Work Life

The Quadruplets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


" Wendy confessed that she love me", Chanyeol whispered to his friend.

" That is so expected. Did you tell Wendy that you liked her too?" Minho was excited.

Chanyeol vaguely explained what has happened that last evening.

"What the heck? Are you out of your mind?", Minho yelled in shock.

" I wanted to say I love you too, but then I was scared. What if ,after being in a relationship we start hating each other? That will be worse".

Minho was totally mad.
"Just because you might hate Wendy later, you told her that you only think of her as a friend?" He looked at Chanyeol in disbelief.

" Being best friends forever is better than dating and breaking up", Chanyeol defended himself.

"God! I pity Wendy now. Poor girl...", Minho muttered.

Minho knew that his bestfriend was really stubborn and no one could change his mind when he decides on something.

Even after such daring confession, Wendy was her usual self with Chanyeol. He was relieved that the younger did not bring up that topic again.

Chanyeol would sit with his books piled up infront and Wendy would join, with her business administration books. The final exams were just around the end of the month and everyone visited the library like a coffee shop.

Irene looked like a patient because of her intensive study schedule and she didn't have time for proper sleep. At one point, Irene's family suggested her to quit her studies. But she stubbornly insisted to pursue her dreams.

Kai was so busy with his studies and various trainings at the academy that he forgot the existence of someone named Seulgi.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are your plans after graduation?", Wendy asked as they were going to graduate soon.

"After completing law school, I need to clear the bar exams. Then I'll have a job", Chanyeol informed.

" What about you? "

It doesn't matter what Wendy did, at the end she must take over her parents company. Wendy was never interested and always complained to the older about it.

Chanyeol need to work hard to get a job even after graduation. He realised that day how Wendy was different from him. She was a millionaire after all.

" I want to open my own restaurants and my parents agreed because it is a business too. So I'm planning to do my masters both in MBA and culinary. I convinced my parents about it", She said with a bittersweet excitement.

"Wow! that's a great news ", Chanyeol was happy for her.

" I skipped my meals and didn't talk to them for two days...", She grinned.

" Those are the perks of being an only child ", He laughed.

" But...My dad wants me to go abroad for masters. That is his only condition and I'm still thinking about it".

Wendy would have gone easily if there was no Chanyeol in her life. But now she liked him so much, going away for two years was impossible.

What was there to think? It was a rare opportunity and It would be a good exposure if she studied in a foreign country. Chanyeol encouraged her.

" I don't want to leave you", She mumbled.

"Wendy I like being with you but our friendship is precious to me".

Wendy frowned at how Chanyeol friend-zoned her everytime. She ignored her surroundings and kissed on his cheek and the man became red.

"Wendy!"

"I have had few crushes before... But you are different...I'm not giving up on my love", Wendy said with a serious face.

" If I stay away from you, I cannot make you fall in love with me", She complained.

" Don't give up on your career because of me. I want you to live your dreams", Chanyeol convinced her and she agreed to go.

 

   

 

In SM university, the convocation ceremony was held in a grand scale.
Eunji and Junmyeon walked over the whole university multiple times and tried to appear at the right moment at three different departments for their three childrens graduation.

The Kim couple were glad that they didn't have to run for one more department as Sehun had graduated last year.

Wendy's parents were absolutely proud and satisfied as their daughter was the topper in her department for four consecutive years. She got admission in a top business school in England and was set to leave in few days.

Chanyeol scored outstanding merits and received a gold medal from the university.

Irene got selected ( a rare golden chance ) as a intern doctor in SM multi-specialty hospital, which was co-joined with SM university.

Kai wanted to pursue his career as a crime detective.  The proud satisfaction of capturing the culprit by researching and analysing each and every clue made him excited. He loved sloving math and somehow he also loved to solve crime cases.
Soon after clearing the toughest of the rounds, Kai got selected as an assistant detective in Seoul Crime Beaure of Investigation.

Sehun's military service has ended and he immediately took an internship program at a newspaper company. He was so passionate to work as a reporter.

All the Quadruplets plus Wendy and few of their common friends met at the after graduation party and took a lot of commemorative photographs. University life had so many precious memories and it tugged their hearts to leave them behind as they step into the real life world.

They promised to be in touch and to meet whenever possible, but clearly aware that everyone's paths were different.


 

     


 
 

Wendy talked about Chanyeol all the time at home. She would narrate everything they did at college along with his siblings.

"Wen! you need to stop your friendships and concentrate on your studies", Shindong suggested rather seriously when his daughter packed her luggage.

"Dad...! I love my friends", Her friends were never a barrier to her studies. Shindong knew that too. He was just being a strict parent.

Chanyeol promised Wendy that he would go to the airport to send her off. He bought a bouquet of white roses, both of their favourite. Wendy waited for him along with her parents.

"Where is everyone?" He walked towards her.

"I met all my friends in the morning. But I wanted to see you before I leave ",Wendy stated the obvious.

The taller nodded knowingly and smiled widely as he handed the bouquet. Wendy then introduced Chanyeol to her parents.

"Mom, Dad... this is Chanyeol".

Taller bowed and greeted the Son couple.

" Chanyeol huh! We have heard quiet a lot about you", Shindong gave a firm handshake. The taller felt embarrassed.

It was boarding time and Wendy's mother became emotional.

"You can visit her every weekend if you want honey", Shindong comforted his wife.Shindong hugged his darling daughter. He would surely miss his talkative child.

Wendy approached Chanyeol, who stood a bit away from the family.

Tears rolled in Wendy's eyes, " I will miss you Chanyeol".

Chanyeol immediately hugged her unable to hold back himself.
" Just come back soon", He whispered, "Because I will miss you too".

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter