Failed Date

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                   **~ Kai's PoV ~**  

Sunday is my favourite day of the week.
That was the only day where I can sleep and snore how much I want. But I think that some kind of conspiracy was going on in my family.

I don't know why, but somehow my family members would choose to distrub my sleep because of some or the other petty issues.

Two weeks ago Mom woke me up on my precious Sunday because she wanted to go for grocery shopping. Why didn't she ask that on Saturday? And she actually have two other fully grownup sons. So why me!!?

Even Dad woke me up on my sacred day because he was bored that day. Was I an entertainment channel!?

And this week it was Chanyeol's turn to disturb me.

He knocked constantly on my door until I opened it and when I did, he asked whether he could use my bathroom for a shower because the heater in his bathroom was not working.
Dude! There are other rooms in the house too. He could have gone to Sehun's room!

So I was really cranky today as I didn't have complete sleep. And on top of that, it has been a week since we found out information on Irene's online date. Irene had planned to go out on a real date today!

I was very much worried about my sister's safety and discussed about it with my brothers.
But Sehun asked me and Chanyeol to not to bother this date of Irene.

Dad went out to play golf with his colleagues in the morning. And Chanyeol was still in my bathroom. He took his sweet time to bath.

I was on the couch watching SpongeBob while mom prepared my favourite fried chicken to light up my mood.
Irene was in kitchen too. She was stuck with her since morning. Are they planning something behind our backs?!

Irene and Seulgi wisper a lot when they meet too. Seulgi must be at home as it was Sunday.
No I should not think about her.

"Mommm...", Sehun skipped the last two steps of the stairs and went straight into the kitchen.

"Mom... I'm going to college", Sehun held his bag.

"What?! On Sunday? " Mom enquired.

"But the library is open. And at noon I have newspaper club activites", He informed.

Such a hard working college student. Somebody give him a medal!

"Bye Mom...Bye Rene", Sehun left the home just like that.

What was I? A statue of liberty?? Sehun didn't greet me even though I sat right there in the hall.

I tried to ignore my ignorant brother's ignorance, But was he really not worried about Irene's date?!

I was going to have a freaking heart attack over here thinking about what might happen on her date.
Even though Sehun asked me not to worry I couldn't do it. Chanyeol felt the same as me.

 

 

 

After two hours or so, mom and Irene made an excuse of having a compulsory mother and daughter bonding time.

"You and Dad always go out. So why can't I hang out with Mom!!", Irene yelled at poor Chanyeol when he disagreed.

I dumbly stared at them before responding.
"Okay! You can go with mom we won't stop...", I shrugged.

Irene seemed pleased.But seriously what are they thinking? Mom and Irene were being too obvious about their lies.

Irene looked at Chanyeol with a pout.
"Yeah... you can go", Chanyeol tried to act soft.

They went upstairs to get ready and when they came down, I was a bit relieved that Irene dressed up warmly. Mom looked pretty as always. Well, I've got her looks.

"Boys I promise that I will take a good care of Irene", mom pecked my temple and ruffled Chanyeol's hair.

"If anything happens I will call you guys right away", Irene played along.

"It's Okay. Kai and I have other plans. We are planning to go for a movie", Chanyeol who inherited mom's new skill, obviously lied to them.

They went out of the house and got into mom's car.

My big eyed brother and I looked at each other. We were not sure what to do but one thing was clear. We can't stay in the house when Irene was out for a date.

The thought of Irene being with an unknown person terrified me. 

"Chanyeol?", I stared at him and he gave a quick nod.

We both stumbled through the hallway as we hurriedly ran out of the house while simultaneously wearing our jackets and shoes. There was no time to waste.

We sat in my car and I drove as fast as I could. I saw mom's red colored car and followed behind it.
"! We need to hurry!", Chanyeol whined beside me as we lost their car.

"Calm down!! I don't have any superpowers. I cannot teleport us", I frowned and tried to concentrate on driving my car.

I was already cranky and the day was not getting any better.
"Go faster!! Yah! We are going to miss them!", Chanyeol started to complain.

"Chan! I am a law abiding citizen!", I shot him a glare.

"Yeah what a great lie!", My brother rolled his eyes.

I breathed in and tried to stay calm.

Mom drove really fast and I had a hard time in trying to catch up with her in that eight lane road.

" Let's go faster...", Chanyeol nudged me.

So bringing Chanyeol with me was a bad idea. I didn't knew he would freak out more than me.

"Yeol, Zip your mouth. Please...", I concentrated on the road.

'' Kaaai..."

"Chan...shut up... otherwise I'll drop you in the...um, yellow river", I gave my warning.

He stayed quite for a second and when I was almost relieved with his nag...

"But It is in China though... Isn't it?"

"I don't know!!!" I'm poor in geography!

"Yes it is. We went there once. Don't you remember?" He piqued.
I wanted to knock my face at the steering.

Chanyeol!!! A freaking question bank. He got this trait from mom. she always questions us alot.

Plus he is a chatterbox. He was always been like that. And whenever he is tensed he blabbers even more.
I breathed heavily and sighed when I found mom's car. My brother was relieved too.

"So... how would you feel if Seulgi goes on a date with someone??" Chanyeol asked out of blue.

How would I feel if my ex-bestfriend goes on a date? I don't know. I never imagined Seulgi dating anyone. Now that's weird. Why haven't I thought of it before?

I was silent for few seconds until Chanyeol tapped on my arm.

"You don't like Seulgi that way, or do you?", Chanyeol continued from my unanswered question.

I like Seulgi!? In what way? He meant in a romantic way?! Eww No way!! I'm going to stay miles away from Miss Rude.

" What's with all the questions?", I snapped and Chanyeol gave me a curious glance.

"Look Irene got out of the car", Chanyeol pointed out.

We saw mom dropping Irene at an amusement park and Irene waved her hand with a smile as mom drove away from there just we expected.
I slowly parked my car and stepped out of it and we hoped Irene wouldn't see us.

"Okay bro, listen... We are going incognito mode", Chanyeol walked behind me.

"Huh!? "

"I meant we are going to follow Irene stealthily", Chanyeol explained.

"Ofcourse".

We entered the place and Irene was right before us but somehow her petite body disappeared from my sight due the huge crowd.
We checked our surroundings but she was nowhere.

" Where should we look for Irene!?", I was going crazy. There was cheerful shrieks of children playing around and people bumped into each other as they walked from one stall to another.

"Someone said, don't ask who, 'when every thing goes wrong you go right', So let's turn right", Chanyeol educated me.

Wow! who would say such dumb quote! And this dumb fellow actually made me follow such dumb line!

We did turn right ( Chanyeol stubbornly insisted) and walked around the park.
People who couldn't mind their own business looked at us suspiciously. But we don't want any attention. Atleast not now.

We tried to look normal. And it somehow made us look like a couple! I wanted to puke when some passersby said, * cute couple *
* Handsome boyfriends *

Then I realised that Chanyeol and I wore same type of jackets, ( which mom brought for three of us in a discount sale!! ).
Ofcourse people would want to misunderstand as the place was completely filled with couples who wore couple outfits.

I wanted to runaway from there if it wasn't for Irene.
And by heaven's grace we found Irene with a thin and short boy at a candy bar.

We hid ourselves behind few nearby tress.

"Are you kidding me??!", I exclaimed.

" What did I do?", Chanyeol frowned and I pointed at our left row of trees.
He followed my gaze and shaked his head.
"No way!"

We saw Sehun in a typical black hoodie and cap.
Chanyeol and I approached him and Sehun was baffled.

I pressed my lips before I spoke, "What are you doing here?"

Kim Sehun Mr. Nerdy! Who was supposed to be at the college library was actually lurking behind trees in an amusement park.

"Well..I was worried. He is still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter