Birthdays and Proposals

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Kai and Irene returned home from their late shift and wanted to sleep very badly but Eunji insisted that they must eat something.

" Maa! We will eat... You can go back to sleep", upon on her second Son's insisting, Eunji set the food on the table and went back to her room.

Irene tried to call Baekhyun but he didn't answer any of her calls. She walked back and forth instead of eating.

" The little COO can take care of himself. Don't worry Irene", Kai assured. "  I'm going to slit his throat if he makes you sad ".

It was not the first time. The Byun heir sometimes contacted after one or two days due to his busy schedules and trips.

Irene decided not to mention Baekhyun that often, because Kai might harm Baekhyun.
Dating a businessman wasn't very easy for the young doctor.






 

              Irene didn't have a peaceful sleep since she got to know about the enmity among the Byun family and that Baekhyun's own uncle wants him dead. She couldn't just ignore the part where Baekhyun might be in danger one more time.

She hugged her knees to her chest and stared blankly at her window. She did not expect to feel such emptiness without Baekhyun's presence.
Irene was single all her life and she should be fine staying away or not talking with her boyfriend just for few days, but she wasn't fine at all. She couldn't handle this sort of loneliness.

Irene finally understood how Sehun was feeling. Was that why break ups hurt so much? She could very much empathize with Sehun.

She has everything, loving family, caring friends, successful career but none of them were enough. Baekhyun. Only his thoughts filled her mind.

One whole week went by but there was no call from Baekhyun. She was going mad, thinking whether he was safe and sound or god forbid, dead somewhere unknown! 

It might look pathetic to others, but Irene felt hollow and incomplete more than before her single life.
One person changed her entire world and she didn't know whether that other person was thinking and feeling the same as her.

 


 

 

 

 

 

"Mom... do you know happened today?" Irene shouted from the main entrance one evening.

" Who is it this time?"

"I was talking with my colleague Siwon and Sehun appeared out of nowhere and uttered some nonsense ", Irene almost pulled her hair.

 Siwon was the senior resident at SM hospital and Irene was worried about Baekhyun's disappearance and her brothers were creating more mess in her life.
Chanyeol and Kai walked from upstairs and heard Irene's frustrated complaints.

"He deserves it", Chanyeol was proud of what Sehun did.

" Chanyeol...!!"Irene scowled.

"You don't know about men. They are not like us. What Sehun did was for your own good", Chanyeol the saint commented.

Proud Sehun entered the house after parking the car. He knew his brothers would support what he did.

"Mom...It's all because of you. From childhood you always told them to take care of me and this is how they take care of me!!" Irene yelled at Eunji.

"Irene... don't take it on mom. We only do what every brother will do ", Kai tried to calm her down.

But Irene was very much frustrated and stomped off into her room and closed the door with a thud. Sometimes their over protectiveness scared her and she had to remind them that she was an adult too.





 

                  After few hours, there a knock on door number four. Irene irritatedly opened it.

"Dinner is ready. Dad is asking for you" Sehun informed calmly.

" I'm not eating".

The Third Quad frowned his brows, "Well have fun with a hungry stomach".
Irene didn't want to face her brothers. She was also guilty about taking out her anger on her mother.

It was almost midnight when hungry Irene tiptoed down the stairs. She wanted to smuggle some snacks from the fridge.

         The living room adjoined to the kitchen was pitch dark. Irene lived in that house since the day they were born and she knew each and every inch of it. She went to switch on the light when three silhouettes sneaked upon her.
Her heart sank as she almost screamed in fear and suddenly the lights were on. Irene could see her silly brothers.

"What are you doing?" She composed herself.

"We are supposed to ask you the same", Chanyeol smirked.
"I heard some sounds and came to check", She lied. They looked at her in suspicion.

" Fine! I came to get some food ", Irene couldn't act more than that.

"Ohh you mean to steal!?" Kai teased and Irene was about to protest but Chanyeol closed .

"One...Two...Three!" Her brothers counted in unison and shouted a loud,"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!"

They had a tight Quadruplet group hug.
Irene was surprised as she temporarily forgot her birthday which she shared with the other three.

 Eunji and Junmyeon held a cake. Irene ran over to hug her parents.

"A very Happy Birthday baby girl", Junmyeon kissed her forehead.
"Mom... I'm sorry for earlier", Irene apologized and hugged her mother.
" Nevermind...Happy birthday dear", Eunji pecked her temple.

"Irene I'm sorry", Sehun apologized. He didn't want to hurt his sister afterall.
                A smile spread on Irene's face as she ran over to hug her three brothers and wished happy birthday one more time.
The Quads sliced the cake together just like every year and fed each other.

Then Chanyeol was solely concentrated on eating the delicious cake and feeding a piece or two into Kai's excitedly talking mouth. Sehun simply smiled at his stupid brothers.

Irene wasn't supposed to each much sweets but Birthday was an exception. Eunji offered a big box of chocolates which she made with the help of her husband.
Junmyeon was content and happy, as he became the Quads personal photographer for the night.

"Even in future, you must spend your birthday together", Junmyeon gave out an order to which they all nodded. 

" Growing old together as siblings feels good and sad at the same time".
Eunji looked in shock when Kai said such sensible words. Her Quadruplets did grew well, matured with time. She wished they were still small and naughty.

" Mixed feelings...I get you bro!"  Chanyeol hugged Kai and Sehun, sparing Irene from his very tight grip.

" We will always be together..." Sehun's muffled voice was heard when Irene joined the group hug.

" Sweaters for you guys", Eunji handed her hand stitched sweaters. She was not good in that skill but she tried her best.

Red coloured sweater for Chanyeol, green one for kai and navy blue for Sehun and purple color for Irene. They took a group pic wearing the sweaters as they celebrated their birthday.

 

 

 

Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun and Irene went to their rooms to bring out the gifts they purchased.

" Kai...your favourite artist concert's tickets and new a Phone ". Chanyeol started his giveaway.
" Hyung!... Wow thank you. I promise I won't lose it", Kai smiled in awe.
" Sehun, here is the professional camera".
" Thanks yeol". Sehun grinned.
" Irene... This is for you".  It was a thin platinum chain with a locket embedded with four little diamonds.
"Aw I love it", Irene hugged him.
 

"One more branded watch to add to your collection", Kai gave a small box and Chanyeol smiled brightly,

" Thank you Kim Kai".

" Gamestation you wanted", Kai passed a large box to Sehun.
" Diamond studs", Kai held the small ear rings.
" They match my outfit", Irene was happy.
 

" Skiing equipment set...", Sehun gave a huge gear set to Chanyeol.
" Thank you. I'll use them well", Chanyeol smiled.
" Designer shoes for Kai..." Sehun was actually a bit hesitant but Kai loves shoes.
" I'll wear them during my formal sessions", Kai was greatly satisfied.
" My Irene, I got this bracelet for you", Sehun asked her to try it. Irene smiled as she held out her hand to wear the gold bracelet.

It was finally Irene's turn.
" Chanyeolie gets a Ukulele". Her first Quad was super happy at the musical instrument.
" Kai this blazer for you ". It easily got her second brother excited.
" Lv suit for you. I want you to wear it when you report the news".
" I'll wear this in my next broadcast", Sehun promised.

The Quads hardly ate together, being in different work schedules.
" We are going to have dinner together. Come home soon", Eunji announced. Birthday was a very special occasion afterall.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter