At Crossroads

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

" Kai!?"

Irene stood frozen infront of her second brother.

" I tried calling you multiple times but I was not able to reach you. All calls went unanswered! God! I was so terrified René..." Kai's voice screeched, shedding all his sweat and worry as soon as he saw his sister safe and sound.

Irene could see how worried Kai was. Tears welped in her eyes and she ran to embraced him.

"I'm so sorry Kai...", Irene started to sob. The guilt of breaking her brothers trust ate her up.

" Hey... I- I didn't mean to shout. I'm glad that you are okay. I got worried for nothing I guess! Detective brain over working...", Kai tried to calm her down.

But Irene didn't apologize for that. She was crying for having a secret relationship with Baekhyun. She can't even tell her own brother that she have a boyfriend.
How long could she act? Not anymore. She wanted to open up to Kai.

" Kai... I need to tell you something."

" Hmm?" Kai cupped her face inorder to wipe her tears.

" I have a boyfriend."

Kai released her from his arms and stepped back in shock. Did he hear her correctly? Or was it detective brain again?

" You have a what!??"

" I'm dating someone. And apparently we spend the night together-" Just then a shirtless Baekhyun with a full display of his abs, groggily came and stood at the door while a slight yawn escaped his pouty lips.

" Irene...?" He looked at his girlfriend.

Many thoughts ran in Kai's mind. Neither he was drunk nor he was having a bad dream. So why was he seeing a man walk out of Irene's room!? He whished someone could electrude him out of such nightmare.

" This is Baekhyun..." Irene introduced.

Kai's hand moved swiftly and a punch landed right in Baekhyun's stomach.

Irene couldn't stop his enraged brother. " Please don't hurt him... Kai!"

" Kim Irene!! Just move!!"

Irene got scared.

Baekhyun tried to defend himself. The man was a pro at hapkido, thanks to Chorong, but Kai was trained on all the martial arts one could ever name. He easily outran him with his swift moves.

The businessman was bleeding from his lip and his ribs and gut received multiple punches. Kai wasn't going to stop until the half- man stops breathing!

" Baekhyun!...oh no! Kai please. Stop. I love him. This is the man I have ever loved. So you can't hurt someone I love! "
Irene screamed on top of her lungs.

With those words, Kai stopped.
The young Byun was coughing and his face was a mess with sweat, slight blood and last night's tiredness.

" You love this man!?"

" Yes! I do...Just how Appa loves mom, Baekhyun loves me more than that..."

" Oh René...", Kai embraced his crying sister.

What was he going to do with such silly sister. She was great at being a surgeon but when it came to men how would she know which one was right!? Maybe Baekhyun was a good man?! If not how could Irene compare him with their father.

The second Quad didn't say anything. His mind was busy in solving the enigma about Irene's sudden relationship with a man he never know of.
He was angry at himself that he didn't keep much special attention on Irene from the past few months.

But then he thought what the hell where Chanyeol and Sehun doing?!
Kim Sehun was heartbroken by a cold woman and Kim Chanyeol was busy breaking a kind woman's heart.

" Chanyeol and Sehun are going to be here any minute. " Kai revealed with the sudden realisation. The Quads were worried and they decided to travel all the way from the capital city to get Irene from Busan.

" What!?"

" You couldn't come home due to rain. So we three had to come here to take care of you!  Luckily I was at a near by town on a case and was able to reach you soon in my car... Chanyeol and Sehun said they will meet me at your camp...", Kai explained.

" Oh no!" Irene wasn't ready to handle two more angry brothers. They could cause more harm to Baekhyun as well. She felt like having a heart attack.

" René... It's okay. Calm down!" Kai looked at his panicked sister.

" Mr. Baekhyun you must leave. " Kai never thought he would say that! Why was he helping his sister and especially the man who might have taken access to her precious body!!

" No!" Baekhyun wasn't going to leave Irene. Atleast not right after spending such lovely moments with her. Plus he wasn't a culprit, so he shouldn't have to escape like one.

" You want to stay alive? Then leave...!" Kai gave a warning glare.

Upon Irene's continued requests and constant annoying from Kai, Baekhyun unwantedly left the place in his car.

Chanyeol and Sehun came to the medical camp within the next few minutes. They looked like a mess, all drenched in the muddy rain with zero amount of sleep.

" Irene...oh god! You are fine!" Sehun and Chanyeol squeezed her between their tight hug and Kai joined in too.
When Irene started to shiver due the cold weather she found three large coats around her shoulders, which entirely covered her body.

The tall men took Irene home and the young doctor had to take care of her three sick brothers who got sick with flu.

 

         
 

Irene was in Kai's room administering some medication. He was doing much better than the other two. She narrated her love story with Baekhyun using very minimalistic description, upon Kai's pestering. But she could tell that Kai was boiling with anger.

" You didn't tell them yet?" Irene asked.

"  You do know how irrationally they will react if I do... I will keep your secret as long as possible. But you should tell them one day. When you are actually ready... Until then let them think you are always talking with Taeyeon..."

Kai smiled smugly and rested his head on the pillow and closed his eyes. He felt partly guilty for what has happened. Sehun and Chanyeol had their own issues and he was the normal one. But still he couldn't know that his sister was dating her ex-patient!!

" Thank you Kai" Irene sniffled, her eyes were watery. Despite all the hate Kai had towards Baekhyun, Irene was his utmost concern.

Kai got up and simply wrapped his arms around her and pressed a small kiss on her head, letting his sister know that he would be there for her.

Irene felt extremely grateful.

"But promise me that you won't do anything."
Kai blurted out and instantly looked away. It was not an effective method to discuss about such topics but Kai felt it was necessary to draw a line for his sister's ual life until her marriage.

"What do you mean?"

Kai gave her a ' you know what I'm talking about' look which made Irene widen her eyes and glare at him.

" If he insists on doing it, let him know that I have a licensed gun..."

" Kai! Shut up...!" She was completely embarrassed. Who would tell such things to their own sister!



 

    ***

 

Having lot of siblings was both a blessing and a curse for Irene, since she can't date someone she love openly or atleast look at any man without their permission.
And she can't even choose to wear a dress without their intrusion.

Irene had to change her short one piece dress and come out in a long gown and Chanyeol chuckled at his adorable angry sister.

"Ready??"

"Yes!" She walked past him and sat in the car.

Being family friends since many years, the Kim family reached the wedding hall before the start of the ceremony to help out the Kang family.
Infact Eunji was in the charge of decorations and all the Quadruplets contributed in one or the other preparations.

Yunho and Hyoyeon, including their both daughters Sulli and Seulgi felt extremely grateful.

Choi Minho and Kang Sulli stood infront of each other, smiling.

The pretty bride and dashing groom met through some common friends and after multiple meetings they decided to get married. A private lawyer marrying a college professor was a great match indeed.

" Your best friend is marrying your childhood crush! How are you feeling Chanyeolie?" Kai asked when the bride and groom are in the midst of reading their vows.

Chanyeol was in a distress mood as Wendy attended the wedding too.

" I feel like strangling your chicken neck!" The prosecuto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter