New Friendships

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                  **~ Chanyeol's PoV ~**

 

 

I met Wendy yesterday and since then my siblings started to teasing me. As the usual we all sat together for lunch. And Minho joined us 

"Oh look who's coming", Minho gestured. I followed his eyes and saw Wendy walking to our table.

"Wow", Kai exclaimed. "This is getting interesting", Sehun told Irene and she smiled at me.

"Ah! ... It's your fault for taking those pictures", I blamed my friend. It was all his fault.
" Hey everyone did the same. I better go now", Minho calmly escaped before I strangle him.

"Hey Hi Chanyeol...", Wendy greeted formally with a wide smile and I couldn't help smiling back.

"Hii".

She took the empty spot beside me and then looked at the other three before her.

"Oh ?!! Op...??!! Oo?!!", Wendy exclaimed so loudly that students from other tables glanced at us.

"Hey can you lower your voice?", I hushed and she instantly closed .

" You know them too?", she asked with little confusion on her face.

" Yes we knew each other from childhood ", Sehun smirked.
" In fact we grew up in one house", Irene spoke. "We shared some space in my mother's womb", Kai grinned at her.

Can't they all just get to the point!? What's with the riddle like replies. I was about to tell her that we are Quadruplets.

But Wendy cut me off and shrieked, "Omg... Don't tell me that you are the quadruplets!!", She was surprised. We all gave a nod.

" Wow... I'm so excited right now. Chanyeol see my hands are shaking ", she held out her trembling hand to me.

I don't know what came over me but I unknowingly held her hand. From my peripheral vision I can see that my siblings teasing grin.

I immediately realised what I did and pulled my hand away from her's. I am so stupid. Ah! I just want to hide somewhere. Out of habit I scratched my nape and she did the same.

" I was just super excited to see Quadruplets", Wendy broke the awkward silence.

"It's Okay", I tried to stay composed. But I know that my siblings won't let me live peacefully from now on.

" You have three siblings! I envy you because I'm an only child", Wendy made a pout. She looked cute.

"It's hard to manage so many siblings", I feinged a sigh.

"Oh excuse me? We are still here", Kai waved his hands on my face. " We feel the same brother. It's hard to manage you", Irene snapped at me.

" Why are you acting like an eldest child? We all are born on the same day but just few hours apart", Sehun frowned at me.

"Aww ... What a sibling love", Wendy looked at them like a cute puppy. And they laughed at her except me.

" That's a sibling fight", I corrected her. "But having siblings is a great gift", Wendy piqued. I understood that she was a lonely child.

" Why are you here?", I changed the topic.

" We don't have to go to your professor anymore. I went and spoke with him and he forgave both of us", she informed proudly. Professor Lee is not the type to forgive easily! How did she persuade him?!

"Great! ", I was relieved with what she said. Oh I thank good heavens for helping me from Prof. Lee's ridiculous assignments as punishment.

"But what about your class? This is not a free time for first year's right?"

Wendy played with her hair locks. "I ditched my class. Because I wanted to meet you again", she mumbled.

He didn't expect she would say that.

"I wanted to know you better and to be your friend", Wendy looked at me with a smile," From now on let's get to know each other, okay?"

I was speechless. I couldn't help but think that she is interested in me?!

My siblings just watched our conversation and ate in silence.

" Chanyeol ?" Wendy looked in anticipation. I'm still mute for unknown reasons. I'm actually very sociable and talkative–that's what they say–but I'm tounge-tied right infront of her.

Sehun kicked my leg under the table and I glanced at him with a frown. 'say- something', Kai mouthed. I shifted my gaze on Wendy and she just blinked her eyes.

"Ah!! I-I don't want to", I spoke after a pause and she seemed sad. I don't like this sad expression of her's.

" Wendy... it's good to meet you again but we can't be friends...", I tried to explain.

" I know that friendships don't happen overnight but we can atleast try", She was optimistic. I'm interested to befriend her but I'm hesitant too.

"Wendy listen...", I was about to politely decline her again but she swiftly stood up from her seat. I looked at her and she was ready to leave.

"My phone number. Make sure to message from yours. Bye everyone ", Wendy smiled as she handed me a piece of paper and left.

After she was gone, my siblings pierced their gaze at me. What now?

" Don't stare at me like that ", I looked at the paper in my hand.

"Why are you like this? Wendy seems like a good person", Irene wasn't happy.

" A pretty girl was trying to be close. You should have agreed right away", Kai spoke out and I rolled my eyes. 

" She just asked to be friends. Not to date. You should have been nicer", Sehun also gave his opinion.

" What was I supposed to say? Come on guys, I just know her from yesterday. So I didn't know what to say", I confessed my worry.

"That's why you should try to know about her", Irene spoke.
"Yeah don't over think", said Kai.
"Now give her a message ", Sehun's words seemed like an order.

"But...", I was still unsure.
"You want me to do it?" Sehun tried to grab my phone. Ugh! What a pain!
"No... Fine I'll message her", I held back my phone and typed a 'Hi' message to Wendy.

"Well done bro", Kai clapped.

I don't know where this is going but maybe it's not that bad to befriend her.

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

It's been three weeks since I messaged Wendy and she replied me with a 'Hello Chanyeol. I'm saving your number'.

But other than that I didn't see nor hear anything much about her. But my siblings still constantly teased me about her. I just ignored them.

After the final lecture, I came out of my class and I saw Wendy eagerly waiting for someone. Is she here for me?!

I felt awkward to approach her but my feet walked towards her anyway.

"Hey..."

" Chanyeol !! Hi ", Wendy waved her hand.

I'm still mute. I need to think of something. I'm a great speaker. Why can't I start a conversation with this girl?! wait! Should I talk about weather? No! About my siblings... No that's a big NO.

"I thought you would call me but you didn't. So I came to meet you", She initiated to talk.

" I was busy... college stuff", I lied.

"Chanyeol...can we go for a coffee?", Did she just ask me out? Why am I acting like this. Chanyeol this is not a date. She is just asking for a friendly cup of coffee.

"Okay", I agreed and we walked to the parking area.

" You have a bike? Cool!", Wendy seemed interested.

"You like bikes? ", I explained my bike configurations and she understood everything I said.

"That's my car ", she pointed at a black Audi car on the other row.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter