An Online Date

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                  **~ Sehun's PoV ~**  

I went down the stairs, straight into the dinning hall. Our family woke up late and we all sat down for brunch.

"Today Chanyeol helped me to cook ", Dad informed and I was relieved.

Honestly, Mom's cooking . I don't want to disrespect her efforts but I disliked Mom's food from childhood. Dad used to cook most of the time I didn't mind her  special  dishes.

But, now-a-days Mom started to cook a lot more because Dad is busy lately with his office work.

Mom kept saying,  ' I'm still in the learning process' 
Mom had been in twenty five years of her marriage and still she is learning.  Great! 

Even I cook better than Mom and Irene. My sister is very bad at cooking. And I have to include Kai in this. He is so bad at cooking that he might burn down whole house even if he boiled an egg.

We actually requested him to never ever step into the kitchen.

So today I was going to enjoy my meal. I'm glad that Chanyeol is a pro at cooking, more than Dad.

We started to eat after a little prayer. It's actually Mom and Chanyeol who would close their eyes to pray. You see, Mom is a Christian and Dad is a Buddhist.

Chanyeol follows Mom's religion and Irene follows Dad's religion. Where as Kai believes in every God.
But I'm totally the opposite one.

I'm an atheist. Everyone has a right to choose their own preferences, So I do respect others beliefs.

" So Sehun... what happened between you and Yeri?", Mom questioned all of a sudden. I glared at the culprit who was seated right in front of me.

Kai stopped chewing his food and glanced at Chanyeol. " Kaiii", I glared again. " Hey I swear I didn't tell anyone", He shook his head.

I didn't believe him. "Oh...I told Chanyeol. But not to Mom", He confessed.

" Is it true that you rejected Yeri?", Mom intervened and I nodded my head.

" You rejected Yeri?!!", Dad and Irene shouted at once.

Now everyone knows. It's not a big secret but I didn't want others to know. I don't want to be framed as a man who recklessly rejected an innocent girl's confession.

" After shutting herself in her room for a whole week, she finally revealed the reason why she was depressed. Yuri was worried about her", Mom explained.

That news spread like a wild fire in my family. Even my grandparents and Uncle Yixing's family knew about the whole issue.
Why did that Yeri girl tell that to her mother?!! What a pain!

"Why don't we send Kai to their place. I'm sure Yeri will feel better. Even aunt Yuri favours Kai", Well I had to trap my brother.

" Kai baby will you go?", Mom looked at him with her puppy eyes. My Mom is so adorable.

" Sehun!! I won't return in one piece if I go there. Who knows what might happen?! " He shuddered and filled his mouth with food and left the table.

"Mom I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt Yeri but I don't like her that way", I apologized and Mom gave a warm smile.
"Don't worry Hun...I understand", Mom patted my arm.

 

 

 

I don't know why but Mom wanted us to go for fishing with Dad. She said that we should have some father and sons bonding time.

Chanyeol and Kai are excited to go and honestly I was interested too. But as one of us had to take care of Irene I volunteered to stay at home.

I pity Dad because he takes fishing very seriously but with my brothers I'm sure he is going to have a difficult time.

I guessed Dad might not even catch more than two fishes with Chanyeol's continuous blabbers and Kai's constant whines.
I bet that Chanyeol won't even catch a single fish because he cannot sit still even for a single second. He is a living GIF.

My brothers and Dad left for fishing and I had a paper to submit, so I settled myself on the couch with my books and laptop. Mom gave me some snacks to munch on while I study.

I completed my work and stretched my body and got up to get water. And then I heard some whispers of the women in my house.

Mom and Irene seemed to be in a serious talk near the kitchen. I nonchalantly walked over to the dinning room and they were unaware of my presence.

Then I heard three specific phrases. New online boyfriend, a cancelled date, a failed plan.
At this point I couldn't help but to eavesdrop further on their conversation.

From their words I grasped the information that, Mom and Irene discussed about a guy my sister met through online.And she intended to meet him but her secret date was failed horribly because I didn't go out of the house.

They should have discussed such secrets in private. So it was not at all my fault for over hearing their secret.

Mom is helping Irene behind our backs?! This is not fair.

This sister of mine is surely hard to look after. Online dating!! Why does Irene act like a teenager? 

I have to look into this matter before she gets serious about her new  boyonlinefriend .

 

 

 

 

Kai and Chanyeol came back home, with an exhausted and disappointed Dad behind them.

knew it. They only caught three fishes which are smaller than my fingers. Poor Dad. Even Mom and Irene couldn't control their laughter.

Anyway, I had to discuss the important matter at hand. So after our dinner I asked Chanyeol and Kai to visit my room.I immediately filled them in with the new information about Irene's online dating.

Chanyeol widened his eyes and Kai was shocked too. Yes! None of us had imagined that Irene would date someone she met online. Well considering our protectiveness, secret online dating might seem as a better option for her.

As the usual we cannot let her date, especially that annonymous person. But we don't have any other information about him.

Since it is online I'm afraid that Irene could be easily manipulated by that man.

"We need to know about that online guy", Kai spoke out my words.

But the question was, how? It's not like we can ask Irene or Mom about it. 

" Why don't we ask Irene's friends? Maybe that guy could be a student at SM too", Chanyeol spoke and I nodded my head.

But that's another problem. Irene don't have much friends. She is good with all her classmates but she is only attatched with few of her friends.

We cannot check her phone because Irene always carries her phone in her hand or in her bag. She never leave it alone and we don't want to sneak in her room to get it.

That's a limitation even though we are her brothers.

"Let us ask Seulgi for help. She can get us the details", Chanyeol gave out his idea.

Before I could speak, Kai voiced out his disagreement.

"No!! We cannot ask Seulgi. Irene stopped sharing her secrets with Seulgi from high school and I'm pretty sure that Seulgi won't help us", Kai walked up to the window and looked out of it.

He can see Seulgi's house from it. I knew that they are still not in good terms. But she helped us out many times and there is nothing wrong in seeking her help.

" Let me ask her instead of you", I suggested.

"No... Sehun, don't. It's better to avoid Seulgi. Why don't we just ask Wendy's help. She is close with Irene", Kai turned and crossed his arms. Oh that's a good idea too.

" No way! Keep Wendy out of this...", Chanyeol frowned.

"Why not?" Kai hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter