Main Women

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Park Sooyoung was the only one on Sehun's mind even though he was busy, preparing for his news slot.

" Sehun, can we talk for a bit...", His friend Johnny sounded a bit hesitant.

" Go ahead...", Sehun was going through his cue cards not really paying much attention.

" Its about Sooyoung-", Johnny stopped when Sehun turned and glared at him, "Then I don't want to hear anything!" He knitted his brows.

Sehun already knew that Sooyoung returned back to their country. Since then she couldn't get any modelling opportunities. Everyone were afraid to sign any sort of work deals with her due to her bad reputation.
Being a reporter he was aware if it through various tabloids.

Sooyoung aka Joy loved modelling more than anything else. But she wasn't able to pursue her career anymore. Sehun pitied her state.

" You must know this... Sooyoung's parents company was in a lot of debt. Their company was in losses from the past two years but Mr. Park kept it as a secret. This came into light just recently ..."

" How is the situation now?" Worry etched his beautiful eyebrows.

" The company went bankrupt and Mrs. Park and Sooyoung have to give away everything they own. Literally everything! I heard that there is a final court hearing today. Shouldn't you go ?"

Johnny was a caring friend and he knew that Sehun was in distress. He was worried that Sehun would waste away in his life either by over-working or by heavy-drinking.

" I can't go...", Sehun replied defeatedly. But he can't let Sooyoung left alone with nothing.

" Chanyeol I need your help...", Sehun called and informed him about the situation.

Lawyer Chanyeol found out the details and went to defend Sooyoung's company case. Most of their properties were ceased by the bank.

There was nothing much he could do but he tried to save atleast some thing. The women were made to move out of their mansion. He couldn't just let Mrs. Park and Sooyoung left penniless.
He was able to retrieve some shares under Mrs. Park's name. It would give them enough money to buy a small apartment to live.

" We had twenty cars. Atleast I should get to keep three of them..."

" Maintaining one car is more than enough Miss Sooyoung. " Chanyeol argued. How did Sehun handle her!?

Sooyoung nodded helplessly, gripping her hand bag.

" How much does it cost?" The taller enquired.

" More than a hundred grand... Why?"

" I will share you Seulgi's contact details. She is a website developer too. She can help you sell your luxury accessories on online. You will get enough money until you start earning...I will get going then..."

" Thank you Chanyeol.", Mrs. Park held his hands. " Don't thank me ma'm. To be honest I didn't even want to come. But I'm here because of Sehun".

" How is Sehun?" The elder woman asked in guilt. Sooyoung looked away, trying not to pay attention.

" He is living like a robot ma'm, without any joy in his life... Nothing much to say...", Chanyeol bowed and went back to his work.

" You missed a good man in your life Sooyoung".

" I know mom. I know it." Sehun didn't come but he sent his brother. That itself shows that he still cares for her. But maybe such a good man doesn't deserve someone like her. Sooyoung tried to hold back her tears.





 

*** ~ *** 
 

Son Wendy visited Chanyeol's work place atleast twice a week. When she had enough time at her restaurant, she would prepare a lunch box for him.
He warned and scolded her for coming to his office unannounced.

She was like an annoying beautiful stain on his ugly attitude shirt.

" Hey Yeol...hey Soo!", Wendy interrupted Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's discussion over a case.

" Hi Wen", the doe-eyed prosecutor greeted her, while the gaint prosecutor grimaced.

" I made this for you...", The woman smiled cheekily.

Chanyeol doesn't even spare her a glance.
"Don't bring me any food", He caught a habit of yelling at her.

His colleague, Kyungsoo was already used to both of their stubbornness.

"It's just food. Why are you making a big deal out of it?", He tried to reason with Chanyeol.

" If I accept it once, she would bring it daily. I don't want to encourage her", Chanyeol explained.

" I'll come even if you don't encourage me ", Wendy stubbornly insisted.

" Get out!!", He threw the lunch box into the dust bin. Wendy left his office, unable to hide her tearful face.

His colleague gave the taller a disapproved look and went back to his cabin.

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair, messing it up in helplessness as Wendy's dejected face appeared in his mind.
He kneeled beside the bin feeling really sorry for his actions.

Kyungsoo peeped into his room and saw Chanyeol stuffing Wendy's food into his mouth.

But then again, Wendy was back to Chanyeol's office that very next week. No one could stop her. Not even Chanyeol.

" Are you going to attend the upcoming wedding?"

" Ofcourse! I'm the best man- wait how did you know about my best friend's wedding?" Chanyeol frowned.

" Minho is my sunbae. He invited me too ", The young woman was overly happy. Chanyeol knew festivals and weddings always excited Wendy.

" Umm?" Kyungsoo looked at them unable to follow their conversation.

" My friend Minho is getting married at the end of this month. You know him too", Chanyeol reminded.

" Oh!! lawyer Choi from the private firm?"

The taller nodded his head. Minho's office was just in the other lane and Kyungsoo did meet him once or twice.

" Shall we go to shopping then?"

" No!"

Wendy sulked a bit but left the place when her father called her to attend a board meeting with him.

 

~

 

The tall and handsome prosecutor won a big case and his team appreciated his efforts. Chanyeol was really happy and proud as he made his way into the cafeteria.

He already shared about the news to his parents and Quads. The only other person that striked on his mind was Wendy.

" Chanyeol...", The said man got snapped out of his reverie by a familiar voice calling him.

" Congratulations...I heard you won the case! So I baked a cake...", Wendy smiled.

" Who told you!?"

" A little birdie told me...!!" Wendy couldn't lie to Chanyeol. " It's Kyungsoo alright."

Kyungsoo hid his face in a file.

" Even in future I will bake a cake whenever you win a case." Chanyeol's heart skipped a beat.

" What if he loses one?" Kyungsoo butted in.

" Then Chanyeol will bake cookies. That would easily distract his sad mind." The woman thought about her time she spent with Chanyeol baking cookies. 

" What a nice future you have planned out!" The little bird was very talkative that day.

" Kyungsoo... would you leave us alone?..." Chanyeol didn't have to repeat himself. His colleague disappeared within seconds.

" Wendy! I don't see any future with you. Alright!? You and I will never happen...", Chanyeol left after making Wendy cry.




 

*** 
 

Kang Seulgi kept calling Kai from the past few hours but he was able to ignore her calls.
In the same manner, Kai was about to disconnect her call one more time but accepted it by mistake. He was officially an idiot! Kai thought.

He was really screwed.

" Yah!! Kim Kai... where are you?" Seulgi yelled.

Kai glared at his phone screen. Her voice was annoying.

" Getting ready for work..."

" Great! Dad asked me to give something to you. Stop by my house...", The call ended before the detective could even disagree with her.

Kai sighed. He successfully avoided seeing her but the devil herself wanted to see him!?

Seulgi stood at the main door, waiting for him.

" Here", She passed him two bottles of wine. " My dad said your dad likes this brand."

" Tell my thanks to uncle Yunho."

Then there was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter