Fights Before Departure

Can't Even Deny

*Teddy POV*

For some reason, right now aside from the fact that I'm single now, a part of me feels calm, but it's almost like I feel another way completely...How do I explain this???

I feel like a whole other part of me feel another way. Hurt. Sad. Slightly cusious and alone. Why am I feeling like this? Like...like..someone else's emotions? I don't know....but if possible....whose?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*D'Essence's POV*

 

Last night when I got home after the incident, I felt a little lost. I didn't want to tell anyone in my family so I called Asha. She. Was. Furious.

 

She ended up telling Devin of course. Man, he was even worse than her!!! Screaming and yelling in the background about how it doesn't make anyone a man when they put their hands on a female that way. Stuff like that. And now, it was morning. Time for school. Asha and Devin said they would pick me up today.

 

BEEP BEEP!!!

Guess they're here.

 

As I got my stuff together and headed out the door, I heard my sisters talking, "What's wrong with Dee today? She looks so.....gone..."

"Maybe something happened. Or maybe because today is you guys' last day going to this school."

Shayla agreed, "I guess."

Sometimes she walks to school with her friends or catches the bus with them, that's why we aren't going together today.

 

"Hey y'all...Aw...I'm going to miss this car, too....." I said to my best friends as I got into the backseat rubbing the leather of Devin's car. Asha pouted, "I can't believe you're moving to a different country, girl. You're gonna miss being around black people for sure, but it's good you can go out and experience another culture like you wanted."

Devin nodded.

I laughed. My best friend and her boyfriend knew me so well. Better than Andre did...

Oh..

Let me not speak or even think about him...

 

 

It wasn't a long drive to school at all. We got there a little early actually. I sighed. "Wow. I have to go the rest of the school year eithout my best friends. I'm gonna cryyyyyyy!!!!"

Asha & Me cried together:

"I'M GONNA MISS YOUUUU!!"

*sniff sniff*

We turned to see Devin patting on us on the back trying not to cry, too (LOL)

Devin: "What?"

I chuckled.

Devin: "Anyways, hopefully you can visit us or we can visit you after the school year ends. I'll pick up some more shifts to raise money so me and Asha can get plane tickets there for the summer.

Asha looked up, "Awwww!! You would do that?!"

Me: *sniff sniff* I nodded, "That is soo sweet...I hope you guys can visit, too. I would be so sad if you guys couldn't. I'll find a job, too though, I promise. That way you don't have to spend all that money. I'll pay half, you pay half for the tickets."

We talked and laughed a little more and then got out of the car. Some chick with an ugly, busted weave in her hair walked up to Devin, "Tell yo lil' friend Dre to stop avoiding my calls! Ever since he found out about me having his baby, he's been acting strange and different!! He's the one who freaking told me that he wanted a family with me!! He needs to be responsible! This is his baby! We-"

 

Devin was already gone. He ran as fast as he could to find Andre. Asha chased after him, "OH MY GOD! DEVIN!!!!!!" I stood there for a little bit and tried hard to hold my tears in.

A baby? A family? W-wha.....?

And this broad gon' get in my face, trying to fight me for no reason, "B*tch are you tearing up? Who the are you? Are you tearing up over my  man?" BLAH BLAH BLAH.

 

Lemme say this:

 

It only took one shove. That girl fell flat on her face.

Honestly at the moment, I didn't care whether she was really pregnant or not. I didn't care if she was okay. I ran over to where a crowd was forming not caring whether the girl was okay or not. I spotted Asha screaming, "DEVIN!!! STOP!!!" Then I saw what was going on.

 

Devin was literally pounding Andre with his fists. Andre was already on the ground. Looking all defeated even though the fight was still going on. Devin got as many hard punches and kicks in as he could. Blood was everywhere. Wow. Devin was one of the calmest people I knew.

 

But there were only 3 ways to mess with his family:

 

1. Mess with his queen. A.K.A. Asha.

 

2. Mess with his family.

 

3. Mess with me.

 

By me being Asha's best friend, he became my best friend. So he can be quite overprotective sometimes. But it's all good. Anyways, to see him this angry surprised me. That guy could really fight!!! I pushed a frightened Asha behind me and tried to get in between Andre and DEvin. When Andre spotted me, I came to be the bigger person and stuck out my hand to help him up. After all he did.

 

And you know what he did?

 

Spit blood on my shirt.

 

 

We stared at each other for a moment in time. Devin saw what happened and continued his punching and kicking. 

 

I stepped back this time. Andre didn't get any hits in at all. Wow. Shayla and her friends spotted me with their eyes wide, and ran over to the crowd.

Shayla: "Oh my God!! D'Essence!! What's going on?!!? Is that blood on your shirt!? D'Essence!! D'Essence!" I didn't answer her. Finally, some teachers and security guards ran over to us. "WHAT IS GOING ON OVER HERE? DEVIN? ONE OF MY STRAIGHT A STUDENTS? WHY IS HE IN A FIGHT? SECURITY! SOMEONE GET THE PRINCIPAL I THINK THAT ANDRE BOY LOST 3 TEETH!" a teacher yelled.

 

Security guards started pulling Devin off of Andre. The principal came, "What is the meaning of this?" I was busy trying to get Asha to stop crying. She didn't want her lover suspended or possibly expelled.

As they were dragging him away, I ran over to him leaving Asha in Shayla's arms, "DEVIN!"

He turned around.

"Thanks."

He slightly smiled and nodded. After him and Asha got together, me and him gained a great brother-sister relationship. "Dee. Take care of Asha for the rest of the day. Tell her I'll be okay. I don't like seeing her cry. That hurts." I nodded.

And they took him away.

Through the corner of my eyes I saw that maybe-pregnant-girl trying to help Andre off but he kept shooing her away muttering, "Leave me alone" and groaning in pain. That's exactly what he gets. Bastard. She can have him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran back over to Asha, the teachers started shooing kids away telling us to go to our first hour. "Asha, don't cry, he doesn't like you crying. Be strong for him okay? He'll be okay. And he shouldn't even be suspended for too long. He's a great student at school and the whole freaking staff knows that. Come on..."

Asha: *sniff* "O-okay"

As we walked to our first hour class, I passed Andre's supposed baby mama.

She stopped in her tracks. We maintained eye contact.

Then her friend walked up to her, "Tammy!! Hey girl!!" "Hey Khadijah, wassup girl"

I rolled my eyes and kept my feet walking.  To finish my last day at this school...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The rest of the day went by quickly. All my teachers told me they were going to miss me, while some of the students were just talking about the fight.

 

"What were they fighting over?"

"Who knows..."

"Did you guys see how much blood that was?"

"I thought I saw a tooth flying in the air!"

"Me, too!"

"Who knew Devin could fight!"

"He tore his up!!"

And many more.   Man. Now how do I get this blood off of my shirt?

 

 

At the end of the day, me and Asha walked over to the main office to see Devin and Andre in there. We rushed to the office. Asha ran into Devin's arms.

"Baby? Y-you okay??"

"I am now, were you crying?"

Asha nodded shyly, "A little..."

I smiled.

I stepped into the conversation, "What did they tell you, Devin?" He smiled, "Ha, I only got 2 days. In school suspension, too so I can still do my work without missing that much."

Asha's short self jumped up, "That's great baby!" "Yeah..but my parent's weren't too happy though, but I explained to them the main reason I fought him though, you know they love you two. So they understood, they didn't scold me too bad." I thanked him a couple more times, the conversation lasted a little longer. I got teary eyed again, "Guys....I'm gonna miss y'all so much."