Phone Call from who?

Can't Even Deny

*D'Essence's POV*

My name is D'Essence, pronounced Dee-Ess-ence .

I'm from Detroit, Michigan but I live in Southfield right now, we've been moving a lot lately. (A/N: You'll know why as we get more into the chapters...)

 

Anyways-----

"Dee Dee!!!!!!! Mama said come do the dishes!!!" My 15 year old sister barged in my room.

I rolled my eyes, "Child, how many times have I told you not to be barging in my room like that?!"

She replied with her dramatic attitude and neck rolling, "I'm not no child, girl, I'm only 3 years younger than you! So who you callin' a---"

"Can you please get out?" I interrupted, already annoyed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went down to do the dishes. The house was a little quiet today (minus Shayla's big mouth).

"Ma" I yelled.

No Reply.

 "Ma.."

No Reply.

"MA!"

 

 

"What...?" Her sleepy voice came from her small bedroom.

"Where's Diana?"

"At work..."

"Mama, you need to get up, you gotta go to work soon...."

*No one's POV*

She groaned, currently their mother was holding 3 jobs. They weren't paying great, but it was usually enough for food, and to pay the bills for their small ugly 3 bedroom house. Dee had her own room, her mama had her own room, and Shayla and Diana shared a room. Diana was their extremely smart 20 year old sister, she absolutely loved to cook. She could fix up the best meals when they had enough food! But she was always working...Trying to help their mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day after that boring day.

(D'Essence's POV)

 

It was finally Friday afternoon, I had just got home from the library after school with my boyfriend Andre.

Okay...soooo let me tell you about this dude. 

 

I'm usually considered the smart but who'll never get bullied girl. A lot of people know not to really mess with me. When I first started dating Andre, EVERYONE knew not to mess with me. It's like I have a huge label on my forehead that says 'Andre's girl'. My best friend Asha is dating Andre's best friend Devin. They're a really funny odd couple though....

 

Anyways, about Andre. We started off all extra happy and stuff. But lately I think he's been getting into a lot stuff he's not supposed to be doing. He's been hangin' out with his older brother's friends lately and his older brother is a part of a gang. He's always smoking or doing some type of drug when I see him. Andre used to tell him to put it away everytime because he didn't want me to see that type of stuff..But now...he doesn't do that anymore...But think he's just getting into trouble. Now when we're near his brother Andre looks like he wants to join them...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Daaang D'Essence why you always readin'?" my younger sister said pointing at the huge stack of books I was carrying. "Girl, you act like it hurts to read, and i'm just working on this project and some other stuff..."

"Ha! Other stuff? Like what, that chinese? Japanese? What you learnin' again? Girl you ain't gonna get nowhere with that in life! What is wrong with you? Plus boys don't like smart girls, fool. I don't even know why Andre is with you!!! You need to study something you gonna use-----"

Diana walked through the door, "Shayla, shut UP, God-lee! I can hear your loud mouth from outside, you need to learn how to lower your voice, and to stop talking mess to Dee, at least she IS studying,  all you do is talk. You think JUST doing that is gonna get YOU in life? So how're you just going to dawg her if you ain't doing nothing at all. And before you say something else, let me just tell you right now, I'm not hating on you or nothin', just be real. Oh, and by the way, it's Korean."

Thank God she interrupted Shayla because she was about to get slapped! Shayla didn't have anything else to say, she was defeated, she walked to her room.

*sigh* I love my older sister.

But about why Andre is with me?? I don't really know anymore. I know I'm not that pretty but still....she didn't have to bring that up. She usually doesn't speak to me about Andre during her usual dumb chatting.

*sniff sniff* *sniff sniff*

Who's that? I found my mom in her room. "Mom?"

Mom had her head in her hands, she heard me coming so she started trying to wipe her tears but it was too late, I had seen them.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" I sat next to her.

"Oh ---sniff--- nothin' baby, nothing you need to worry about...---sniff---"

"Ma...."

***RIIIIIIINGGGG***

I went to go get one of the only phones in this household. We only had two: my mama's cell phone, and this cheap house phone that was ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is Miss Monica Carter there?" a man answered.

"Umm yes...wait a minute, may I ask who is calling?"

"Just say it's Yang Goonie. She'll know who it is."

Okaaaaaaaay.....?

I set the phone down and went towards my mom's room. "Ma? Phone call."

"Who is it?"

"He said his name is Yang Goonie or somethin'."

Her face automatically lit up extremely surprised, "For real??"

"Yeah, ma, who is-------"

She excitedly ran out the room to get the phone. "Well dang" I mumbled.

I went in the living room where my mom was....

"Hello??" she asked anxiously. She mouthed to me "Baby, go in your room I'm on the phone"

Oh Lord, who is she on the phone with?

I went to my room, finished my homework and listened to some music called K-Pop. A while ago I had come across it on Youtube, and had been listening to K-Pop ever since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*THE PHONE CALL* :

(no one's POV)

"Hello??"

"Monica?" YG spoke into the phone.

"Oh my God, it IS you!!!" she jumped, "How've you been??"

He chuckled. "I've been really well...I'm married and everything and I own YG entertainment in South Korea. A lot has happened, Mo."

"Aw...I'm so proud of you..." Monica pouted a little, she mentally compared how she and her family was doing compared to her old best friend YG. 

"You don't sound proud, chingu(friend), what's wrong?"

"I've  just...I've just been through a lot, and I am proud of you, I really am, I was just...comparing our lives right now.." she slowly admitted.

"Awwww, Momo...like what?"

She explained everything to her old best friend. Man, she missed him so much, they used to be so close before. It felt good talking to him again.

(A/N: Don't worry ya'll!!! You will find out what she told them and what they've been through!!!!)

After she was done telling their story, he sighed angrily, and finally said "Monica, I wish I was there for you...I'm so sorry....I'm so sorry that happened..."

There was a pause....he was thinking, "Monica....what if...what if I brought you and your family here?"

Monica was completely shocked. "W-What???"

"What if I brought you and your family here, to South Korea? You said one of your daughters was learning Korean anyways, right? It would be a very good opportunity, I'll pay for everything! I swear, Mo----"

"Goonie....I don't want to burden you or anything, you don't have too...." she said.

"BURDEN me? HA! Noooo! Come on, Mo, you can meet my wife and see my business. You can get a job at my company, too!!!! I'll pay you more than you were getting paid with all those jobs combined! Please Mo....think about it...it's a great opportunity. You guys could stay at my mansion until you can get on your feet...please Mo..." YG was practically begging.

She hesitated...."Um..um...I..I think it would be a good opportunity, too... and I did just get fired from one of my jobs today, and those are good offers...soo....."

"OKAY IT'S SETTLED!!! YAYYY!! IT'LL BE LIKE OLD TIMES,OKAY? OKay well maybe not exactly like old times because I don't have the same back I had years ago...and energy....but it'll still be fun okay?? okay!! yaaay!!!"

Monica chuckled at her old friend's behavior, "Hahaha!!! You're silly! O-okay...well I guess we're moving! Wow....Yang Hyun Suk? When?"

"As soon as possible!! Quit all those jobs! Oooh and I'm going to meet your daughters! Aaawww you guys'll be part of the YG Family!!!" :P

-----End of Phone call-----

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 No Teddy Park in this chapter :/ sorry guys. but I hope you all liked it!!! :P :) please comment and let me know if you want more and what you think about it! please subscribe because I will DEFINITELY try to update often!!! <3333

S-u-b-s-c-r-i-b-e!

                                     -Taylor