Two

Lies and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Month Later

Things were hard but Jeongyeon wasn't alone.

She had her friends with her.

The first week, she was still under the water choking gasping for air before she couldn't any longer. It was the deep end of it all. She would cry herself to sleep and stay up looking at old pictures remembering the time stopped for that one moment.

She drank soju bottles until she passed out a few times and Nayeon had to call Inseong and Juho over to help her. She had to take cold showers to wake up at first and then a warm one so the temperature didn't affect as much. The days left like years and the pain was still there.

Another week was coming and soon another. Jeongyeon had help with Nayeon most of the time staying with her and helping her. She never complained to Jeongyeon to snap out of stage of being depressed.

Everyone is different and she is still adjusting to the loss of her sister. It was a big adjustment and Jeongyeon did need time but everything felt hard for her to keep going. What was the point in living? What was the point of her waking up every morning and do nothing. It was then that Nayeon had to make a choice for Jeongyeon.

Inseong and Juho agreed as well that Jeongyeon needed to start getting better. They understand her loss but life keeps going. If others can keep going so can she. She just needed a little push.

Again, it was hard at first but by the time Jeongyeon was putting effort into her life, she was taking small steps. At first she didn't want to. She was being a child, wanting to do nothing and not care. But Nayeon magically managed to bring over a few other friends of Jeongyeon and help her get better.

There was a lot of heart to heart talk and somehow that did help her. It was easy to talk to friend about her pain. Even if nothing could replace that hole that was in her heart now, it was best to try and adjust to her life without her sister.

At first, Jeongyeon was lying to herself.

It started at work. She had been a waitress at her family restaurant but with her almost breaking the plates and not talking often, her father moved her to the front to be a hostess with her cousin Taeyang and her friend Jaeyoon. It was better that way and they could keep an eye out on her. She had to smile and greet the guests which wasn't easy since she was used to doing fake smiles. She took them to their table and would go back to the front and cross out which places were being used so everyone could take a turn and just talk about things.

Sometimes at work for Jeongyeon was the best time. She wasn't home in her own thoughts making her feel sad or anything. It was a good distraction for her and she enjoyed being around her cousin and friends. She always liked his name since it suited him well.

He was a ray of sunshine for her that she needed. She was getting better slowly and the healing process sometimes did . But she was adjusting.

As for her family, her mother didn't get out of bed for a long time. Jeongyeon hadn't been over and her other sister Seoyeon was worried about her. Their father tried to get her out of bed but all she did was scream at them to get out. So with the idea from Seoyeon, it was better to send their mother away to her sisters for some quiet.

It was the best.

Seoyeon had to adjust to her life but she hadn't been in contact with her little sister or her parents. It had always been that way. She was always a hard worker in her city and she didn't like distractions. She had her own life that she build after she moved out.

Blood maybe be in the family but it doesn't always mean they will stay around. Jeongyeon never questioned her since they didn't have a good relationship. Seungyeon was fun and playful where as Seoyeon was the quiet and serious one.

Sometimes, Jeongyeon felt she didn't just lose one, she lost both. But it didn't matter, Jeongyeon found her family in her friends and that's all that mattered to her.

- - -

It was another day of getting back to her life and Jeongyeon was going to the store to pick up a few things. She had the day off and wanted to get some air. One day when she was getting better, Nayeon came over with Jihyo and suggested they got rid of all the bad energy laying around the room.

Taeyang, Hwiyoung and Chanhee took her out for the day and let the girls do their thing. Jeongyeon had a soft spot for her younger friends so she couldn't say no to them. She agreed and they took her to the pond so they could feed the ducks and one took a liking to Hwiyoung as it was chasing him.

When she got back home, her apartment smelled like nothing but a sweet floral scent of lavender and for some strange reason, she felt better and relaxed. She had to give her friends props for what they did.

Since then, lavender has been her favorite sent. Even her clothes smelled like it. She never forgot to get more of it when she left the store. Not to mention it was in her favorite color.

Jeongyeon heard laughter and she turned her head a little too quick making her head spin and felt weak. She had been dealing with a headache for a few days and wished it would go away. She saw two girls laughing at each other and their mother was holding their hands. She watched them as they were enjoying their day.

She couldn't help but feel a twitch on the corner of as she watched them. She looked away from them and stared at the ground seeing how this was her life now. She was trying to promise herself that she wouldn't think of ways to cry. But how could someone who gave you so many memories make you feel vulnerable at times.

Jeongyeon closed her eyes feeling the lump in pushing it back down and trying to remember where she was going. She crossed the street and walked down a few blocks before she got ready to go over to another street. But a memory popped her mind making her stay in her place as her vision got fuzzy.

- - -

A fourteen year old Jeongyeon was laying on her bed on her stomach with a lollipop in as she was looking at the magazine of the latest fashion. She smiled seeing the new trend and couldn't wait to go and shop for it. She smiled as she took out her lollipop with a smack.

"Jeongyeon?" Seungyeon came into the room with her hair in a bun and an oversize tee with shorts. "Have you seen my shirt with the heart with a bandage on it?"

Jeongyeon looked up at her with a smile. "Nope."

Seungyeon who was now seventeen knew when her sister was lying. She smirked and went to younger sisters closet. Jeongyeon quickly got out from her bed and went to block the entrance.

"What are you doing?" Jeongyeon widen her eyes.

"You don't mind right? I just want to check if it's here." Seungyeon smiled pushing her out of the way but Jeongyeon didn't move.

"I told you I don't have it." Jeongyeon fought back with her sister.

Seungyeon stopped for a moment and glared at her. "I never asked if you had it. I asked if you have seen it? Big difference."

"So? I said no!" Jeongyeon held the doors to her closet but Seungyeon managed to pull Jeongyeon out of the way and heard her groan from the bed. Seungyeon looked through the shirts and smiled shaking her head. She grabbed the hanger and showed it to her Jeongyeon.

"Oh!" Jeongyeon smiled innocently. "How did that get there?"

"Really?" Seungyeon raised her eyebrows crossing one arm.

"It must have been mom!" Jeongyeon laughed getting up rolling her eyes. " You know her, she gets all of our clothes confused these day."

Seungyeon closed her eyes sighing and opened them flicking her sister on the head. "Stay out of my stuff Jeongyeon."

"Why? They look better on me!" Jeongyeon retorted back but smiled at her older sister. "Besides sharing is caring right?"

Seungyeon rolled her eyes going to the door and saw Seoyeon looking into her book. "Do you take my clothes without asking?"

Seoyeon looked up looking at her sisters. "Why would I? I have my own clothes."

"Exactly." Seungyeon glared at Jeongyeon and pushed her back from taking the shirt. "Stay away from my things!"

Jeongyeon pouted for a moment and then smiled knowing she still had a few other things. She turned back and went to her dresser and laughed seeing a pair of skinny jeans that were fitting her good and it was the in style. What she didn't know was that Seungyeon came back and widen her eyes seeing the pair of jeans.

"YOO JEONGYEON!"

The younger girl widen her eyes and held the jeans close to her. "It's not what it looks like! I found them!"

Seungyeon snarled at her sister going after her but Jeongyeon was quick enough to run around her room and go on top of her bed and keep the pants to her. She wasn't going to let her sister get them.

Seoyeon looked up from her book and sighed rolling her eyes.

"GIVE IT TO ME!"

"FINDERS KEEPERS SEUNGYEON!"

"I can't believe I'm related to them." Seoyeon shook her head and went back to her book.

- - -

They were happy memories that Jeongyeon was remembering. She bit her bottom lip as tears were filling up her eyes. The moment she closed her eyes, she felt the pain in her head and let the tears fall. She was about to take a step forward but she felt weak and unable to push herself. But she ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter