Secret Love

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In past, the Byun family belonged to a dangerous mafia syndicate in SK.
Byun Baekbeom was its cruel leader and his golden era ran with dealing political crimes and illegal activities in and out of the country, making him one of the richest and powerful leaders.

Eventually, Baekbeom's eldest son Byun Xuimin became the leader of their syndicate.
But his youngest son Minseok, an educated man unlike Xuimin, suggested his father to invest their earned money into share market.
Minseok was more interested in increasing his money rather than controlling someone for money. He certainly didn't want to live life like his father and brother.

Being a stubborn, Minseok didn't give up even during huge losses and with improved planning and strategies he became a major shareholder in many companies.

Aged Baekbeom passed away and Xuimin recieved most of his father's inheritance.
But Minseok was already a step ahead, building his own companies with his shares plus the amount he received from Baekbeom helped him.
Soon the surname Byun became a brand name in the country.

Xuimin always wanted to lead the mafia syndicate but he also wanted the properties of his younger brother earned, when he saw the major development of Minseok's wealth and properties.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nonetheless, Baekhyun's father, Byun Minseok became a billionaire just in his mid thirties, having ownership to various top conglomerates in their country.

Minseok had so many affairs with every woman he liked and most women were interested in him because of his immense wealth.
He genuinely loved a woman named Yookyung, his classmate at college but he couldn't marry her because their financial status.

Then Kim Chorong became the first and official wife of Byun Minseok. She was a business woman, born and brought up in a rich family but ended up having an arranged marriage with Minseok.

She also had a great part in improving the Byun companies and became one of the biggest share holders in it. She has half of the board of directors under her hand.

Chorong and Minseok lived like business partners, working hard for their companies sake rather than like a married couple, establishing a family bond.


They were pretty much business oriented in every decision they made.

Lady Byun was lucky enough to give birth to Baekhyun, in such unhappy marriage.

And it still left Minseok feeling lonely even with such beautiful wife and lovely flings. He wanted someone who would love only him, not his money.

His lover, Yookyung gave birth to his daughter and Minseok tried to keep that secret from Chorong. The intelligent woman found out what he was hiding and upon serious confrontation, Minseok boldly brought Yookyung and their daughter Bomi home.

Chorong couldn't file a divorce because of their company and hence they mutually agreed to live under one roof but in different rooms.
Minseok was happy for few years, living with his lover and his daughter. But the love of his life fell sick and passed away in a young age.
 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and his older step sister, Bomi were neutral towards each other while growing up. She was a pampered and spoiled daughter in that rich family and Baekhyun didn't have much bond with her due his mother.

Chorong sent Bomi to study in foreign country after her real mother died. She made Baekhyun stay overseas most the time, because of the constant unseen threats from the mafia leader Xuimin and his sons.

Baekhyun's trusted maternal cousin Kim Jongdae, was always there to help and suggest him regarding the company matters.

They studied together in abroad and were really close which made them bestest of friends.
Jongdae was appointed as the director of the Byun company, since the day Baekhyun became the COO of Byun enterprises.

Chorong never had proper love from her husband, so she showered all her love on her only son Baekhyun. She had high expectations and wanted to see her son ruling their vast company.
But with all the pressure and worry, she was really strict with Baekhyun.

She also made the decisions for him and Baekhyun knew better not to disagree with her.
He not only loved and respected his mother for all her hard work but he was also scared of her. Everyday he had to work hard to reach her expectations.

And the worst part of Baekhyun's life, was that he was always targeted by his own uncle Xuimin and cousins.
That was how he ended up in SM hospital and the only good thing in such horrible ordeal was meeting Doctor Irene.

If he wanted to meet her before, he would have tracked down her details pretty easily, but he let the fate decide it for him and he did meet her at the end, whatever the consequences were.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

During Baekhyun's stay at the hospital, no one came to visit him. He requested the hospital staff to not to reveal his personal details to anyone else.

The police officers just filed the case as drunk and hit accident and as a victim, Baekhyun didn't want to press any charges to whoever did the crime. The case was closed.

" Dad... Uncle Xuimin attacked me again. I'm at the SM hospital...", Baekhyun gave a call to Minseok after a week.

" What?! I'm going to ruin my brother for good. Does your mother know? "

" No! I'll tell her later...", Baekhyun let out a shaky breathe. His father didn't even ask how he was doing or how badly he got injured.

" Alright then... Just stay low until you discharge from the hospital", The call ended in two minutes.

Baekhyun hated hospitals and its synthetic smells. His head ached alot but he wasn't going to rest until he punished who did this to him.

" Naeun...I need your help. I was attacked again but I memorized the number plates of the cars that tried to target me. I want you to trace them out".

" On it Boss". She spoke attentively.

Baekhyun forwarded the details from his phone to Naeun, his trustworthy secretary at work.

Irene who walked in with her white apron, to check her patient has heard his conversation.

" How are you doing today?"

" Bored", The grown-up man pouted.

" I can get some books for you...", Irene offered.

" I would rather read you", Baekhyun gave a cheeky grin.

Kim Irene blushed hard. Her handsome patient was trying to flirt with her whenever she visited him. Expectedly she didn't mind it at all.
But She managed to gather the courage to not to fall for the Baekhyun, which was not so easy. The young man was very charming with irresistable sense of humor.

A friendship was blossomed, irrespective of them being doctor and patient.

Irene just hoped it was different this time. She couldn't put it into proper words but maybe it was not just an infatuation. She decided to wait and get to know more about the man.

Baekhyun was also almost undoubtedly falling for her. It didn't help with the fact that she was kind, so full of goodness in her actions.

 

 

 


 

" Yah Byun Baekhyun..."

Baekhyun woke up from his sleep with such quality voice. He already know who it was before the door was opened.

" You decided to tell me that you are admitted in the hospital after two weeks!!!", Kim Jongdae yelled with a serious frown.

" You were on your long awaited trip with Bomi Noona..."

" So what?!"

" Noona already hates me. I don't want more of it...", Baekhyun looked away from Jongdae's sad expression. He couldn't defend his fiancé because Bomi resents Baekhyun.

" Then what about aunt Kim?" If she was in the country the whole hospital would be in an uproar.

" I told her...and she was crying over the phone...-"

" And?!" Jongdae clicked his tongue.

" Mom said she can't leave Newyork anytime soon. Asked me to take a good care all by myself." Tears thrashed his lonely eyes.

These were the times where Jongdae felt that Baekhyun was very fragile. He regretted leaving Baekhyun alone. 

" Jongdae... I'm fine here. The staff are very kind. Will you go and look after my untouched work in Japan? I don't want to loose my recent deal."

" I'm not leaving you...", Jongdae can be stubborn at times but Baekhyun was able to persuade the man.


 

 

It was very fortunate that Baekhyun's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter