Unbearable Distance

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wendy and Chanyeol were drifted in low spirits. They lost their cheerful side.

Being stubborn, Wendy visited Chanyeol's work place even when he ordered her not to.
Chanyeol being stubborn was adamant on Wendy to leave his sight.

Wendy wandered around in his office until she found Chanyeol.

"Kyungsoo??!" Wendy exclaimed as soon as she saw a man beside Chanyeol.

" Wendy?! What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo smiled and waved his hand.
Chanyeol was going to avoid to walk in her direction but his colleague took the turn towards her.
And he was also surprised that they both knew each other.

"You know her?"

Kyungsoo adjusted his glasses and nodded.

"We are family friends", Wendy informed and Chanyeol averted his eyes.

"You both knew each other too?"

" My hoobae at college", Chanyeol ignored her little pout.
"No I'm his close friend", Wendy corrected him.

Kyungsoo understood that his colleague and his family friend had some personal issues.

"Let's meet again sometime", Kyungsoo left.

"Why did you lie?"

"Why would I lie? Aren't you my hoobae?"

"We are much more than that. Aren't we?", Wendy looked into his eyes and he avoided her eyes again.

" Look at me. Whatever is the issue, let us discuss okay?" She blocked his advance to the other door.

"I'm busy... Please leave."

Wendy narrowed her eyes. Chanyeol's reply seemed unlikely.

" I want to know why are you running away from me?"

" The world doesn't revolve around you, Wendy. I have my reasons", Chanyeol closed his fists and took a deep breath when he saw Wendy's sad retreating figure. It was so hard to be angry at Wendy. It was not even her fault, and both were suffering equally.

 

 

 


 

Wendy's chain of restaurants were all set and ready to be opened to the public officially.

The young business woman prepared the invitation cards for everyone she knew. Chanyeol and his family were on the top list.
She knew Chanyeol wouldn't accept it but went to his home one morning anyway.

Chanyeol's face was glued to a newspaper when Wendy rang the bell. Eunji opened the door and was surprised to see Wendy after a long time.

"Hello..."

"Oh Wendy! Come in...You came back from England? Chanyeol didn't tell us".

Wendy followed Eunji into the main hall and Chanyeol was startled.

"What are you doing here?" He frowned immediately.

Junmyeon and Sehun came down the stairs.

"Hello uncle, Hi Sehun", She greeted them nervously.

" I'm talking to you. Answer me", Chanyeol raised his voice.

Sehun was shocked to see such reaction. His siblings thought that their friends-lovers relationship was going fine but it looked the opposite.

"Chanyeol! Calm down", Eunji glared at her son.

" I'm going to start my own restaurants and tomorrow is the opening ceremony. So I came to invite you all", Wendy took out the invitations and gave it to Eunji.

"Oh congratulations dear", Junmyeon and Eunji wished her together.

" Are you trying to befriend my family now ?" Chanyeol wanted to sound harsh on purpose and Sehun silently watched them.

" More than anyone, you know how much this means to me. I want you all to be a part of my happy day", Wendy finally turned at him.
His frown was gone as his eyes met her almost glistening eyes.

Chanyeol knew that her dreams were finally coming true and Wendy wanted to share her happiness with him. He want to attend the ceremony, but he didn't want to face Shindong again.

"I'll be waiting for you tomorrow", She said hopefully.

"Don't wait. I won't be coming. I have a job you know, I'm not rich like you and I don't want to waste my time on trivial things". The taller folded his hands in annoyance.

"Bye...", Wendy feinged a smile at his parents and left the house.






 

"Chanyeol even if you are really busy, that was not a good way to talk", Junmyeon frowned. What happened to his caring son? His second son, Kai was always ready to belittle Seulgi and maybe he was bad influence on Chanyeol!

"It's better this way. Otherwise she won't stop bothering us", Chanyeol walked away and saw Sehun gazing at him.

"What?!" The elder snapped.

"I thought you would be confessing after her return. So what happened?" Sehun frowned. Chanyeol gulped before he spoke.
"I guess I don't like her anymore ", He quickly left before Sehun could speak anything else.

His family realised that Chanyeol was in a depressed state because of something related to Wendy. But no one knew the exact reason.








 

Sehun narrated the whole incident of Chanyeol's rude behaviour with Wendy to the night walkers, Kai and Irene. The two were on a night shift and were in deep sleep so they missed out the morning drama.

"Maybe they fought?" Kai guessed.

" FYI not everyone fights like you and Seulgi", Irene mocked.

"Hey!! Don't bring her up", the man gritted his teeth. Just the thought of her made his blood boil in rage and a bit of regret.

"Listen you two, Chanyeol said he doesn't like Wendy anymore. It seems like he didn't confess ", Sehun informed.

That night everyone sat down for dinner, Sehun brought up the taboo topic.
"Who are going to attend tomorrow's opening ceremony?"

"I can't go. I have important conference with vice President", Junmyeon informed.

"I have work too. I'm literally tired of my shifts", Irene complained. "But I really want to attend Wendy's big day", She made a sad face.

Kai was free for the day but he wouldn't know when an unsolved death case would drop on his table.

" I'm going to Incheon to cover the election news", Sehun couldn't go either.

"I'm free", Eunji smiled.

"Chanyeol you should come with me", She told the man who was silent the whole time.
"Mom We don't have to go. I don't want any more mess", He frowned.

"But I want to go", Eunji was stubborn and her kids knew it too. Chanyeol sighed contemplating what he should do.

"This is the invitation card. Look at the name of the restaurant", Sehun pointed it to Kai and Irene, and Chanyeol peeked to have glance at it.
 ' Loeynew ' was written on the top of the card.

"Loeynew? what does it mean!?", Irene looked at Kai in confusion.

" Sister...just because I'm a detective doesn't mean that I can decipher everything", Kai spoke sarcastically.

Irene hit his arms.

"In my assumption, If you flip the letters,'new' it's wen, short for Wendy and if you flip 'loey'.... It would be Yeol, which means- '' , Sehun glanced at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol's eyes went wide in shock.

" Wendy named her restaurant with Chanyeol's...!? It is so romantic", Irene closed in surprise.

"That is some true bond right there", Junmyeon exclaimed.

"That's nonsense", Chanyeol left without completing his food. Rest all looked at each other and held down their heads.

Chanyeol went back to his room in trance. His heart was in pain and he didn't know how to stop that. Why would Wendy use his name? He felt that he don't deserve that. He immediately dialled her number. 

"Chanyeol!!", Wendy sounded happy.

"What the hell were you thinking? It is your restaurant Wendy. Why would you use my name?" Chanyeol almost yelled.

"Just like you said. It is my restaurant and I can name it anyhow I want", The childishness in her words irked the man.

"Don't act smart. By doing this, you think I will accept your love? That would never happen". More harsh words, means more heartache for him later when he rewind his words.

" I registered that name two years ago but kept it a secret to surprise you. I never thought you will th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter