she had smack. 

 

“I warned you Bobby! If you don’t listen I’ll really break it!” She snapped. Jinyoung suddenly stood up from the table catching our attention. 

 

“Where are you going?” Jisoo asked. 

 

“I think I should probably leave.” He said. I had a menacing smile on my face. Feeling happy that he got the memo. 

 

“No wait! Why?” Jisoo stopped. Is she serious?

 

“You’re obviously too busy for me.” He argued and squeezed out. Jisoo was frustrated. She even went to follow him back until I grabbed her wrist. 

 

“What are you doing?” I asked.

 

“Please let go of me Bobby.” She begged. 

 

“But why?” I saw the look on her face and didn’t need to ask twice. It was obvious that she liked him... I didn’t bother to hear her out and harshly let go of her. She dashed out of the restaurant leaving me dumbfounded. No, Jisoo deserves this. After all who wouldn’t fall for the most beautiful girl at our university? I sat at the table staring at my hand that held onto her just a minute ago. You could never have her Bobby. Just look at you, you’re a damn mess. You’ll only ruin her. 

 

End of POV

 

~~~~~

 

 

“Jinyoung!” Jisoo shouted. Jinyoung finally turned around annoyed at her. 

 

“Yes?” He said losing his patience. 

 

“What’s wrong?” She asked. 

 

“You always show how much you care about Bobby and how worried you Are whenever we hangout! It’s obvious you like him! I don’t want to keep trying when I know how you feel.” Jinyoung explained. Jisoo was confused, she was the only person who didn’t recognize her feelings for Bobby. 

 

“W-what?” Jisoo muttered.

 

“Lets just forget I ever tried hitting on you? I’m embarrassed right now. Also don’t ignore the signs Jisoo, it’s all there.” Jinyoung smiles and walked away. Signs? Jisoo turned to face the restaurant. She looked through the window but Bobby was no where to be found. Confused, she rushed over there. 

 

“Bobby?!” She shouted through the restaurant. 

 

“Are you looking for the man with the injured ankle?” The waiter asked.

 

“Yes!” Jisoo answered.

 

“He just walked out 2 minutes ago to the left.” The waiter explained. Jisoo thanked her and hurried out.

 

~~~~

 

Bobby was limping the whole way back to the his hideout. “Damn it!” He shouted as he fell onto the ground. He was frustrated but most of all broken.. he hasn’t even gotten the chance to tell Jisoo how he felt but he was already rejected. The thought of it angered him even more. He ruffled his hair in frustration trying to get back up again. Just then an arm grabs his, helping him on his feet. 

 

“You must want me to break that leg.” Jisoo joked. 

 

“I can do this by myself.” Bobby replied coldly. He pulled his arms off of Jisoo’s shoulders and immediately fell back onto the ground. “Ow..” he said underneath his breath. 

 

“Don’t be like this.” Jisoo said helping him up again but Bobby refused as he pushed her hands away from him. 

 

“Shouldn’t you be with Jinyoung?” He argued. 

 

“No I’d rather help you get home. It matters more to me.” Jisoo smiled. 

 

“I’ll just call my butler.” Bobby said scrolling through his contacts. 

 

“No need! I’ll drive you.” Jisoo said snatching his phone away. 

 

“Jisoo.” Bobby said in a serious tone. 

 

“Bobby.” She mocked. 

 

“I hate when you’re with him.” Bobby admitted and swallowed his saliva thickly. 

 

“Why?” Jisoo chuckled. 

 

“B-because I’m afraid you two will become best friends and outs me!” Bobby argued. It’s not what he had in plan but he couldn’t possibly confess after knowing her feelings for Jinyoung. 

 

“No one can replace you and your stinky feet.” Jisoo teased. Bobby lighten up a bit. 

 

“Good.” He smiled

 

 

~~~~~~

 

Hanbin’s POV 

I haven’t seen Jennie all day today besides this morning. I was a little worried about her whereabouts. Just then I saw her walking up the steps. I quickly grabbed my mail keys to make it seem like I was checking the mail box and not waiting for her. She had an opened envelope in her hand and what seemed to be a letter in the other. My eyes trailed up to her face seeing her smile. 

 

“What are you smiling at?” I interrupted. 

 

“I just got a reply back from a Model! He’s going to use my fashion for his next shoot and wants to meet up with me ASAP!!” Jennie shouted. Seeing her this happy was great. Especially that damn smile of hers and how her nose scrunches up while smiling too widely. I wanted to pinch those squishy cheeks of hers. 

 

“That’s, that’s amazing!” I cheered. 

 

“I know I’m so happy!!” She said excitedly and gave me a hug. She began jumping up and down making me feel nervous. I felt her chest pressed against me and just the fact she wrapped her arms around me. Made me blush.. suddenly she stopped and took a couple of steps back. 

 

“I-I’m so sorry!!” She quickly apologized.

 

“I get it, you were just excited.” I smiled. 

 

“Yeah... it’s always been my dream to be a fashion designer.” 

 

“Really? That suits you. I can see you coming out with some top notch stuff.” I explained only to make her giggle.

 

“Really?” She asked. 

 

“Yes.! The way you dress is everything.” I slipped out. I caught myself saying stuff again and cleared my throat.

“I’m glad you’re okay I was worried about you.” I admitted. She looked taken aback by my sudden confession and I swore I saw her blushing. 

 

“Of course I’m okay why wouldn’t i be?” She chuckled nervously. 

 

“I don’t Know I haven’t seen you all day.” I explained. Her emotion quickly isolated. I don’t know what I said to receive such a cold look from her. 

 

“Just been busy...” she said and fiddled with her fingers. Is she lying right now? 

 

“Are you sure? It seems like somethings bothering you.” I asked feeling curious yet worried. There was definitely something wrong with her. She wouldn’t fiddle with her fingers just because.

 

 

“I’m sure.” She smiled reassuringly but I wasn’t buying it. I sensed something more. 

 

“Jennie don’t do that.” I said in a low tone. 

 

“Do what?” She defended. 

 

“Don’t stare at me with those eyes and lie to me.” I kind of felt hurt. She couldn’t trust me enough to tell me something’s wrong? 

 

“I’m not lying.” 

 

“That’s a lie. I can see through you.” I argued.

 

“I’m just tired, Hanbin. Nothing more.” She painted a fake smile. Why was she lying to me? There’s clearly something wrong with her but I can’t force it out or else she’ll get mad.

 

“You should probably head to your dorm.” I suggested. 

 

“Yeah... Goodnight.” She said. I saw a glimpse of the envelope and read “Seunghoon”..... I felt my body shiver..